340 nights...150% single rate...D+ Balcony Discount

mnh

I cruise in a cabin by myself the majority of the time with a group of friends and after my cruise in April I will officially have 342 nights!

I know that one of my “perks” will be paying 150% instead of 200% for my cabin, but my question is will I still be eligible for my $225 balcony discount? 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, mnh said:

I cruise in a cabin by myself the majority of the time with a group of friends and after my cruise in April I will officially have 342 nights!

I know that one of my “perks” will be paying 150% instead of 200% for my cabin, but my question is will I still be eligible for my $225 balcony discount? 

Thanks!

Yes, you still get the balcony discount.

Yes, and yes your balcony discount will be prorated as well as OBC.  You can not get the single supplement rate during high season.  I could never quite get a clear answer what that entails but they will let you know during time of booking whether or not it will apply.   

8 hours ago, mnh said:

Thanks!

You receive your D+ balcony discount but only 75% of it.

Your 150% solo rate is null and void in the months of July & August and for any cruise which includes Christmas or New Year's Eve.

If you want to check what your 150% rate is -  when you get to the page for the number of guest, click see if you qualify for exclusive rates, enter you C & A number and then enter DP340 in the promo code, click on apply.  The price will include your 150% discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your 150% solo rate is null and void in the months of July & August and for any cruise which includes Christmas or New Year's Eve.

Hello,

No solo rate either on any ship in its first year of sailing.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
grammar

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

If you want to check what your 150% rate is -  when you get to the page for the number of guest, click see if you qualify for exclusive rates, enter you C & A number and then enter DP340 in the promo code, click on apply.  The price will include your 150% discount.

Great info. Thanks

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Apparently, that doesn't always apply.  Recently, I booked a European Cruise for June.  the reservationist on line tried to tell me it wouldn't apply due to high season.  I responded that my Friend, who is a Pinnacle just booked the same cruise a few minutes ago and got the single supplement.  It had to be escalated to resolutions who looked up my friends booking and then thankfully after two hours total on the phone it was granted.     

8 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

No solo rate either on any ship in its first year of sailing.

Regards,

Cublet

No, that’s for the Pinnacle free cruise certificates. 

5 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Apparently, that doesn't always apply.  Recently, I booked a European Cruise for June.  the reservationist on line tried to tell me it wouldn't apply due to high season.  I responded that my Friend, who is a Pinnacle just booked the same cruise a few minutes ago and got the single supplement.  It had to be escalated to resolutions who looked up my friends booking and then thankfully after two hours total on the phone it was granted.     

As I wrote, you can’t use it in July and August. June is fine. 

11 hours ago, gaylemh said:

enter you C & A number and then enter DP340 in the promo code, click on apply.  The price will include your 150% discount.

Excellent info... never seen this tip before here on CC. Thank you Gayle

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thx for clarifying Carol. I reach 340 in May so this thread peaked my interest.

May I ask if the July/August stipulation is strictly Caribbean sailings or world wide (ie. European cruises as well)? I presume it's the latter. 

Edited by Hoopster95

14 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Excellent info... never seen this tip before here on CC. Thank you Gayle

Thx for clarifying Carol. I reach 340 in May so this thread peaked my interest.

May I ask if the July/August stipulation is strictly Caribbean sailings or world wide (ie. European cruises as well)? I presume it's the latter. 

The latter:  everywhere. 

And everyone:  don’t feel bad about not knowing Gayle’s insider tip. It’s new. 😊

and a GREAT tip!

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

The latter:  everywhere. 

Damn.... thought so. I can see doing Europe/Baltics in the near future as a solo so I'll have to plan for May, June or Sept.

I read through an older thread I searched out that perhaps if a sailing begins in June, however ends in July, that is also allowed.... so for example my British Isles solo sailing last summer was June 21 to July 2. Do you know if I would've been able to use the 150% supplement on that sailing? And of course how about the tail end of August, embarkation date Aug 29 to Sept 10 for example, would that be allowed?

Thx Carol :classic_biggrin:

27 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Damn.... thought so. I can see doing Europe/Baltics in the near future as a solo so I'll have to plan for May, June or Sept.

I read through an older thread I searched out that perhaps if a sailing begins in June, however ends in July, that is also allowed.... so for example my British Isles solo sailing last summer was June 21 to July 2. Do you know if I would've been able to use the 150% supplement on that sailing? And of course how about the tail end of August, embarkation date Aug 29 to Sept 10 for example, would that be allowed?

Thx Carol :classic_biggrin:

Your reasoning is sound, therefore the first example is allowed and the second is not. 😉

• 1 month later...