Cruise Critic Community
randig

Day Pass Resort Options in St Kitts

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, bballmomma said:

Just back from the Marriott and while there was some seaweed it was all gathering over on one side of the beach kind of in a cove and the rest was clean and beautiful. We did the room for a day which was $150 after tax, etc. and it was perfect. Would definitely do it again. We are Hilton Honors members so they upgraded our room and we opened our sliding glass door and stepped out to a pool all to ourselves. We stayed until 6pm and then got a cab back to the pier from the same driver who dropped us off originally. Good food, good drinks, (although resort pricey) beautiful beach, great rooms.  DH and I discussed its somewhere we would come back to just for vacation with the family. I am glad we spent the extra money for the room for a day. It was nice to cool off, relax and shower before we headed back to the ship. I called the hotel directly and made our reservation. No charge for deposit, paid when we left.

Am I missing something? Why did Hilton Honors get you benefits at a Marriott? Aren't they two different rewards programs?

57 minutes ago, gometros said:

Am I missing something? Why did Hilton Honors get you benefits at a Marriott? Aren't they two different rewards programs?

No, I just misspoke. We received an upgraded room with our Marriott points. And its wasn't as if we used points, we just got an upgrade because we are members. If you were going to do this and do not have a Marriott loyalty number, get one before you go for free internet and upgrade opportunity.

24 minutes ago, bballmomma said:

No, I just misspoke. We received an upgraded room with our Marriott points. And its wasn't as if we used points, we just got an upgrade because we are members. If you were going to do this and do not have a Marriott loyalty number, get one before you go for free internet and upgrade opportunity.

Thanks for that clarification. I am a member of both, so I'm covered. Seriously considering doing this when we go in October.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, bballmomma said:

Just back from the Marriott and while there was some seaweed it was all gathering over on one side of the beach kind of in a cove and the rest was clean and beautiful. We did the room for a day which was $150 after tax, etc. and it was perfect. Would definitely do it again. We are Hilton Honors members so they upgraded our room and we opened our sliding glass door and stepped out to a pool all to ourselves. We stayed until 6pm and then got a cab back to the pier from the same driver who dropped us off originally. Good food, good drinks, (although resort pricey) beautiful beach, great rooms.  DH and I discussed its somewhere we would come back to just for vacation with the family. I am glad we spent the extra money for the room for a day. It was nice to cool off, relax and shower before we headed back to the ship. I called the hotel directly and made our reservation. No charge for deposit, paid when we left.

That's great, sounds like the beach is still AWESOME, who cares about the seaweed, they got it covered.😉

Day room only way to go, totally worth it all the way around. Those rooms are sweet, great food and great drink yes it makes for a beauty of a bar tab, but who cares your on vacation on St. Kitts..........at The Marriott!! AWESOME SAUCE!!!😊

On 6/4/2019 at 11:20 PM, tattoos said:

I think it's a losing battle because the seaweed is still in the water.  We have the same situation on the east coast in Florida, the seaweed has been very bad.  Thank you for commenting.  We are booked on a cruise next year to St. Kitts and are investigating beaches/beach clubs on the Caribbean side of the island.

Carambola Beach Club So. Frigate Bay is all you!! I don't know of any other beach clubs on the Caribbean side of the island.

This place Carambola is right up your alley!! Tons of fun!!😊

Looked up the Carambola Beach Club online and it looks awesome and my #1 choice.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 4:40 AM, tattoos said:

Looked up the Carambola Beach Club online and it looks awesome and my #1 choice.  Thanks.

If you are a genteel cruiser, then please accept a T'erd alert, and go to Sunshine's on Nevis.  If T'erds are not a problem, then book your Beds/umberella in advance.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo