Random thoughts on my first VO cruise

imcpa

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don't recall having to ask for a top sheet on river.

I am in Raleigh, NC.

On our November river cruise, we had only the duvet - no top sheet.  Never saw our steward (actually, stewardS, as we were on 3 different boats due to swapping).

On 1/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, sammiedawg said:

Ding, ding, ding on point number 14, why does Viking keep the pool roof closed so much.  Our experience is that it is closed 75-85 per cent of the time and ventilation is very poor.  It has a sauna feel.  Very disappointing as we love fresh air experiences. 

Also, their poolside lounge chairs are uncomfortable.  Mostly frame chairs.  

Thanks for the nice organized review. 

Yes - what a great summary with just the right amount of details!  Almost glad to hear so many had my same opinion about the showers!

Interesting comment though on the pool roof being closed.   I guess we were just quite lucky then.  We also like the fresh air and certainly had it on our Viking Homelands cruise last year from Stockholm to Bergen.  I believe it was closed only one time in the 15 day cruise!   We did have quite good weather, however.   It was so nice to have lunch at the pool grill and be out in the fresh air!!  I can't imagine what it must be like closed a lot - quite the sauna for sure!

I guess we were just quite lucky then.

You were lucky.  I would have preferred much more open air areas, even by the pool bar and pool grill.  We didn't have the best weather every day, but we did not have weather so bad that warranted closing the roof 50% or 100% as much as they did, IMO.  Given that, it was still great to visit the pool bar and grill, just not lay near the pool.