Cruise Critic Community
houseflipper48

Carnival Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee

Hi, Has anyone taken advantage of the shore excursion price guarantee? We are looking at Belize excursions and private tours are much cheaper. But I like the fact that the Carnival tour we'd like to take leaves directly from the ship. Wondering how easy it is to submit claim.

so do all the other excursions, the only problem with the Carnival guarantee is you have to tour with Carnival. We have done several Belize private excursions, they all started at the port terminal.

Full disclosure I've never tried the process myself, but from what I've read, the process to submit a claim is not difficult, but getting Carnival to agree that the excursions are in fact an exact duplicate can often be challenging - if one offers transportation and the other doesn't for example, it's not a match. But what the heck! Lots of people are successful at it so I'd say give it a try!

As Coevan said, you need to book the excursion through Carnival first, then submit the claim for the price guarantee. If it's rejected you would still have the option to cancel the Carnival excursion and go with the private one... (note- if you cancel onboard I believe you will get OBC, not a credit back to your payment form, like you'd get if cancel before the cruise).

I did it for our Altun Ha excursion in Belize last year. I orginally booked thru Carnival, went and found an almost identical excursion after reading about doing the price match on these boards, and Voila! I saved almost $20 per person!

It is very easy and we have never been denied.  Gotten onboard credit on multiple excursions.  

It's very easy to submit.  You must first schedule your Carnival excursion, then submit the online form.  I've done it several times without any problems.  

Yes, I did this for the Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion offered by Carnival and it was easy and had my confirmation within about 2 business days.  You might try searching your excursion "price match" and see if there's already a thread on yours.  That's how I find out about mine.  🙂

4 hours ago, shawnalr said:

Yes, I did this for the Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion offered by Carnival and it was easy and had my confirmation within about 2 business days.  You might try searching your excursion "price match" and see if there's already a thread on yours.  That's how I find out about mine.  🙂

Same here. We also received the price match for this excursion in Belize. It’s the only one that I have ever gotten approved. All other requests I have put in were turned down due to one little detail. 

We collected twice on the same cruise. 1 for Atlantis Sub in Grand Cayman & I don’t remember the other off hand. 

‘They paid us 150% of the difference in OBC. We DID NOT book with Carnival but stayed with the private vendor.

IDK, maybe the way it works has changed? The form is on the Carnival website. Very easy to fill out.

Screen shot the others price, receipt, brochure, etc... and attached to the form. Excursion must be EXACTLY the same! 

10 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

We collected twice on the same cruise. 1 for Atlantis Sub in Grand Cayman & I don’t remember the other off hand. 

‘They paid us 150% of the difference in OBC. We DID NOT book with Carnival but stayed with the private vendor.

IDK, maybe the way it works has changed? The form is on the Carnival website. Very easy to fill out.

Screen shot the others price, receipt, brochure, etc... and attached to the form. Excursion must be EXACTLY the same! 

You must have fallen through the cracks somehow.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS In order to be eligible to receive the Best Price Guarantee, you must (1) reserve the applicable shore excursion(s) prior to the commencement of your cruise; and (2) complete and submit an online Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee claim form at least seven (7) days prior to the commencement of your cruise. Failure to meet any of the following conditions will result in your claim form being rejected. Carnival Cruise Line will review your claim within five (5) business days. Lower rate must be publicly advertised and available to the general public at the time your claim is filed, as determined by Carnival Cruise Line personnel. Rates offered on membership program websites, corporate discounts or rates; group, charter, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public are ineligible. The Best Price Guarantee is available only for exact shore excursion matches, for example, duration of the shore excursion, transportation fees, and the exact same dates of the shore excursion as booked through Carnival Cruise Line. The Best Price Guarantee is not available for shore excursions booked through any third-party where excursion details are unknown until after purchase. If your claim meets these requirements, Carnival Cruise Line will issue a non-refundable onboard credit worth 110% of the price difference. An email confirming the outcome of the request will be sent to you. If you cancel your excursion, your onboard credit will also be cancelled. The onboard credit is nonrefundable, nontransferable, and has no cash value. The onboard credit must be used during the applicable cruise. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Carnival Cruise Line reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee. No change in the Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Carnival Cruise Line to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.

No falling through the cracks here.

I went back and looked.

It was on the Breeze in 2014.

The other excursion was for the hop on hop off trolley in Key West.

I’d have to say the policies/conditions have changed since then.

We kept the excursions with the business’ themselves and Carnival put 150% of the price difference on our account as OBC.

I know we followed the restrictions/submission requirements at that time. They are/were very specific. 

We also had reason to speak to the guest services manager on another matter during the cruise. 

She had commented on how well I had researched for and got the 2 OBC’s. 

For the Atlantis Sub, we watched the Carnival group leave before we went on our sub. 

It is super easy to submit. When I did it, the link that I provided to the excursion website didn't work, so I got an email from Carnival stating that I could resubmit or reply directly to the email. I replied directly with the link and my claim was approved!

This was for Balmoral island in the Bahamas though, no experience with Belize.