New Marella Explorer 2 de Luxe Balcony Cabins

henry-root

Hi all. As you may know, Explorer 2 is currently being refitted having been taken over by Marella. We have booked a de luxe balcony cabin, all of which are aft, on the 10th deck.

When we booked this at a TUI shop, they were very helpful but had no feedback as it's so new and little information on deck layout. In the brochure it doesn't even show cabins on 10. What it does show is a jogging track that passes our cabin door. We later find out that it neither does it show the bar/eating area The Terrace which is open on 3 sides and immediately above our cabin. I queried this with the shop later and all they could discover was that "our view was not compromised." Not very useful.

You can see better what I mean on the attached photo. The canopy covered area at the back is The Terrace which extends from a bar and is provided for "ad lib dining" whatever that means. I think the cabin balconies have a roof but it doesn't look too substantial.

I rang Marella today but their information is extremely limited and they could not confirm or otherwise whether this information is correct or not so woe betide any new customers faced with the same questions but did say that our shop would be able to change the cabin if necessary. I already knew that. They couldn't even say if The Terrace was a smoking area. One could imagine butts being flicked out to sea and landing on the Missus...Maybe as its all inclusive we won't notice much anyway but it would be great to find out before it's too late ha.

So my question - addressed to those who have sailed on this ship only please - if they had a similar cabin was this a problem? (Although on the 10th deck cabins are numbered 11xx for some reason.)

Any help much appreciated as I am going back to see the shop tomorrow 😉

ex2.jpg

This ship started life as Celebrity Century and lately was sailing in Asia, so it will be difficult to find out what modifications were made to her.  Folks on the Celebrity board here might be able to tell you how she was originally,  and I doubt any agent knows much.  EM

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

This ship started life as Celebrity Century and lately was sailing in Asia, so it will be difficult to find out what modifications were made to her.  Folks on the Celebrity board here might be able to tell you how she was originally,  and I doubt any agent knows much.  EM

Unfortunately you're probably right but thanks for your note.