Cruise Critic Community
Aquadesiac

Viewing & reserving excursions on Cunard.com

Okay, I'll admit to being techno-stupid sometimes, but I cannot even see the excursions for our July 28th 21 Day on the QM2. Is there a secret handshake or something I'm missing?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Shore excursions will be listed and can be reserved in the Cunard Voyage Personaliser (vp.cunard.com). But it's too early to find them there yet for your July 28th voyage. They aren't listed yet for our July 7th 21-day voyage on QM2 right before yours. The date when shore excursions are posted for any given voyage can vary quite a bit. The standard answer from Cunard is "Shore Excursions become available approximately 12 weeks before you sail." In practice, they often become available a bit before that date.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks for the info. It seems rather last minute to me. I'm the sort who likes to have all my excursion ducks in a row well in advance. Part of the charm of cruising is being able to spread out the expenses and then once I'm aboard, I've already paid for everything. 

Are Cunard World Cruises also that last minute with regard to excursions?

I haven't been on a world cruise so I can't say for sure, but I'm not aware of the time frame being any different for shore excursion availability on world cruises.

I just did a quick scan of the roll call for Queen Victoria's current world voyage, and the best I can tell is that shore excursions may have been posted the end of September or early October for that world voyage which departed earlier this month. If so, that would be about the same time frame as other Cunard voyages we have been on.

Cunard does post their shore excursions later than most of the other cruise lines we have been on.

When you look at a voyage with multiple stops on the booking pages, you can get a little map showing the route and on the right side are square boxed up and down arrows. When you look at each stop they will show some or perhaps all excursions for each location on the cruise. I looked for my 24th September sailing from Hamburg and found two for Hamburg, Four for Southamption, perhaps six for Le Havre (some of which seem to have price errors- as I doubt anyone will pay$999 to visit the American or British Beaches). There is a description of each event. The pricing seemed reasonable for the Hamburg and Southampton excursions. 

We are on in May 2019 and our excursions came up to October 2018, that's a whopping 7-8 months ahead!  I was shocked that they came out early, because of that clause that says 12 weeks, but was sure happy about it too!  I am like the OP who likes to get everything booked that I can and have it paid for before boarding.

I hope yours come out soon!

Hi, 

I took a Mediterranean cruise on the Queen Victoria in late September 2018. The shore excursions were available on the Cunard website in March 2018 (six months prior to the cruise). Apparently, the date that the excursions are posted greatly varies by cruise. I suggest regularly checking the Cunard website.

Chuck