Cruise Critic Community
Hlitner

Rare 4 Ship Day in Puerto Vallarta

Today is something we seldom see here in PV.  This morning as I walked by the port, the Ruby Princess was just tying-up around 6:30.  When I came back past the port around 7:15, the Carnival Splendor was waiting just outside the harbor for its pilot.  By the time I returned to my Condo, HAL's Volendam was about 1 mile away from the port and on the far horizon we could  barely see the Norwegian Gem heading our way.  Our port can easily handle 3 cruise ships, but we assume that the Gem (since it is the last to arrive) will anchor outside the harbor and tender.  I did notice that Diamonds International had their lights on early and I suppose they were expecting a big day.  On no ship days I am not sure when they open (or why they bother).

Hank

I think my ship will be in on a four-ship day this April! If you can post to let everyone know what the crowds around the city are like and what to expect, that would be great! 

The only days with 4 ships seems to be April 10. You will be surprised to see how little you will notice having that many passengers in town. Lots of people make a ship or private excursion, some take the bus or cab intow town, some stay on board. The most busiest places are Walmart and the Galleria Mall. Crew and passengers shop in Walmart, have food, drink and free wifi in the Galleria Mall. Both opposite the cruise terminal.

38D351DD-726C-4F0A-B96A-478B112041D7[3539].JPG