Son of a son of a ...

Site seems a bit wankish

I've been having problems for a few days now. Turned off my ad blocker tonight and it seems to be working...we'll see.

You can access the quieter sections of CC, but they are having trouble on all the major forums like NCL, Carnival, etc.    You can see by how few posts are getting through here.  Hope they get this fixed soon.  Driving me crazy

Trouble with CC in New Zealand but seems not to be with the "Followed" threads.    No trouble with NCL.com though

I agree, site has been terrible.  No isssues with NCL site or other travel sites, just CC.

Note to owners: spend less money on advertising emails and more on stable IT infrastructure. 

Since I refuse to pull my AD BLOCKER - I guess that I will have to put up with S-L--O---W response connect time.

I get this ERROR page frequently and after waiting a few minutes a reconnect attempt usually establishes the connection.

xxxxx

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Try again

xxxxx

Frequently the site takes around a minute to load - longer with threads with many posts/replies.

Seems like it is forever spooling (loading).

The CC index page loads OK - it is only this NCL page that is the problem.

As one poster noted it is not the NCL.com site.

My TA's site only shuts down in the wee hours adjusting inventory etc.

I too have had some trouble In fact I had to try 3 times just now before I could get in. I know computers are not perfect and as sure the glitch will be fixed before long 

I have had trouble for the past week here and fairly frequently on NCL as well during the same period.

rec'd and

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Since I refuse to pull my AD BLOCKER - I guess that I will have to put up with S-L--O---W response connect time.

I get this ERROR page frequently and after waiting a few minutes a reconnect attempt usually establishes the connection.

xxxxx

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Try again

xxxxx

Frequently the site takes around a minute to load - longer with threads with many posts/replies.

Seems like it is forever spooling (loading).

The CC index page loads OK - it is only this NCL page that is the problem.

As one poster noted it is not the NCL.com site.

My TA's site only shuts down in the wee hours adjusting inventory etc.

Exactly the error I continue to receive.  

This new CC platform is terrible.   There has been several different days since the "upgrade" when I couldn't even access the forum and most times when I can the site refreshes itself two or three times before I can click on a thread.  This morning, I can only access some of the threads and the ones I can't I get some vague "somethings gone wrong" error message.

Fail.

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1052

Edited by ColinIllinois

CC has been running into a partial meltdown/shutdown for several weeks - happened again yesterday, for much of the day & came back up late - for me.  There is nothing wrong, for the most part with "our" computer, tablet/iPad, smartphone or iPhone - nor, for what it's worth, problems with NCL's website itself.

Here's the MERGED SERVER ERRORS post here on CC - bookmark it for future reference, and check it ... next time.  Others on popular/major sub-forums here, apparently, still seeing 500 and/or 504 errors, or similar "codes"

I hope traffic on the boards picks up too.  I'm missing the updates from those who just returned from a cruise and haven't been able to post for us.

Generally speaking, any website that needs to store and retrieve information (like a bulletin board) is going to use a database behind-the-scenes.

The error that we're seeing ("MySQL has gone away") generally indicates that when you tried to navigate the boards, the site tried to make contact with the database, was unsuccessful, and gave up after a certain amount of time passed.

Your browser doesn't have any direct access to the database, so I highly doubt that an ad-blocker would have any effect on this. It's likely an infrastructure issue, and I'm sure there's a poor sysadmin at CruiseCritic who's trying to fix it.

Edited by dcipjr

I am guessing they are running into database memory problems, i'm sure their database has well over 30 million entries, The Norwegian thread alone has over 6700 pages, dating back to 2007. They should archive posts older than a few years old, as i imagine most of the content that old, is no longer relevant. Just my 2 cents.

I was trying to post and kept getting an error but if  you look at the board it posted everytime.  Sorry about that