Cruise Critic Community
Bimmer09

X cruiser sails Azamara to Cuba Jan 15 to 24 2019

I'm as sad as if it were MY cruise that just ended.  We will miss you and Carol, Norris.  Thanks for taking us along.

I’m so sorry that your review has ended Norris, I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you.

Any chance of a final photo of Snowy?

Hope you enjoyed the opera.

Debbie

Posted (edited)

Another excellent review, Norris. It's always a treat to follow along with you and Carol. Cuba is a place I've wanted to visit for many years. You descriptions and photos brought it to life for me. Thank you! I've already put your next cruise on my calendar. Can't wait for that one.

John

Edited by Jasperdo

Excellent reviews and Outstanding Photos. Thanks you for sharing your reviews and cruise.

It has been a fun and rewarding cruise to share with us.  Now that the thread has disembarked, I will plan to go back to work till another cruise comes on line. 

I had a great time and I know you and Carol did!  

I am looking forward to your links to other reviews you have done, especially Mediterranean ones. Thanks for the morning's entertainment every day for ages! 

Thanks again Norris for an awesome review. We have decided to do a short 5 day cruise to Cuba on the Majesty. It will be different than an Azamara cruise which we have enjoyed. Your report helped us to make the decision. Thanks. Look forward to your next review. 

Sue

Thanks for another fascinating review, Norris. Loved your beautiful sunrises and sunsets, as always, but have also fallen in love with Funsterlandia😊 It is definitely my kind of place. 

Now that you’ve added Azamara to your favorite lines, is there any chance you’ll do a new review comparing Azamara, Celebrity & Princess? Your comparison between Celebrity and Princess was extremely illuminating and helpful.

I look forward to tagging along with you and Carol on your Norwegian adventure😎

Cheers,

Michelle

Norris,

I need to add my thanks for this amazing description of your wonderful journey.  Your photos are amazing!  I've back read a few of your prior reviews and am looking forward to future entries in the Gentleman's Seafaring Journal.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:30 PM, DebbieMacG said:

Thank you both for a fantastic review, it’s made me even more excited for our 14 night cruise on Journey in May.

14 nights on the Journey? I can only dream of a day when I retire and have time that is my own.

9 days is our longest and we heave a sigh at people setting off to Japan, Panama Canal and most bitter for me, South America where the steaks and the Malbec come from.

Have an Azamazing cruise!

Thanks for reading this.

Hope to see you in my Silhouette one (my favorite big ship to date)

Norris

15 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks for another fascinating review, Norris. Loved your beautiful sunrises and sunsets, as always, but have also fallen in love with Funsterlandia😊 It is definitely my kind of place. 

Now that you’ve added Azamara to your favorite lines, is there any chance you’ll do a new review comparing Azamara, Celebrity & Princess? Your comparison between Celebrity and Princess was extremely illuminating and helpful.

I look forward to tagging along with you and Carol on your Norwegian adventure😎

Cheers,

Michelle

Michelle, no plans for a comparison as the ships and lines are so disparate in scale.

Az would win on itineraries, food and service and special events (Azamazing Evening/White Night) . Each is a pleasure to sail on.

See you in Norway! We are picking out our excursions this weekend.

Norris

11 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Norris,

I need to add my thanks for this amazing description of your wonderful journey.  Your photos are amazing!  I've back read a few of your prior reviews and am looking forward to future entries in the Gentleman's Seafaring Journal.

Thanks for reading the whole thing-something I hope to do on a day off.

I'll be posting links to my "Back catalog" soon.

Norway review September 10th unless our flight from London is delayed.

Cheers!

Norris

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

Michelle, no plans for a comparison as the ships and lines are so disparate in scale.

Az would win on itineraries, food and service and special events (Azamazing Evening/White Night) . Each is a pleasure to sail on.

See you in Norway! We are picking out our excursions this weekend.

Norris

Norris, thanks for the summary about Azamara’s strengths. Sorry, I should have said we’d be tagging along with you and Carol in spirit. Unfortunately, our corporeal selves must work while you’re in Norway. Someday....

