Cruise Critic Community
kazu

* ms Oosterdam in Port Everglades - Sail a Way - January 26th, 2019*

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

That's like a hot day for you guys in your winter

Trust me, it would be shorts and tank tops all the way !!

Anyone else experiencing an automatic delay on the webcams? i.e. the outbound ship takes a very long time to disappear from the screen

A question for Copper10-8:  when the "tail" of the ship drags in the water like the Princess ship, doesn't that reduce the gas mileage?

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Anyone else experiencing an automatic delay on the webcams? i.e. the outbound ship takes a very long time to disappear from the screen

I had it freeze up a couple of times but otherwise it has been working ok Copper.

Just now, rafinmd said:

Just back from dinner.  Is Oosterdam still there?

Sorry, you missed her; and about 800 toots!

I noticed that today as well. Our son and daughter-in-law got us a Roku stick for Christmas and I can put the webcams on the tv with it. The tv picture has been different than the one on the computer a number of times today. It is rather nice seeing the ships leave on the really big screen! 

Karen

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

A question for Copper10-8:  when the "tail" of the ship drags in the water like the Princess ship, doesn't that reduce the gas mileage?

That's a better question for ChengKP75, Gerry! I'm lucky I know how to put fuel in my super duper car. A lot of the new ships have that "duck tail" now

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Just back from dinner.  Is Oosterdam still there?

No Roy, the Tooterdam was the second ship to go as the Princess ships were all really slow to depart today.  She did us proud though again today.  Just tooting in the rain.

1 minute ago, luvteaching said:

I noticed that today as well. Our son and daughter-in-law got us a Roku stick for Christmas and I can put the webcams on the tv with it. The tv picture has been different than the one on the computer a number of times today. It is rather nice seeing the ships leave on the really big screen! 

Karen

What is a Republic Of Korea Union stick?

3 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Karen

We received one from our son and d-i-l  for Christmas as well; I'd love to know how to put the webcam on our TV.

A Roku stick is used to stream programs on your tv. I went to the ROKU website to program the stick and the PTZ webcam was there. I was able to load it to our stick very easily. It may mean I can cut some programs off my Dish Network as I can stream them free this way - we'll see when I have time to explore it a bit more. 

Karen

2 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

A Roku stick is used to stream programs on your tv. I went to the ROKU website to program the stick and the PTZ webcam was there. I was able to load it to our stick very easily. It may mean I can cut some programs off my Dish Network as I can stream them free this way - we'll see when I have time to explore it a bit more. 

Karen

I'll have to check ours; our son set ours up, so I wasn't aware of what he put on it.  I know we have netflix and a bunch of other things. I'll have to check it out a little closer next time I'm watching TV.  Thanks!

🙂Smooth Sailing!   🙂

I'm off to check the slow cooker; hopefully DH put something in there this time!  LOL

Smooth Sailing !  🙂🙂 🙂

33 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes happening all day on both webcams.