Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

21 hours ago, Mike and Jet said:

We are from Tampa too and we are two couples. If Tampa people keep popping up we might just Charter a flight.

Ha Ha Just Kidding.

Another Tampa couple here.  Maybe we can get a group rate on airfare or hotels. 

that's great, welcome, I thought this cruise was full, maybe need to start checking the prices as we booked early saver ..we booked the day the cruise became available, it was 2 am Sydney time so a late night for me waiting for bookings to open 

not a lot of information yet, many of us are hoping to book private tours but it not as easy as other places in the world, thats for sure 

Wouldn't it be nice to get a group rate from Tampa? Looking at flights right now!!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, lazydayz said:

Another Tampa couple here.  Maybe we can get a group rate on airfare or hotels. 

maybe we can meet up for dinner and discuss ports of call and excursions in each and at least get a better rate.

23 hours ago, consmarci said:

Flights booked Tampa-Copenhagen! It is real now...!

how did you do that? I can't book yet. I can leave but I can't return

We aren't returning by plane! We are doing a B2B and continuing on the Transatlantic to New York. Not able to book the flight home from New York, yet. 

We are traveling with 2 other couples and are actually meeting this weekend to firm up our plans. Why don't you email me and we can discuss details. My email is my name here plus aol dot com. This is our 2nd inaugural...first on Carnival Horizon. 

We have been booked for a year! So happy to be on another Inaugural cruise, the Horizon in the Med was great! And to visit Scandinavia too! What an opportunity!

We would love to stay for the Transatlantic, but alas, work will be waiting.

We'll fly Delta through Amsterdam or Paris to Copenhagen a couple of days early.

I have been to Europe many times and I am working on shore excursions now:

Not much in Hamburg, it was bombed to the ground in WWII, make sure to book an excursion to Lubeck, one of the last completely walled cities! Famous for Lübeck Marzipan!

Olso cruise port is right at the city center - no reason to take a tour out of town at all unless you need a bus ride to see it!

Brussels is cool, but Bruges is the charming town you want to see!

La Havre is not near Paris at all, but very near the D-Day landing beaches, or Mont Saint Michel Abbey (island) one of the coolest places in Europe! We plan to book a private tour for 4 so that we can get directly to the beaches up close.

Also working on the Southampton Transfer to London. Will definitely stay till the weekend. We'll book a transfer to tour Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor on the transfer to London. I will post the company when we pick one. The first one didn't even have Sept. 9th on the list, but I emailed and told them about the Mardi Gras and they have added the tour for us.

12 hours ago, Mike and Jet said:

maybe we can meet up for dinner and discuss ports of call and excursions in each and at least get a better rate.

Sounds good. We are currently on the Carnival Miracle, docked overnight in Cartagena. 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:04 AM, Love-to-ride said:

This is not cruise related.  Your horse is beautiful.  Bet you can't wait for the winter to be over to ride.  I miss my horses.  Love to see pictures of others.  

Awe thanks!  That Vinnie (Invincible).  I evented him thru preliminary and then my fiend Becky Holder (2008 Beijing Olympic team) took him intermediate.  Here's a photo of my current horse - Jordy Nelson 🙂  He's 5 and learning the way of life after being a too slow racehorse.

jordy jump 2.jpg

There are excursions open up for the inaugural and if you have Carnival Hub App more are listed.

2 hours ago, telebax51 said:

There are excursions open up for the inaugural and if you have Carnival Hub App more are listed.

In Australia, we can only open up the carnival hub app once on board, is it different in the states ?  

33 minutes ago, abbey1609 said:

In Australia, we can only open up the carnival hub app once on board, is it different in the states ?  

If you cannot open the Hub app and we can then that would be something to talk to Carnival about I just found out today that more excursions are listed on the Hub app and not on Carnival site.( strange ). Wish I could help

Booked my flight last week will be flying into Paris for 3 days then fly over to Copenhagen for 3 days before the cruise.

anyone else booked flights.

We have also booked our flights into Paris, but we are going to Venice for a couple days, then Copenhagen.  Haven't booked any flights in Europe yet.

2 hours ago, jmdenver said:

We have also booked our flights into Paris, but we are going to Venice for a couple days, then Copenhagen.  Haven't booked any flights in Europe yet.

Everything is coming along picked our flight from Paris to Copenhagen now looking at hotels in Paris have our itinerary for Paris and looking to book our hotel in Copenhagen.

Has anybody ever used Tours by Locals?? Im looking at some great tours, and can have others sign up with us, but never heard of this excursion site,, so was hoping for some feed back from those who have used them

16 minutes ago, Lv2bmovin said:

Has anybody ever used Tours by Locals?? Im looking at some great tours, and can have others sign up with us, but never heard of this excursion site,, so was hoping for some feed back from those who have used them

Have not used them but am looking at them since I will be flying into Paris first for a walking tour when I arrive.

We have used them multiple times in different countries. Have had no problems but do your research and select guides who have good reviews, educated, licensed, etc....Some even have videos which allow you listen to the guides in different languages.

20 hours ago, telebax51 said:

Have not used them but am looking at them since I will be flying into Paris first for a walking tour when I arrive.

We did a couple of walking tours last November with a company called Paris city vision. Small group and the guide was funny and knowledgeable. If you have time one evening check out the Dark Side of Paris tour they do, if you don't mind that they talk about some of the more gruesome aspects of the city's history. We enjoyed hearing the stories related to some of the famous buildings and neighborhoods.    https://www.pariscityvision.com/en/activities

5 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

We did a couple of walking tours last November with a company called Paris city vision. Small group and the guide was funny and knowledgeable. If you have time one evening check out the Dark Side of Paris tour they do, if you don't mind that they talk about some of the more gruesome aspects of the city's history. We enjoyed hearing the stories related to some of the famous buildings and neighborhoods.    https://www.pariscityvision.com/en/activities

Thanks for the info. Eddie i thought my itinerary for Paris was complete now i have to start over Pariscityvisions have great tours with better prices. Again thanks

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2019 at 3:37 PM, Georgia Tech Girl said:

We have been booked for a year! So happy to be on another Inaugural cruise, the Horizon in the Med was great! And to visit Scandinavia too! What an opportunity!

We would love to stay for the Transatlantic, but alas, work will be waiting.

We'll fly Delta through Amsterdam or Paris to Copenhagen a couple of days early.

I have been to Europe many times and I am working on shore excursions now:

Not much in Hamburg, it was bombed to the ground in WWII, make sure to book an excursion to Lubeck, one of the last completely walled cities! Famous for Lübeck Marzipan!

Olso cruise port is right at the city center - no reason to take a tour out of town at all unless you need a bus ride to see it!

Brussels is cool, but Bruges is the charming town you want to see!

La Havre is not near Paris at all, but very near the D-Day landing beaches, or Mont Saint Michel Abbey (island) one of the coolest places in Europe! We plan to book a private tour for 4 so that we can get directly to the beaches up close.

Also working on the Southampton Transfer to London. Will definitely stay till the weekend. We'll book a transfer to tour Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor on the transfer to London. I will post the company when we pick one. The first one didn't even have Sept. 9th on the list, but I emailed and told them about the Mardi Gras and they have added the tour for us.

GT Girl, Thanks for all the info.  We are booked and in Roswell, GA...  waiting for the return flights to open up so we can finally book our flight...

Are you guys flying out of ATL?   

Edited by MajicMitch