Nieuw Statendam sail away, Jan. 30 at 5:00pm

OVgirl

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Good catch.  It doesn't seen to be mentioned in any of the cruise listings.  I believe this is the Oprah "Girlfriends" cruise before the dedication.

Roy

I didn’t have it listed either.

I believe you are right on Oprah’s cruise, Roy.

Thanks OV Girl for the catch. 😄 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DFD1 said:

Was it also the Christening?

Nieuw S's  christening/naming ceremony with Oprah Winfrey as her godmother is scheduled for this Saturday, 02 FEB 2019 at 1400 hrs/2:00 PM EST. HAL will live stream the event on their blog

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-nieuw-statendam/nieuw-statendam-dedication.html

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nieuw S's  christening/naming ceremony with Oprah Winfrey as her godmother is scheduled for this Saturday, 02 FEB 2019 at 1400 hrs/2:00 PM EST. HAL will live stream the event on their blog

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-nieuw-statendam/nieuw-statendam-dedication.html

She’s not PE schedule, what pier will she be at ?

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

She’s not sailing until Feb. 3rd.  According to the Port Everglades webcam, she is scheduled to be at pier 26.  (That can change of course 😉

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

She is on the PE schedule, scheduled to pick up the pilot at 05:30 2 Feb heading to Pier 26 and to depart from pier 26 at 17:00 February 3.

Roy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

She's going to Pier #26, tentative arrival of 0530 one mile off the sea buoy outside the port. The last christening/naming ceremony of a HAL ship in Port Everglades, also at #26, was Zuiderdam on 14 December 2002 with broadcaster and TV anchor Joan Lunden as her godmother

HAL Godmothers ZUDM Joan Lunden in Port Everglades Pier 26.jpg

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

I notice on the PE schedule that Nieuw Statendam is scheduled to shift on Feb 3rd at 0300, from Pier 26 returning to Pier 26.  Why would they do that?

Are you saying she's reported to be shifting from and to the same berth?

Just now, rkacruiser said:

Yes

There are only two reasons I can think of for doing that: changing from port to starboard side alongside for maintenance; allowing a larger cargo ship to be able to exit the Intra-Coastal Waterway; Norwegian Gem had to do that a couple of weeks ago

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

There are only two reasons I can think of for doing that: changing from port to starboard side alongside for maintenance; allowing a larger cargo ship to be able to exit the Intra-Coastal Waterway; Norwegian Gem had to do that a couple of weeks ago

Thanks for the possible reasons.  When I was in Fort Laudedale in December, I saw the largest container ship I have even seen enter the Port and make the turn to go South on the Intercoastal.  I can believe that what ever ship that might be at Piers 25 or 26 would have to move to make room for such a huge vessel.

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the possible reasons.  When I was in Fort Laudedale in December, I saw the largest container ship I have even seen enter the Port and make the turn to go South on the Intercoastal.  I can believe that what ever ship that might be at Piers 25 or 26 would have to move to make room for such a huge vessel.

It will be a major pain in the behind for Nieuw S' crew having to maneuver at 0300 hrs only to return to the same berth