Carnival Gift Card on sale on Newegg

shof515

2 minutes ago, KristiK said:

can this be used for the initial purchase? or deposit?

or only for onboard purchases/excursions etc.

Carnival doesn't restrict their gift cards like other cruise lines. You can use it for ANYTHING Carnival.

• Like 1

Thanks! I got 2...

Sorry to ask newbe questions but I have no experience with gift cards and Carnival but have read where others use them...

How does an e-gift card work? I assume I'll get an email with the gift card. Does the email come from Carnival? How do I redeem? Do I just put it on my account before the cruise online, call Carnival ahead of time or redeem when I check in on the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, mvaughn11 said:

How does an e-gift card work? I assume I'll get an email with the gift card. Does the email come from Carnival? How do I redeem? Do I just put it on my account before the cruise online, call Carnival ahead of time or redeem when I check in on the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

After you purchase them, in a day or so you will get an email that says Newegg – eGift Card Certificate. In this email, is a link to view/print the gift certificate.  When you view the gift certificate, you will see a card number and pin code. You can use these numbers to make online payment to a cruise, place a depsoit, make funshop orders, etc. If you want to use it on board, print out that whole page and give it to guest services on board to use on the ship 

13 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Worked fine for me just now. 

I had to go and use it before logging into my account for some reason.  Nice that they are egift cards, but still more expensive than drivewise or aarp, so will probably pass.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

After you purchase them, in a day or so you will get an email that says Newegg – eGift Card Certificate. In this email, is a link to view/print the gift certificate.  When you view the gift certificate, you will see a card number and pin code. You can use these numbers to make online payment to a cruise, place a depsoit, make funshop orders, etc. If you want to use it on board, print out that whole page and give it to guest services on board to use on the ship 

Thanks so much for the info.!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, shof515 said:

Thanks! After buying them yesterday, I received an email with links to certificates just in a matter of a few hours. The linked pages for the certificates allowed yo to prompt if you wanted but all I needed were card numbers and PIN's. I then logged on to Carnival.com and bought Cruise Cash from the Funshop  for my cruise coming up using the e-gift cards...

Edited by mvaughn11