Cruise Critic Community
gkamer

Need fridge for meds

I need a fridge to keep some of my medications cold. Can I request the fridge in my suite to NOT be stocked with beverages?

OK thanks. I noticed in all the You Tube videos I watch that they seems to already had drinks in them. Maybe those were drinks the passenger brought on. 

I had to bring refrigerated medication on our last cruise and the refrigerator in the room barely cooled a drink. I went to guest services and they had small plug in coolers specifically for medical use. I just had to pay a deposit that was refunded when we gave it back. The only problem is that there was only one outlet in the room. Luckily I had brought a brand new power strip (non surge protector type). 

depending which ship some have real refrigerators and some of the older ships have wine coolers. Our last 3 cruises Magic, Dream and Conquest were all fridges with compressors. The beer was brain freeze cold. 

I’m glad you asked this. I completely forgot that I’m going to need to bring a shot that needs to be refrigerated too. Will they have enough of these coolers? Will the medical suite hold it if not? (Sorry to hijack your thread)

If you can't get a medical fridge (hopefully you will all be able to) propping your cabinet door that holds the refrigerator helps with air circulation and drinks stay colder.  I assume the same would work for medications.  Another option if it won't be too cold is to have a small ice chest and get ice from your steward to keep the meds cold.