Bikes on Princess

1 hour ago, nocl said:

I believe that on Cunard when it comes to non-service pets they must remain in the kennel on board and while a passenger may visit their pet, it is during certain hours and the pet may not leave the kennel area.

You are correct. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, john watson said:

With 10 bikes you would need a full suite or if you travel more basic, adjoining cabins with an intercommunicating door.  Seriously though Princess currently offer a cycling tour at Guernsey over on Sark.  The great thing about this island is that motor vehicles are not allowed not even ambulances so it's pretty safe.  There is an exception for agricultural tractors.

Regards John

I don't take 10 bikes on a cruise with me.

When I go on a cruise, I've been taking 1 bicycle with me and it's a Citizen Miami folding bicycle. I'm usually booked in a basic balcony or oceanview cabin. I take a few spare tires, patch kit, air pump, helmet and a gopro. Anything else I may need I can also pick up along the way as there is usually a bicycle shop/walmart/target/home depot/etc. available along the way. The bike stay in my cabin when not in use and only is used in port and not on board.

At this time (Dec 2020), Princess still bans all bicycles as stated in the Princess FAQ:
https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

NCL, Carnival, Cunard do not have a Ban on bicycles. HAL does have a ban on bicycles.

Happy Holidays & Safe travels.

- WYB

7 hours ago, WYB! said:

At this time (Dec 2020), Princess still bans all bicycles as stated in the Princess FAQ:
https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

Delete previous comment.

I just saw bicycles mentioned.

It's sort of stupid to deny people from enjoying themselves off the ship especially when it doesn't interfere with anyone on the ship. 

Maybe the thinking was that someone would want to use it on the jogging/walking track?

Edited by MissP22

Although according to the current Princess's Prohibited items list, it is permitted to bring on Segways, knives with a 2" blade or Diver’s Knives and Princess does make exceptions for firearms too.

Edited by WYB!

I believe the crew still has the option of using bikes that Princess has allocated for them. They leave a deposit & for the day & get it back later on.

It seems to me that it could be allowed for passenger also.