Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Bimmer09

X cruiser sails Azamara to Cuba Jan 15 to 24 2019

Recommended Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, Aussie Gal said:

Norris,

I did hear from Blexie yesterday and we are very happy with what we are doing on our first day in Havana. I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful report and the great information that I found in those pages.

Jennie


Jennie, you will be happy you chose Blexie. I'm glad my review has proved helpful to you.

Also it is my civic duty to drop a link to Deladane's Carnival Review so we can all learn a bit more about the Carnival product and maybe see some new destinations through her great photos. Knowledge is power is my mantra.

Enjoy!

Norris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bimmer09 said:

Also it is my civic duty to drop a link to Deladane's Carnival Review so we can all learn a bit more about the Carnival product and maybe see some new destinations through her great photos.

Thanks for the link to Deladane's review. I've never read one of her reviews before. I just started her Celebrity Eclipse review from last year and I'm hooked. I need to get through all 26 pages now. I've also subscribed to her current one on the Carnival Dream. Thanks again for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:


Jennie, you will be happy you chose Blexie. I'm glad my review has proved helpful to you.

Also it is my civic duty to drop a link to Deladane's Carnival Review so we can all learn a bit more about the Carnival product and maybe see some new destinations through her great photos. Knowledge is power is my mantra.

Enjoy!

Norris

 

Norris, thanks for sharing this link!  I felt badly about hijacking your thread to post a link to my review, but if you are the one posting the link then I'm okay with it hehe  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jasperdo said:

Thanks for the link to Deladane's review. I've never read one of her reviews before. I just started her Celebrity Eclipse review from last year and I'm hooked. I need to get through all 26 pages now. I've also subscribed to her current one on the Carnival Dream. Thanks again for the heads up.

 

I'm so glad you are enjoying my Eclipse review!  If you are looking to read something extra special, then I urge you to take a peek at my review from Paul Gauguin.  That is my favorite cruise so far (so also my favorite review!) and French Polynesia is so stunningly beautiful that it's hard to take a bad photo!  It's a long one though, so hopefully you have some spare time to take to take a look 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a link to see all of the Bimmer & Deladane  Cruise Reviews? I have just heard about them. I would like to pick and choose the cruises I would like to read about. Thanks.

JuWolf43
Judi

techteach@roadrunner.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JuWolf43 said:

Is there a link to see all of the Bimmer & Deladane  Cruise Reviews? I have just heard about them. I would like to pick and choose the cruises I would like to read about. Thanks.

JuWolf43
Judi

techteach@roadrunner.com

 


Hi Judi, I have all my links showing on page 31, post 751.

Hope you find a cruise or ship you are interested in.

Norris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Norris (and Carol). Thanks for your wonderful review and photos. I told my husband I was reading this and he rolled his eyes, but when I mentioned the rum bottle being left on the table in Havana - his answer "we must get there one day". So another place for the ever growing list.

I found your review whilst looking at the "X" page  for information on the EXpedition for Galapagas ( booked for 2021). I had never visited before. We have sailed on Azamara Quest to the Norwegian Fjords  - this was a wonderful cruise and itinerary - and your title piqued my interest.  So glad I read along and now have your links to previous reviews (Alaska is on that long list of ours).

I see you will be in Koper, Slovenia - one of our favorite days - we organised a private tour to Lake Bled (great photo ops) and Llubujana from there.

 

Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vada_9 said:

Hello Norris (and Carol). Thanks for your wonderful review and photos. I told my husband I was reading this and he rolled his eyes, but when I mentioned the rum bottle being left on the table in Havana - his answer "we must get there one day". So another place for the ever growing list.

I found your review whilst looking at the "X" page  for information on the EXpedition for Galapagas ( booked for 2021). I had never visited before. We have sailed on Azamara Quest to the Norwegian Fjords  - this was a wonderful cruise and itinerary - and your title piqued my interest.  So glad I read along and now have your links to previous reviews (Alaska is on that long list of ours).

I see you will be in Koper, Slovenia - one of our favorite days - we organised a private tour to Lake Bled (great photo ops) and Llubujana from there.

 

Jan

 

Jan, thanks for reading and offering such kind comments!

We were just watching a very old Rick Steves show yesterday on Slovenia and were reminded of the beauty of Lake Bled and llubujana. Azamara has excursions to each (not both) lasting 7.5 hours. I'd prefer a tour that gives us a shorter taste of each. Do you recall the local tour company you used?

Thanks in advance.

