Freedom/Pan-American pier liquor question.

skidawg79

No it’s not what you think, I am not trying to sneak liquor on board ha ha   I am going on the freedom in May and spending three days in San Juan prior to leaving on the cruise.  We are going to be doing the Bacardi Distillery at some point while we are there and I was thinking of getting a nice bottle of Bacardi ( maybe one of the bottle your own limited edition bottles). When we board the ship that Sunday, what will they do with that bottle of liquor? I know we can’t bring liquor on board. Would they hold it for me And give it back at the end of the cruise?  Just like they would if we picked up a bottle of liquor at one of the ports during the cruise?    Also, we won’t have time to go after the cruise as we will have to go right to the airport.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes, they will take it and hold it for you. Just as a precaution, I’d snap a photo of the bottle when you hand it over (especially if it’s a “special” bottle) as I’ve heard where some have gone missing. 

4 minutes ago, gerif said:

Yes, they will take it and hold it for you. Just as a precaution, I’d snap a photo of the bottle when you hand it over (especially if it’s a “special” bottle) as I’ve heard where some have gone missing. 

Good idea.  Thank you!  I would assume keep it with my carry on then.