Cruise critic host. Host star

Host Star

On 1/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sailing12Away said:

What exactly is a "host" and what sort of things should we reach out to you for? Is that the new age term for a forum moderator?

Hi

we have always been called hosts. Although technically we are forum moderators.   Have great 401 plans full health and dental plans.  6 weeks paid vacations and free cruises.  Oops. That was in my dreams.  😀😀😀😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

• Host Bonjour locked and unlocked this topic
  • 8 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, Host Star said:

Hi everyone

i am one of the cruise critic hosts for this board and can be reached at hoststar@cruisecritic.com

There seems to be a problem with the NCL Roll Calls. For example ours: NCL Pearl, Dec 13, 2019 show only 2 members however we have 4 (Avatars).

Other sailings show 0 members but there are several on the board. Can you help?

lorenzod

19 hours ago, lorenzod said:

There seems to be a problem with the NCL Roll Calls. For example ours: NCL Pearl, Dec 13, 2019 show only 2 members however we have 4 (Avatars).

Other sailings show 0 members but there are several on the board. Can you help?

lorenzod

Our tech dept will be taking care of this. 
regards

FYI

The NCL STAR is having mechanical problems - well big deal aren't we all ---

The reason for this post is there are two threads about this:

In the interest of continuity just a thought to combine (merge) the two - - -

trying to keep all the confusseled information in one vein - - -

This thread said this - this thread said that - and never the twain shall ???

Oh to have a hosting job like yours - being the fantasia sorcerers apprentice

yeah probably more serious than that !  LOL !

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the NCL Joy with the Norovirus. While we were lucky to have avoided the illness, I still had serious issues with this cruise. We purchased the Priority Access which was nonexistent  and the tortuous embarkation and disembarkation. Who can I write letters to address these issues? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Host Star

All these threads about Covid19 and when cruises will start, will May happen, will June happen, what about October etc etc are getting out of hand, you (or other mods) appear to be spending a lot of time tidying up and closing threads where the arguments blow up. Even when a thread starts well it soon ends up on the same old arguments.

Can I suggest a Covid 19 discussion thread and ban everywhere else, let them argue to their heart's content (within the rules) on where it started, when it started, when a vaccine etc etc.

We all care about it but not on every thread, Pretty please 😃

• 2 months later...

When does Cruise Critic plan on adding NCL's newest, Encore, ship to the forums. Would be nice for those of us sailing on her to ask questions of those who did before cruising was halted.

Thanks,

Becky

Edited by ATXBecky
left ships name off post

• 8 months later...

I have sent multiple emails to You as well as help email.  No one gets back to me.  I need to change the email I signed up with , it has not been valid for years and I need to get some email notifications.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was talking to NCL Personal cruise consultant and he was telling me that on the new ship NCl Prime that Breakfast and lunch is free but Dinner is not. He was trying to explain it to me. I didn’t quite  understand. I realize there going to be no more buffet. Is this another way to fleeced the General Public. I wouldn’t mind if the employees benefit. I read that the CEO received 30 million in compensation. Do you know any details. He also told me this was going to be a luxury liner. I thought all the Luxury Liners were all inclusive.

• 2 months later...

Thank you.  I wish that I had read this earlier but my problem seems to have been resolved.

I posted what I felt was a legitimate discussion re NCL.  I am going to avoid details but I got so many hostile responses.  I was accused. I was insulted. I was embarrassed.

I did send an email to CruiseCritic yesterday and planned to send another one asking them if they could pull my discussion.

But it has been done and I am so relieved.

I will try not to do this again in the future.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:07 PM, rscales2 said:

I was talking to NCL Personal cruise consultant and he was telling me that on the new ship NCl Prime that Breakfast and lunch is free but Dinner is not. He was trying to explain it to me. I didn’t quite  understand. I realize there going to be no more buffet. Is this another way to fleeced the General Public. I wouldn’t mind if the employees benefit. I read that the CEO received 30 million in compensation. Do you know any details. He also told me this was going to be a luxury liner. I thought all the Luxury Liners were all inclusive.

I am booked for the Prima next August. I guess that we are going to have to wait and see. If this is true and we can not pay for dinner or do not want to, hopefully we will be given enough time to cancel and book another cruise.

I’m not going to cancel this seems like a great ship. Nothing is going to makes me dislike anything about this cruise. I’m a Platinum Plus member and I also have free at sea dinners. When I don’t have any dinners I will take food back to my room at lunch. I such can’t wait. I going to Copenhagen two days early so I can have at least one day of sightseeing. I see everyone from September 13 till October 5.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:07 PM, rscales2 said:

I spoke to my PCC today but forgot to ask about dining options on the Prima. I still think that it is a little too soon to ask about complimentary vs fee.

There are always complimentary restaurants on every ship where you are served besides the Garden Cafe. Perhaps these complimentary restaurants are free for breakfast and lunch but for pay for dinner.

On my last cruise, some of the so called complimentary restaurants had some free items but some items were for pay.