Cruise Critic Community
Sunseeker20

Royal Caribbean credit card

Mine is used for cruise related things only. Pay off immediately. Never had interest. Not the best not the worst. Works for us for now.

Edited by dwayneb236

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No annual fee for the Royal Caribbean Visa card.

No foreign usage fees either.

I am a Canadian and I have several B.O.A. RCCL credit cards. However, I live and work in the US. It has nothing to do with your

citizenship. It is all about 1) having a social security #, 2) having a US mailing address, and 3) having a US credit history.

The earlier post is correct about there being better rewards cards out there. However, if you want to cruise with either RCCL of Celebrity it may be of value as every dollar that you spend with "the company" gets you 2 points.

Either way, keep cruising.

KJM

26 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I am a Canadian and I have several B.O.A. RCCL credit cards. However, I live and work in the US. It has nothing to do with your

citizenship. It is all about 1) having a social security #, 2) having a US mailing address, and 3) having a US credit history.

The earlier post is correct about there being better rewards cards out there. However, if you want to cruise with either RCCL of Celebrity it may be of value as every dollar that you spend with "the company" gets you 2 points.

Either way, keep cruising.

KJM

So still Canadians cannot apply unless they have a ss #

Edited by cruisinfanatic

On 1/29/2019 at 10:02 AM, mattb31 said:

I looked at this card briefly but ended up going with the Sapphire Reserve/Freedom Unlimited/Freedom combo. The Royal Caribbean card really only provides value when you are on the ship and it's 2x. The Sapphire gives 3x points for anything travel related and at a minimum you can redeem for 1c pp. Meaning if you spend $5000 on a cruise, you get 15,000 points which would equate to $150 (could be applied via statement to your onboard expenses AND you would earn points). If you spend $5000 on the RCL card (on a RCL purchase) you're only getting 10000 points which is $50 less in OBC. The Freedom Unlimited gets you 1.5x points on everything else (as opposed to RCL's 1x points on everything else), and the Freedom gets you 5x on rotating categories up to $1500 a quarter (these are fairly easy to max, which is an easy 7500 points per quarter).

Keep in mind most people use the points toward travel rather than statement credits. So if you have to fly to port or stay in a hotel, it's pretty easy to get your points to cover all of this. And when you redeem your points for travel they're worth 1.5c pp, which is more than what you get if you redeem for cashback. It's complicated, but definitely well worth it.

The CSR also has that  $300 travel credit. Would definitely apply towards a Cruise.