Cruise Critic Community
ronbe65

CARNIVAL MARDI GRAS Preview: Video, Pics, Deck plans,Things to discuss...

On 2/4/2020 at 12:17 AM, molole said:

What is the first FL sailing this year?  I am currently booked on the Thanksgiving sailing (Nov 21, 2020) but it looks like the one after (Nov 28, 2020) is sold out?  

I believe that the 1st sailing is 11/15 

On 1/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Saint Greg ☺️

Yes, you are correct. Take a peek at the 1 minute, 30 second mark on this video. 

'First (Video) Look of the Staterooms on Mardi Gras' from Carnival & the Piikkio Works Cabin Factory, Finland. Published March 2019.

Video Located @: https://youtu.be/L9GH4KpAq_E

🌴

Do you happen to know if there's a video like the one you linked to,  to see what the Excel Corner Suites look like? I searched but only found the renderings posted on Carnival. 😊

58 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

Do you happen to know if there's a video like the one you linked to,  to see what the Excel Corner Suites look like? I searched but only found the renderings posted on Carnival. 😊

I have some pics at home.  If nothing gets posted, when I get home I will scan and post.  We are staying in one in January .  

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have some pics at home.  If nothing gets posted, when I get home I will scan and post.  We are staying in one in January .  

Thank you! 😊

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

That's the info I found that prompted me to book the Excel Corner Suite. 😁 I know it's probably too early, but when I came across the other post that showed the video I thought maybe an Excel suite video might have been made or more pictures to show every area instead of just the renderings posted on the website. I'm patient though! So if you do come across any other info please tag me so I can check it out! Thank you for taking the time to respond and link to the site! I do like all that is offered with the Excel suites and I'm looking forward to utilizing Loft 19 for sure! You'll get there before I will! I'm not going until June 2021.

9 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

That's the info I found that prompted me to book the Excel Corner Suite. 😁 I know it's probably too early, but when I came across the other post that showed the video I thought maybe an Excel suite video might have been made or more pictures to show every area instead of just the renderings posted on the website. I'm patient though! So if you do come across any other info please tag me so I can check it out! Thank you for taking the time to respond and link to the site! I do like all that is offered with the Excel suites and I'm looking forward to utilizing Loft 19 for sure! You'll get there before I will! I'm not going until June 2021.

I will def have a review and tons of pics when we are in there 1/23/2021

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will def have a review and tons of pics when we are in there 1/23/2021

Well dang. Looking forward to your review,  but we are also on this sailing. Hoping that the few sailings before ours have reviews full of great info. So curious and excited about this ship. We have an aft corner Excel suite in January and an ocean suite with larger balcony in May.  

8 hours ago, brandi0727 said:

That's the info I found that prompted me to book the Excel Corner Suite. 😁 

Hi Brandi0727,

Suites start from 01:58 mark:

Mardi Gras overall:

Happy cruising!

We are booked on the 12/5/20 sailing .

We cruise different cruise lines and book a Spa Pass when the ship has a Thermo Pool .

Saw the Valentines Day Spa discount promo and was ready to purchase until I viewed 

the Spa Thermo Pool (to be) on the Mardi Gras.

Tiny ? Unbelievably Tiny compared to other ships that we booked ,  especially for such a large ship ?

Disappointed .

On 1/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, PortSideCruzan said:

'First (Video) Look of the Staterooms on Mardi Gras' from Carnival & the Piikkio Works Cabin Factory, Finland. Published March 2019.

Video Located @: https://youtu.be/L9GH4KpAq_E

🌴

On 2/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, brandi0727 said:

Hi @brandi0727 ☺️

So far, the link I posted to the (real video) of an actual Mardi Gras Balcony Stateroom (not renderings) from the Piikkio Works Cabin Factory in Finland is the only one of its kind. The video was made on site at their cabin factory in Finland, before those actual pre-built cabins (not mock up cabins) are shipped to the Meyer Turku Shipyard to be installed.

All other videos created as of right now are videos with picture renderings in them. 

Having said that, now that Mardi Gras has been floated out of its 'Yard Number 1396' and moved to another yard number at the Meyer Turku Shipyard where cabins will be installed, hopefully Piikko Works, Meyer Turku or Carnival will create another real video like the one I posted above. If so, I will certainly post it and link/tag your Cruise Critic screen name in it.

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

We are booked on the 12/5/20 sailing .

We cruise different cruise lines and book a Spa Pass when the ship has a Thermo Pool .

Saw the Valentines Day Spa discount promo and was ready to purchase until I viewed 

the Spa Thermo Pool (to be) on the Mardi Gras.

Tiny ? Unbelievably Tiny compared to other ships that we booked ,  especially for such a large ship ?

Disappointed .

I don't think Carnival gets the $$$ from the spa enough to justify a larger Thalassophy pool like on Breeze and Dream.  They added a bunch of cabins on the Vista and Horizon that helped to occupy the space better from a Carnival business standpoint.

4 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Well dang. Looking forward to your review,  but we are also on this sailing. Hoping that the few sailings before ours have reviews full of great info. So curious and excited about this ship. We have an aft corner Excel suite in January and an ocean suite with larger balcony in May.  

I wanted the aft suite but it was not available for the dates I booked. I will have to book another cruise to try for the Presidential Excel or the Excel aft. I like the perks offered plus the idea of having a hot tub on the private balcony with spacious cabins. Perfect for some private relaxation!

4 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

Hi Brandi0727,

Suites start from 01:58 mark:

Mardi Gras overall:

Happy cruising!

Thank you for these! They have great information for sure! 

1 hour ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi @brandi0727 ☺️

So far, the link I posted to the (real video) of an actual Mardi Gras Balcony Stateroom (not renderings) from the Piikkio Works Cabin Factory in Finland is the only one of its kind. The video was made on site at their cabin factory in Finland, before those actual pre-built cabins (not mock up cabins) are shipped to the Meyer Turku Shipyard to be installed.

All other videos created as of right now are videos with picture renderings in them. 

Having said that, now that Mardi Gras has been floated out of its 'Yard Number 1396' and moved to another yard number at the Meyer Turku Shipyard where cabins will be installed, hopefully Piikko Works, Meyer Turku or Carnival will create another real video like the one I posted above. If so, I will certainly post it and link/tag your Cruise Critic screen name in it.

🌴

Thank you so much! I became even more excited to see the real video of the Excel suites after seeing the video you posted. I did not see that video on any search I did through Google.  Yes, please do tag my screen name with future real videos you post. I love seeing the ship come to life! Thank you again,  I truly appreciate it!🤗

New video released February 10th, 2020

Behind the Fun: The Making of Mardi Gras 

Video Located @: https://youtu.be/thQbDgSnMwM

Carnival Launches Video Series to Debut Mega Cruise Ship

Article located @: https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-launches-video-series-to-debut-mega-cruise-ship/

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

Nice photo of the ship. 📷 Veijo

Veijo.jpg.bd054efb44681edf7cf55e1e067acf93.jpg

... but did you notice the start of construction on the roller coaster? 😁

1308827660_Veijo1.jpg.36641e6e532b92a10c1637236c6e5bf3.jpg

I so hope to be sailing on her next May 2021, 😅.  We are all going to need a serious vacation after this lock-down.

Great pic, thanks for sharing. Rollar Coaster is looking good.. We have June 2021 and December 2021/2022 NYE booked on her.