Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

Booked a flight on Delta through my Carnival Cruise Planner.  Only flying one way. The price was great and I am thrilled. Can’t wait to sail.

3 hours ago, silversneakers said:

What airline consolidator do you use?

Looks like American Airlines to London and then maybe KLM to Amsterdam and Copenhagen. I’ve never flown KLM though- any feedback?

4 hours ago, FLCruiser8 said:

Looks like American Airlines to London and then maybe KLM to Amsterdam and Copenhagen. I’ve never flown KLM though- any feedback?

Edited by GlendaleCruiser
waiting for more information

16 hours ago, FLCruiser8 said:

KLMis a major European airline, not a discount flyer.  You should be fine.

Booked flights last night DTW to Copenhagen with an hour and 25 minute layover in Amsterdam.  That is on the 28th.  coming home on the 11th London to Munich then Munich to Detroit this is on Luftstana  the layover is 55 minutes in Munich.  Round trip total is 882.00 for each of us.  Used Fly to Fun was more than pleased with prices, and I was able to chose our seats on the Delta website today.

1 hour ago, mandmcruise said:

Booked flights last night DTW to Copenhagen with an hour and 25 minute layover in Amsterdam.  That is on the 28th.  coming home on the 11th London to Munich then Munich to Detroit this is on Luftstana  the layover is 55 minutes in Munich.  Round trip total is 882.00 for each of us.  Used Fly to Fun was more than pleased with prices, and I was able to chose our seats on the Delta website today.

Do you know if it is a basic economy fare or main cabin fare? Does the price include baggage fees? 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, tamirpr said:

Hi, all!  My husband and I are joining you to celebrate my 50th birthday.  We've never been to any of these port except London.  We are looking into if we will be allowed to disembark in Le Havre so we can spend three or four days in Paris.  We are likely going to do some HOHO except for the port with the windmills.  I must see windmills! 🙂

On 7/13/2019 at 5:18 PM, LAVINRAC said:

Over 20 cruises on Carnival and I’ve never heard of someone getting off the ship the day before it docks.  I’m pretty sure Carnival is going to want all sorts of waivers, permits to stay in France rather than U.K., and the logistics of getting your luggage off the ship should be interesting.  I’ve seen medical / family emergency early departures, but never one by choice.  Regardless, contacting Carnival now is the right way to determine what the procedure is, or if it can even be done.  Of course there’s always the option of completing the cruise (one more) day and taking the Chunnel from U.K. to France.  Good luck, hope to see you onboard and hear how it turns out.

Edited by Igot2travel

58 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Do you know if it is a basic economy fare or main cabin fare? Does the price include baggage fees? 

Ticket says main cabin from Detroit to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Copenhagen says European economy.  Delta says it includes 1 checked bag  Lufthansa  I can't book the seats on Lufthansa until 23 hours before departure so I'm guessing its economy

9 minutes ago, mandmcruise said:

Ticket says main cabin from Detroit to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Copenhagen says European economy.  Delta says it includes 1 checked bag  Lufthansa  I can't book the seats on Lufthansa until 23 hours before departure so I'm guessing its economy

Thank you. I didn't know if Carnival uses basic economy fares which doesn't allow bags or seat selection.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, Hoofhearted+1 said:

Awe thanks!  That Vinnie (Invincible).  I evented him thru preliminary and then my fiend Becky Holder (2008 Beijing Olympic team) took him intermediate.  Here's a photo of my current horse - Jordy Nelson 🙂  He's 5 and learning the way of life after being a too slow racehorse.

jordy jump 2.jpg

He is a beauty as well.  I had a too slow racehorse for a while as well.  Unfortunately for me she was beautiful but typical crazy thoroughbred.  She hurt me one too many times.  She ended up as a team penning horse for a man who loved her.

Jfk departures on Delta were 515 basic economy, 660 main cabin and 815 Comfort which we took

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Jfk departures on Delta were 515 basic economy, 660 main cabin and 815 Comfort which we took

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Great price!

23 hours ago, silversneakers said:

I would think it would be more of a customs issue.

We were able to get off in Le Havre a few years ago instead of waiting to disembark in Dover.  We let Carnival know in advance and again once we embarked.  We had no problems.

1 hour ago, silversneakers said:

Great price!

Just booked with Carnival and saved approximately $500 from published fares.  Very happy!!

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Someone asked if you can book Delta Comfort thru fly2fun.  The answer is no.  Not only that, but until the flight is ticketed by Delta you cannot upgrade they Delta.   Hope this helps. 

For those of you who booked airfare through Carnival, how can you choose a seat on the plane?

6 hours ago, drpepr said:

For those of you who booked airfare through Carnival, how can you choose a seat on the plane?

My flights are on Delta. They gave me the booking number and I pulled up my flights on the Delta website and chose my seats. Some airlines don't allow you to select your seats until 23 hours prior to flight time. I also made sure my seats were in Main Economy and not Basic Economy (although I'm not sure if Carnival offers the Basic Economy because of restrictions) as I will probably upgrade with points at a later time.

7 hours ago, drpepr said:

It is a little weird. For us, they would give us actual seats in either basic economy or main cabin nothing higher.  We did not use it for this trip, but have for a TA on Radiance.  These seats were in a block towards the back of the plane, and yes it is an actual seat, that we selected from some they offered.  I cannot move the to open seats in the same class (main cabin for us).  When I asked, I was told nothing could be done till the seats were ticketed.  I asked if I completed the purchase for the seats could I move them and was told no.  Delta would open them up 30 days before flight.  Who knows what will be left then. For the TA I was fine.  For this cruise, We booked thru Delta as I wanted to pick the Delta Comfort seats we wanted (which I could not even get on fly2fun).  

15 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Did anyone book a Presidential Suite?? I would love to see it.

Ditto, we are in an excel aft suite on a future cruise.  I wonder if some Carnival exec will be in that as it is the first sailing.  

Since we are doing Back2Back, we had to wait until today to get bookings for the return leg on Sept 23rd.

We are now booked Delta going from Phoenix through JFK pre-cruise and returning NYC to Phoenix after the cruise going through Charlotte on AA.               $605

On 10/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, silversneakers said:

Thank you. I didn't know if Carnival uses basic economy fares which doesn't allow bags or seat selection.

We booked Carnival Air on Delta going and have seat assignments.  Since we are doing B2B we have AA out of NYC after the TA and we have those seat assignments, also.  i have credit cards for both AA and Delta so I get the first bag free.  You all might want to look into those.