AARP E-Gift Cards

DebbieMo

I haven’t purchased gift Cards from AARP in a while. Last yr when I bought they had the e-gift cards all the time but I looked today and they only have actual gift cards that have to be mailed. Do the e-gift cards come up often or not anymore? Are we back to having to stalk the page to see when they become available? 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Yep, they discontinued the e-gift cards last year. Lots of people displeased about it. I don't like the physical cards but make due. 

It’ll be ok just a little more planning ahead involved.

1 minute ago, coevan said:

one's plastic and one is paper, don't understand what stinks, you have to wait 2 -3 days is the only inconvenience

1. It's nice to have them instantly without having to wait.

2. It's nice to have all of the numbers digitally without having to type them back out into your phone, assuming you want to carry them digitally.

3. It's easier to copy and paste the numbers from the digital cards than type out the numbers from the physical card. 

4. As many thousands of dollars worth of AARP, Allstate, and Verizon gift cards as I've gotten over the years, I've not once had a single physical gift card come within 2-3 days. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, coevan said:

one's plastic and one is paper, don't understand what stinks, you have to wait 2 -3 days is the only inconvenience

What I don’t understand is why you are going out of your way to be rude, I never even responded to you. And like I said before you even rudely responded, It’ll be ok just a little more planning ahead involved.

ETA: I stated it stinks because the e-gift cards were convenient and you come back with an inconvenience (2-3 days wait) which proves my point so I don’t get what you don’t understand.

Edited by DebbieMo
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

1. It's nice to have them instantly without having to wait.

2. It's nice to have all of the numbers digitally without having to type them back out into your phone, assuming you want to carry them digitally.

3. It's easier to copy and paste the numbers from the digital cards than type out the numbers from the physical card. 

4. As many thousands of dollars worth of AARP, Allstate, and Verizon gift cards as I've gotten over the years, I've not once had a single physical gift card come within 2-3 days. 

Thank you!

Edited by DebbieMo

• 1 month later...

I just bought $1900 worth of gift cards.  I was hoping for e cards too but no such luck.  Be aware  I got a message saying that because of the $$ they had to be signed for.  I had to call them and have them sent to my work instead of home.  It took a week to get them.  Ordered Feb 21 received them the 27th

Edited by sprint180

• 4 weeks later...

Heads up that eGift cards are back on the AARP Rewards for Good website.  Only in $100 increments.  No idea how long they will last.  I bought four and received immediate email with gift cards.  I confirmed on carnival website that they were good.

AARPEgift.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carnival actually stopped the E-gift cards because there was issues with them being stolen and hacked and others selling fake carnival e-gift cards on other sites.  maybe they have a handle on it now?

Edited by Brad1972

4 minutes ago, Brad1972 said:

Carnival actually stopped the E-gift cards because there was issues with them being stolen and hacked and others selling fake carnival e-gift cards on other sites.

Looks like they are back on both the Carnival website and for a discount on AARP Rewards for Good site.

CarnivalEgift.jpg

AARPEgift.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, coevan said:

There used to be a $1 shipping fee per card too. Sure that's small for a $500 card, but still it's there.

Thanks for the heads-up that the e cards are back! I just needed a quick $100

On 1/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, DebbieMo said:

What I don’t understand is why you are going out of your way to be rude, I never even responded to you. And like I said before you even rudely responded, It’ll be ok just a little more planning ahead involved.

ETA: I stated it stinks because the e-gift cards were convenient and you come back with an inconvenience (2-3 days wait) which proves my point so I don’t get what you don’t understand.

He always posts one-line comments that rarely offer anything worthwhile to a thread. Probably one of those people who go around doing that just to boost their post count.

Good to see the e-card back in stock, even if it is just the $100 cards. Allstate insurance has a similar rewards program and we've kind of theorized that they now reserve their e-cards for Allstate customers. Recently, the customers are able to buy them, but the non-customers aren't. In the case of AARP, that's not a factor. I'm actually a member and the e-cards weren't available till now.

Here's the main AARP gift card thread if anyone wants to post in-stock alerts. It just kinda helps keep the forum from filling up with separate threads to tell everyone they're in stock:

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, coevan said:

Think that bad OP, if it were up to me... you would have to be 50 and be a member!

Mike

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

He always posts one-line comments that rarely offer anything worthwhile to a thread. Probably one of those people who go around doing that just to boost their post count.

Good to see the e-card back in stock, even if it is just the $100 cards. Allstate insurance has a similar rewards program and we've kind of theorized that they now reserve their e-cards for Allstate customers. Recently, the customers are able to buy them, but the non-customers aren't. In the case of AARP, that's not a factor. I'm actually a member and the e-cards weren't available till now.

Here's the main AARP gift card thread if anyone wants to post in-stock alerts. It just kinda helps keep the forum from filling up with separate threads to tell everyone they're in stock:

You’re probably right. 

I actually got my cards this time from Allstate and it’s been great. They do reserve their e-gift cards for members.

I’m actually locked out of AARP right now 😞. Used a promo code someone shared and it was supposed to be a 1 time use even though the site allowed it they locked my acct. I just need 1 more $500 for this yrs cruise and I’m set so I’m not concerned.

Thank you for the link. The other thread I was following got deleted, I think because of the same promo code fiasco.