Different pricing on different Hurtigruten websites?

I've noticed that your pricing is very different from one country to the next. For instance booking from Australia if I go to your .no site I can get a Jan 8, 2020 Bergen round trip for 37688K (about $A6196) but if I look at your UK site it is 3848 pounds (about $A7098) nearly $1000 dearer for same category Arctic Superior cabin on middle deck! Can I book with your Norwegian site (I'm happy to read Norwegian!). thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There certainly is a price difference - the Norwegian site is the cheapest but that may partly be due to the fact that the NOK is rathjer low at the moment at least compared to the Euro.

We have booked 2 cruises for this year and 2020 and still decided on not booking on the Norwegian site ( hurtigruten.no) because on the one hand you would have to deal with Norwegian laws if you encountered problems and on the other hand the second cruise we booked came discounted with an early booking bonus of 1000 Euros by Hurtigruten plus a bonus by our travel agency. And nobody knows how the exchange rates will develop during such a long time. I'd certainly book on the Norwegian site ( friends told us it's easy and you can call, too  - no problems with English) if it was not too far ahead in the future or if I wanted to book a port-to-port journey which is only possible on hurtigruten.no if you want to book online.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

@aronde, @sallyandtex, @grayjay, thank you all for your input! Hurtigruten is a global brand with presence in many regions and countries, and we price our expedition voyages in local currencies, as is common for many other international companies. A number of factors affect our pricing: currency fluctuations, time of purchase (for instance, early birds are often rewarded with good deals), time of season, regional or national campaigns, bundling of the total product purchased (pre- and post-activities, connecting flights, onboard packages, excursions, cabin grade, etc.), and so on. All of these elements – and more – have an impact on the final price, and they make it challenging, if not to say impossible, to directly compare prices! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Skjeldam said:

@aronde, @sallyandtex, @grayjay, thank you all for your input! Hurtigruten is a global brand with presence in many regions and countries, and we price our expedition voyages in local currencies, as is common for many other international companies. A number of factors affect our pricing: currency fluctuations, time of purchase (for instance, early birds are often rewarded with good deals), time of season, regional or national campaigns, bundling of the total product purchased (pre- and post-activities, connecting flights, onboard packages, excursions, cabin grade, etc.), and so on. All of these elements – and more – have an impact on the final price, and they make it challenging, if not to say impossible, to directly compare prices! 

Thanks Daniel, but there was none of the differences you mention,  straight out same tour same dates same time of purchasing for same product inclusions.

Usually if I book through say expedia for something, when choosing the currency there is minimal difference, same but factoring conversion fee for example.

For your trips , and also packages I have looked at through 50 deg North, It seems that in Australia we get charged a rate not consistent with simple foriegn currency exchange.

Pretty annoying but what can we do? Not much.

• Thanks 1