Cruise Critic Community
HillBilly Bob

New Sunrise Departure

We received a similar PDF by email for our May sailing on Elation from Port Canaveral. 

EDIT: Similarly it has a range of dates at top of letter - 05/18/19 to 04/26/21, with an asterisk noting that 3/21/2020 is excluded.

Maybe Carnival is trying to get out of port a bit earlier to help with timing and/or lower port costs?  Anyone else getting these?

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
add in range of dates info

i almost got scared and thought something was wrong with my cruise in june on the sunrise..

i think the reason they are doing this is due to the amount of ships in port. Since a harbor pilot is needed, the harbor master wants each ship to stagger as they leave port

Edited by shof515

We got the same emails for our Glory and Valor cruises out of NOLA in April 2020.

I got it on 11/21/18 for both of my B2B cruises on the Glory out of New Orleans in January 2021.  It said the change was in effect from 3/7/19 - 4/25/21.  3/9/19, 2/9/20, and 11/29/20 are exceptions.  The Glory doesn't have a cruise starting on 3/9/19.  The first Glory cruise out of New Orleans is 3/7/19.  2/9/20 and 11/29/20 are Journey cruises.

I also got it on 1/25/19 for the Valor out of New Orleans in December 2019.  It said the change was effective 5/16/19 - 4/29/21.  2/1/20 was an exception.  2/1/20 doesn't appear in any search results.

I also received this letter for a 2/22/20 cruise to cuba.