Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

YEA!!!  Just booked this and the Transatlantic.  Isn't this the Inaugural Cruise?  I think you should re-title the post.  I was in Copenhagen last year so I don't think we're going too early--maybe a day just to rest up...unless someone knows somewhere to go that we may have missed.  Looking forward to meeting all of you.  Susan

Here’s an idea. We’re thinking of flying to Croatia for a few days beforehand. We can go nonstop from Philadelphia.  Then fly to Copenhagen for the cruise. Just an idea. 

51 minutes ago, comptix said:

Here’s an idea. We’re thinking of flying to Croatia for a few days beforehand. We can go nonstop from Philadelphia.  Then fly to Copenhagen for the cruise. Just an idea. 

Love Dubrovnik!

3 hours ago, comptix said:

YEA!!!  Just booked this and the Transatlantic.  Isn't this the Inaugural Cruise?  I think you should re-title the post.  I was in Copenhagen last year so I don't think we're going too early--maybe a day just to rest up...unless someone knows somewhere to go that we may have missed.  Looking forward to meeting all of you.  Susan

Yes this is the inaugural sailing, but some people consider the first cruise from the new home port of Port Canaveral to be the "inaugural" and so a thread of that title was already created for that sailing which caused a little confusion. By just using the date and itinerary I hoped to alleviate any confusion that might happen by having similar thread titles to the other sailing's roll call.

My sister, Candy, and I will be joining you on this one, too! A few days in the UK, then a quick flight over to Copenhagen, then home from London in 9 (too short) days. #huzzah \o/

Hi Deejay.  I see you're in Florida.  I'm trying to figure out how to fly to Copenhagen without going through England.  I was thinking Croatia maybe.  Would like to take American.  Any ideas?  Where do you fly out of?

Just put a hold on a Havana inside, but man, they are sort of expensive! :classic_ohmy: However, we were spoiled by the Havana area on the Horizon and the Vista, and with such a huge ship, the Havana area is a nice place to retreat to and get away from the crowds. 

Super excited about this itinerary though, all new places for us :classic_smile:

we just booked,, and this will be our second inaugural,,, first was on the Vista, which we loved . We have been waiting for Carnival to do the northern Europe area and jumped for joy when we saw this.. We are booking the transatlantic back to New York too.  That will be our first B2B  we are more than excited

34 minutes ago, Lv2bmovin said:

we just booked,, and this will be our second inaugural,,, first was on the Vista, which we loved . We have been waiting for Carnival to do the northern Europe area and jumped for joy when we saw this.. We are booking the transatlantic back to New York too.  That will be our first B2B  we are more than excited

This is the wrong roll call for you.  The people that are on the FIRST trip out of Port Canaveral are calling it the Inaugural voyage, but it's not.  Go back and repost on the page that has the date for the Inaugural, which is August 31. We are on the Inaugural in Europe and the TA too.  Such confusion,

Edited by comptix
Sorry, my mistake. I shouldn't have posted this. Please remove the post completely.

5 minutes ago, comptix said:

This is the wrong roll call for you.  The people that are on the FIRST trip out of Port Canaveral are calling it the Inaugural voyage, but it's not.  Go back and repost on the page that has the date for the Inaugural, which is August 31. We are on the Inaugural in Europe and the TA too.  Such confusion,

I agree, having done Horizon and Vista Inaugural its confusing as to why that person would call theirs inaugural.  I also did Horizon first USA sailing and no one called that the Inaugural.  This is the only Inaugural lol!

14 hours ago, comptix said:

Where would you stay?

If it were me I would try and stay as close to Dubrovnik walled old town city as possible.

23 hours ago, comptix said:

Sorry if this is the wrong one,,,, but Are you sure this is the wrong one?   We are on the 8/31/2020 and the the TA 9/9 to New York

5 hours ago, Lv2bmovin said:

Sorry if this is the wrong one,,,, but Are you sure this is the wrong one?   We are on the 8/31/2020 and the the TA 9/9 to New York

You came to the right place, welcome!

We are 6 very excited Aussies....we cruised the inaugural on the Vista and the TA on the horizon and I am so excited to be doing the Baltics and by ending in Southampton, we get to do a road trip of the UK so doubly exciting 

I am very happy for those doing the B2B and I hope there is a separate board for that cruise, when people starting mixing up the cruises and discussing ports which are not on our cruise,  it can get very confusing 

What a lot of ports to investigate, on all my 3 Med cruises, I have organised 19 private tours and for any newbies, private tours are generally better value and you see a lot more than a big tourist bus...heres to an exciting cruise

Doing the happy dance.  LOL 

9 hours ago, Lv2bmovin said:

Oops I answered that other girls quote thinking she posted that on the guys page that is calling his the Inaugural for october port canaveral lol! I didn'realize she was saying that to you!  Im confused now.

My friend and I booked the TA too today!  Sending our hubbies home after the Inaugural since they hate sea days!  We have ocean suites next to each other for Inaugural and grabbed her suite for transatlantic so I will have an easy move.  I see some familiar names on here from Vista Inaugural!  We cruised on last years Horizon Inaugural with a bunch of people we become friends with on Vista Inaugural and CC roll call page.  There will be some of that same bunch on this sailing with us as well.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, comptix said:

Hi Deejay.  I see you're in Florida.  I'm trying to figure out how to fly to Copenhagen without going through England.  I was thinking Croatia maybe.  Would like to take American.  Any ideas?  Where do you fly out of?

Orlando, MCO-LHR, round trip.

Joining everyone on this inaugural voyage.  My wife and I (both late 40's) are booked in a Premium-View Extended Balcony looking out the front of there ship. We may have both sets of parents join us as they have never experienced Europe and figured this would be a good introduction.

Hi all!  My hubby and I are booked on this and the TA . . . our third B2B and second TA.  Two 50-somethings from Washington State.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, abbey1609 said:

We are 6 very excited Aussies....we cruised the inaugural on the Vista and the TA on the horizon and I am so excited to be doing the Baltics and by ending in Southampton, we get to do a road trip of the UK so doubly exciting 

I am very happy for those doing the B2B and I hope there is a separate board for that cruise, when people starting mixing up the cruises and discussing ports which are not on our cruise,  it can get very confusing 

What a lot of ports to investigate, on all my 3 Med cruises, I have organised 19 private tours and for any newbies, private tours are generally better value and you see a lot more than a big tourist bus...heres to an exciting cruise

Doing the happy dance.  LOL 

We like private tours also. We joined private tours offered on the roll calls for both Europe cruises and the Transatlantic we have done. This cruise has all new ports for us except LeHavre and Southampton. If you open your tours to more than your 6, we would welcome the opportunity. 

37 minutes ago, cloverose said:

We like private tours also. We joined private tours offered on the roll calls for both Europe cruises and the Transatlantic we have done. This cruise has all new ports for us except LeHavre and Southampton. If you open your tours to more than your 6, we would welcome the opportunity. 

I have so much researching to do as these are all new ports for us too and I have no idea of what to visit etc... I will definitely keep you in mind if I can find some private tours .... I have 3 cruises before then but I always like to have a project to keep me busy of a night....look forward to meeting you 

So excited just booked this today after finally getting things straightened round with Carnival when they released our complimentary hold 12 hours too early.  Can't wait  it will be my daughter and myself

Hello everyone. My wife and I, along with another couple, have booked this inaugural cruise as well. This is our 2nd Inaugural as we brought out the Carnival Magic in Venice in 2010. Looking forward to sharing information and meeting up.

We are Tampa, FL residents. Can't wait. Viking River cruise this November down the Danube.