Dairy-free desserts on Royal Caribbean

jaygee77

Does anyone know what kind of Dairy-free desserts Royal has to offer, at either the Windjammer or MDR? It's for a one year old, though I don't know that his age really rules anything out. Trying to figure out if we need to load up on Oreos ahead of time for him... 

Thanks in advance! 

Jello.

There may be a couple of others but they are few and far between.  Talk to your waiter and you will get something a bit better than the jello.  Lots of times they will bring berries.  A couple weeks ago they brought a gluten free (also dairy free) almond cake.

My wife has a dairy allergy so is used to the slim selection of desserts.

• Like 1

Not sure how you feel about it, but they had a rotating selection of dairy-free sorbets every night on Anthem. I have to watch the dairy too so I asked.

You should mention it to the head chef/maitre 'd when you board (if you don't want to contact the special needs department ahead of time). They may be able to arrange a few extra things for you, or point you in the direction of the items that would best suit your child's preferences.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Not sure how you feel about it, but they had a rotating selection of dairy-free sorbets every night on Anthem. I have to watch the dairy too so I asked.

You should mention it to the head chef/maitre 'd when you board (if you don't want to contact the special needs department ahead of time). They may be able to arrange a few extra things for you, or point you in the direction of the items that would best suit your child's preferences.

Excellent ideas. I wouldn't have thought to do either of those. 

My son cannot have dairy, and although I had contacted special needs before our Mediterranean cruise, the only thing MDR had was the same sorbet every evening, and fruits/berries. Not very exciting for a teen 7 nights in a row. On out next cruise I will also talk to the maitre’d  when we board, hoping they will find more variety.