Cruise Critic Community
miss tea

Need hotel help in Houston please

We are catching a cruise out of Galveston in June and I was looking for a hotel. Would like to stay in Houston Webster area but I don't know the area. Need a room with a restaurant and two queen beds that's all I need. Does anybody have any ideas not too expensive around $100 a night or less. 

Edited by miss tea

There are lots of new hotels between Webster and Galveston on I45 and 146 . Do search . Even new ones on Highway coming into Galveston on I 45 .  100 ? I live in Galveston and donot need these hotels . 

Edited by ssb

There is a Hampton Inn near the Texas City exit that would be a good option and offer a free breakfast.

We stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites near the Hobby airport last month. They have a free "kickback" time in the evenings with food (tacos makings, hot dogs, chili, salad etc.) plus three adult beverages and a great free hot breakfast in the morning. The lobby has fresh popped popcorn and sodas all day long. Great place to stay before a cruise!

On 1/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, miss tea said:

We are catching a cruise out of Galveston in June and I was looking for a hotel. Would like to stay in Houston Webster area but I don't know the area. Need a room with a restaurant and two queen beds that's all I need. Does anybody have any ideas not too expensive around $100 a night or less. 

I agree with the others that hotels in the Texas City area would be a good choice.  Very affordable too.

We have stayed twice at the Hilton  ClearLake/NASA not a long drive to the port, if memory serves me right its an hour drive. Good resurant, nice rooms, etc.....

Got a great deal on the comfort suites Webster on Hotwire before my cruise last week. It came to $70 after tax. Free breakfast. No restaurant but tons of restaurants and shopping in the area.