Cheers!

Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

15 hours ago, josumello said:

Thanks again Norris for an awesome review. We have decided to do a short 5 day cruise to Cuba on the Majesty. It will be different than an Azamara cruise which we have enjoyed. Your report helped us to make the decision. Thanks. Look forward to your next review. 

Sue

Thanks Sue, enjoy your visit to Cuba, however brief!

Cheers!

Norris

Norris, thank you for the great review.  It warmed me up as I am reading from western Wisconsin, that received record breaking snowfall in February and is forecasted to receive an additional 12-15 inches of snow on Saturday.😢

Thanks, Norris for another FABULOUS review!!  Cuba is 90 miles off our coast, and is definitely someplace we'll be going!  Am looking very seriously at doing it on Azamara, thanks to you.  My calendar is marked for 09/10 as Norway is also on my radar!

Tracy

Stands up with rum in hand "HEAR HEAR" thank you for another stellar review Sir Norris. And yes you should be knighted on CC boards. Azamara should be giving you some compensation for all the extra revenue they will be receiving.

See you in September

Another brilliant review Norris. I have read them all over the years. You have made Cuba look like a wonderful place to visit. Maybe one day.....    

Thanks to you and Carol for your time, notes and photographs.

Looking forward to the next one, I have cruised the Fjords three times and look forward to seeing them through your eyes.

Posted (edited)

Thank you! Loved every word and pic. Don't want to wish my life away but roll on September! We did the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Eclipse in May 2018. It was fabulous. There's a wee dram here for you if you're ever in the area. Cheers to you both.🍷

Edited by Hockeymum51

Norris, thank you for another wonderful review.  I have already made note of your three upcoming cruises, so I can follow your GSJ afterwards.  I did a 12 nite Silhouette cruise in May 2014 (with my cruise buddy, Carol, not to be confused with yours!) to the Adriatic & Med.  The Adriatic was so calm, it looked like glass - I remember that I was actually disappointed not to feel like I was on a ship!  Croatia was a huge surprise for me - who knew there would be palm trees in Split?  You will have a wonderful time, and I cannot wait to relive my trip through your eyes (and photos).

Laura

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

14 nights on the Journey? I can only dream of a day when I retire and have time that is my own.

9 days is our longest and we heave a sigh at people setting off to Japan, Panama Canal and most bitter for me, South America where the steaks and the Malbec come from.

Have an Azamazing cruise!

Thanks for reading this.

Hope to see you in my Silhouette one (my favorite big ship to date)

Norris

I’m still working but I get 38 days a year holiday 🙂 I can’t wait to spend 14 nights on Azamara Journey!  I’m also doing Sky Princess in November.

I know we both like Celebrity, Azamara and Princess, I’ve also done cruises with Cunard, have you tried them yet?

Edited by DebbieMacG

Norris, thank you for sharing your adventure.  As I will probably never have the chance to take some of the wonderful cruises I read about, I have to live vicariously through all of the wonderful people who take the time and make the effort to inform and entertain us!

On 3/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, QueenP said:

I am looking forward to your links to other reviews you have done, especially Mediterranean ones. Thanks for the morning's entertainment every day for ages! 

Hello again! Tomorrow morning (Thursday) I'll put up those links-all 13 of them dating back to August 2011, our first Princess to Alaska.

Cheers!

Norris

On 3/5/2019 at 8:26 PM, mchell810 said:

Norris,

I have 13 reviews or whatever they are on CC so when I publish the list tomorrow you can check off (not the Russian writer) the ones you haven't read

You'll see the photos get better as the cameras get better and I find out what the hell I'm doing.

I promise better photos from Norway as I'll be practicing a lot this summer.My food photos are the hardest ones to get right so I'll work on that aspect. I am excited to have the chance to eat in Luminae, Murano (love it!) and Lawn Club grill again.

Roll on September. We will see London again!

Norris, with thanks to you.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, cruise47 said:

Excellent reviews and Outstanding Photos. Thanks you for sharing your reviews and cruise.

It is my pleasure.

Hope to see you in my September review!

Norris