X cruiser sails Azamara to Cuba Jan 15 to 24 2019

Bimmer09

Why am I putting this on the Celebrity board?

That's basically what Bonnie MacLaird, the Azamara representative on that board said when I mentioned the X board.

Several reasons;

Azamara is considered the "Luxury" brand in the Royal Family (not the British one with Prince Phillip etc) and many X cruisers might have wondered "what is the deal with Azamara?"

The Azamara board is a quiet leafy cul de sac and I want as many people as possible to see Az and Cuba and the best way to do that is put this review on Main Street where a lot of folks pass through each day. That's the X board.

The Azamara readers already have sailed the brand and are devoted to it, in the main so not much of what I show of the shipboard experience will be a surprise to them.

I haven't written on the X board in 2 long years since I sailed on Reflection in January 2017. Prior to that in January 2016 I sailed on Silhouette. I will be on Silly again September 1st to the Norwegian Fjords.

Ok, I am running out of reasons. You get the gist.

Norris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Post away!  Love your pics and even bought a 10-22mm lens base on your use in getting great shots in tight spaces.

We are going to Cuba later this year ourselves and want to do an excursion with an older car as part of the excursion, so hope that you will touch on this as part of your excursions.  

Also, any tips on the issue with NOT doing business with businesses that benefit the government.  I am still confused on this and what is would mean to accidentally buy something from one of them.  

Sailed Azamara in December also to Cuba.  We enjoyed Cuba a lot and will probably go back.  Our Azamara experience was below our expectations and for us not worth the Premium prices.  I hope you had a better experience than we did. .  

I posted our experience on the Azamara formun in response to a question - After cruising Azamara, did you return to Celebrity.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, parrothead33 said:

Looking forward to another great Norris review.  Bring it on!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! I will bring it on-later. Just got home this afternoon and off to the Chicago Opera in an hour. I have 1700 photos and lots of video to share.

I'll post everyday until the review is finished (or I am)

Norris

36 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Post away!  Love your pics and even bought a 10-22mm lens base on your use in getting great shots in tight spaces.

We are going to Cuba later this year ourselves and want to do an excursion with an older car as part of the excursion, so hope that you will touch on this as part of your excursions.  

Also, any tips on the issue with NOT doing business with businesses that benefit the government.  I am still confused on this and what is would mean to accidentally buy something from one of them.  

Sam, yes I recall you buying an ultra wide lens and hope you are enjoying it!

We spent about 18 hours in classic 1950s cars during 3 excursions so I'll be talking about those in depth.  A list of Government businesses to avoid was posted on the Azamara board and I'll see if I can dig that up as I go along. 

Norris

37 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sailed Azamara in December also to Cuba.  We enjoyed Cuba a lot and will probably go back.  Our Azamara experience was below our expectations and for us not worth the Premium prices.  I hope you had a better experience than we did. .  

I posted our experience on the Azamara formun in response to a question - After cruising Azamara, did you return to Celebrity.

Jelayne, thanks for joining me here!

I'll be writing this chronologically and will get to the Azamara experience in a couple of days.

Norris

Thank you for posting to the Princess Board as well. I have 21 cruises all with Princess but this morning I was looking at Azamara Venice to Rome sailing. So I will be following closely and who knows this may pique my interest for an unique itinerary like Cuba as well.

Count me in,

Thanks again.

I to had this marked on my calendar and am anxious to see your perspective on Cuba. I believe I mentioned to you before that we have been to Cuba 35+ times for land stays. Actually we are leaving on Tues for 2 weeks to Cayo Santa Maria so will have to wait anxiously till I return for most of your review.