Cruise Critic Community
ronbe65

CARNIVAL MARDI GRAS Preview: Video, Pics, Deck plans,Things to discuss...

Funnel installed. 

📷 Meyer Turku 

20200117_150137.jpg

20200117_150122.jpg

20200117_150107.jpg

20200117_150037.jpg

20200117_150023.jpg

20200117_150007.jpg

20200117_145458.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

30 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Funnel installed. 

📷 Meyer Turku 

20200117_150137.jpg

20200117_150122.jpg

20200117_150107.jpg

20200117_150037.jpg

20200117_150023.jpg

20200117_150007.jpg

20200117_145458.jpg

Nice!

So my wife was browsing renderings over at the Mardi Gras page on Carnival when she noticed a rendering of Havana with hot tubs and pool. We never noticed this when we first browsed through the site months ago. My initial thought is they recycled a rendering from the Vista class since it looks like the exact same setup. Any chance this rendering was added recently and depicts what the actual Havana area will be like on Mardi Gras?

34044.jpeg

21 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Alexey

She is coming along nicely. It will be great to see the overall look once the covers are removed. Thanks for sharing.

I believe this is the rendering previously posted for the Havana area on Mardi Gras.

51437143_10156661680009584_3632523454504239104_o.thumb.jpg.7f6d2d8a2ac6c234033a195fcd8b6263.jpg

And if you compare it to the deck plan you'll see it is a lot smaller than Vista.

image.png.dec8044b9c0a07c58e0e780a4c1fc3d2.png

9 hours ago, mdin said:

So my wife was browsing renderings over at the Mardi Gras page on Carnival when she noticed a rendering of Havana with hot tubs and pool. We never noticed this when we first browsed through the site months ago. My initial thought is they recycled a rendering from the Vista class since it looks like the exact same setup. Any chance this rendering was added recently and depicts what the actual Havana area will be like on Mardi Gras?

34044.jpeg

Edited by Ellusionz

📷 Folke

Folke Österman 5.jpg

Folke Österman 2.jpg

Folke Österman 1.jpg

Folke Österman 3.jpg

Folke Österman 4.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

They have a warehouse with mockups of all of the different cabin types they’re going to be showing. JH is posting videos. It looks like the showers have doors on them.

Edited by Saint Greg

"

Carnival Floats Out New Mardi Gras Cruise Ship"

January 24, 2020

(11:55 a.m. EST) -- Mardi Gras, Carnival Cruise Line's largest ship, floated out Jan. 24 at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland, marking a significant event in the ship's construction. Now in water, the vessel will continue to be outfitted before its debut in the fall.

For full article:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5013/

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

They have a warehouse with mockups of all of the different cabin types they’re going to be showing. JH is posting videos. It looks like the showers have doors on them.

They are, I should have been more specific.   There are doors on the showers.  

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It looks like the showers have doors on them.

Hi Saint Greg ☺️

Yes, you are correct. Take a peek at the 1 minute, 30 second mark on this video. 

'First (Video) Look of the Staterooms on Mardi Gras' from Carnival & the Piikkio Works Cabin Factory, Finland. Published March 2019.

Video Located @: https://youtu.be/L9GH4KpAq_E

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Nice. Like the colors also. Blues and greens, tan and wood. Sliding shelves in the closet, solid door for the shower. Towel and grab rail in front of the sink. Smart! USB ports and power outlets, more than others. Wonder if the balcony sliding door will rattle in bad weather like the one on the Sky Princess. Sofa conversion to a bed. Nice and easy. Like the indirect lighting behind the beds headboard. Large room as usual. An OV is 243 Sq.Ft. larger than most of theirs which were the largest, now even bigger. We had the 2020 Halloween cruise booked. Wish they did not have to cancel it.

Anyone notice the Balcony railing. PVC covered not pained. Just like on the Sky Princess which used a lot of stainless steel, along with anodized aluminum and no calking for the windows. Rubber or neoprene gaskets. A lot less up keep and NO rusting. Wonder if Carnival is using fake wood. I hope so. 

Anyone have any knowledge on the status of family harbor suites on the Mardi Gras? I was looking at booking a family Harbour suite for our next cruise and I don’t see those as an option on the Mardi Gras? Just an interior and ocean view. Is this true? 

59 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Anyone have any knowledge on the status of family harbor suites on the Mardi Gras? I was looking at booking a family Harbour suite for our next cruise and I don’t see those as an option on the Mardi Gras? Just an interior and ocean view. Is this true? 

Yes that is true, no balcony for family harbour

1 minute ago, canada cruiser said:

Yes that is true, no balcony for family harbour

Such a bummer, I don’t know if I know how to cruise without a balcony. That may be what makes my ship decision! 

John said today that the special sailings 1st offer to cancelled Mardi Gras cruisers will be out in a couple days and be for special sailings to celebrate Carnivals 50th in 2022.  More coming.  

What is the first FL sailing this year?  I am currently booked on the Thanksgiving sailing (Nov 21, 2020) but it looks like the one after (Nov 28, 2020) is sold out?  

I can't wait for you guys to post your reviews when you sail on this ship.

The newest ship I have sailed was Horizon in November 2019 loved it the family harbor room was perfect for me.

Can't wait.