Norris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 8:15 AM, deladane said:

 

I'm so glad you are enjoying my Eclipse review!  If you are looking to read something extra special, then I urge you to take a peek at my review from Paul Gauguin.  That is my favorite cruise so far (so also my favorite review!) and French Polynesia is so stunningly beautiful that it's hard to take a bad photo!  It's a long one though, so hopefully you have some spare time to take to take a look 🙂

Thanks for the tip. I'll start that one when I'm finished with the Eclipse review. I'm also following along with your current Dream review. They're both wonderful. You have a great knack for writing, and your photos are terrific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

 

Jan, thanks for reading and offering such kind comments!

We were just watching a very old Rick Steves show yesterday on Slovenia and were reminded of the beauty of Lake Bled and llubujana. Azamara has excursions to each (not both) lasting 7.5 hours. I'd prefer a tour that gives us a shorter taste of each. Do you recall the local tour company you used?

Thanks in advance.

Norris

Bimmer we used a company called Roundabout (Tours or Travel?). From memory we were first off the ship and were met in the carpark. Vendors were setting up stalls as well. We drove straight to Lake Bled to the castle for the views and “famous” Bled cake. Quick look at castle museum. Tried to ride a Plet boat out to church in lake but they weren’t working as too windy. Then went to Vetner gorge. Guide and driver took us to main entrance start of trail and we walked the gorge - a couple of km’s, meanwhile they drove to other end and met us at the exit. So a 1 way walk. We then drove to Llubjana for lunch , guide chose then we walked along the river and pedestrian streets, before going to a bar to try some blueberry scnapps. Drove back to Koper with a 5 min drive through town. 

I can’t remember what we paid and if we had to pay entrances , lunch extra etc but do remember it compared favourably to other private taxi tours we had arranged in Greece.

Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vada_9 said:

Bimmer we used a company called Roundabout (Tours or Travel?). From memory we were first off the ship and were met in the carpark. Vendors were setting up stalls as well. We drove straight to Lake Bled to the castle for the views and “famous” Bled cake. Quick look at castle museum. Tried to ride a Plet boat out to church in lake but they weren’t working as too windy. Then went to Vetner gorge. Guide and driver took us to main entrance start of trail and we walked the gorge - a couple of km’s, meanwhile they drove to other end and met us at the exit. So a 1 way walk. We then drove to Llubjana for lunch , guide chose then we walked along the river and pedestrian streets, before going to a bar to try some blueberry scnapps. Drove back to Koper with a 5 min drive through town. 

I can’t remember what we paid and if we had to pay entrances , lunch extra etc but do remember it compared favourably to other private taxi tours we had arranged in Greece.

Jan


Jan, thanks for such useful and helpful information!

It's travelroundabout.com and it has what we need (and then some).

It looks to me that from this site we need a week to enjoy Slovenia and not a day.

I also was head over heels in love with toursbymilo regarding Kotor. Such eye candy countries there on the Dalmatian coast and we already love Croatia just from a one day cruise stop in Dubrovnik. That was before the days of me insisting (gently) that we eat local, however after an excursion to Maleston to eat oysters picked from the sea as we watched, we were treated to a sit-down lunch with some great local seafood, including grilled sardines the size of herring, which I had never seen outside of a can before. 

We definitely want to see Bled and have a slap-up feed outdoors in Ljubljana with some local wine and then back to the ship for the Azamazing evening in the main square in Koper, where pax from all three Azamara ships will attend.

 

You have put me on a good path and that's for a cruise that is 19 months away!

Planning 3 cruises has my head swimming with possibilities but I have to get back to Norwegian excursions for this September and then the Western Caribbean for January.

 

Thanks again!

Norris 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Norris for the extensive and delightful review. I found it accidentally perusing the improved Tapatalk app tonight. I read all of it. Three hours I believe and time for bed. We leave on Monday on the Journey-and now even more excited for the trip. I didn’t even know there was a hoho bus in Havana for our second day. We are doing a whole day tour first day with Havana Journeys which also has great reviews.
I should have been packing but was so entertained by your review, that it will be done tomorrow.
We have done 29 Celebrity cruises and one on the Azamara Quest and happy with both.
Thanks and when I have more time after the cruise, will check out your other reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 10:12 PM, Harborgirl246 said:

Thank you Norris for the extensive and delightful review. I found it accidentally perusing the improved Tapatalk app tonight. I read all of it. Three hours I believe and time for bed. We leave on Monday on the Journey-and now even more excited for the trip. I didn’t even know there was a hoho bus in Havana for our second day. We are doing a whole day tour first day with Havana Journeys which also has great reviews.
I should have been packing but was so entertained by your review, that it will be done tomorrow.
We have done 29 Celebrity cruises and one on the Azamara Quest and happy with both.
Thanks and when I have more time after the cruise, will check out your other reviews.

 

Wow, you leave today on the Journey?

Bon Voyage!

I'm glad you stumbled upon this.

Enjoy the HoHo bus tour!

Norris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...