Cruise Critic Community
azmay1

Carnival Mardi Gras Transatlantic September 9-23, 2020

6 hours ago, S148TOY said:

Delta airlines changed our USA domestic non refundable flight to another at no charge. We just got lucky getting a “great” agent on the phone. I asked for her supervisor to praise her. We rebooked to the Legend (Venice to Barcelona) getting what they said, 25% of Mardi Gras fare and $100OBC. I’ve asked (emailed) for help with flights from London to Venice, and back home from Barcelona to San Francisco. No response from Carnival. We don’t usually cruise with Carnival, but we enjoyed the Horizon TA last year. Centered our whole trip to England around Mardi Gras getting us home. Upcoming Legend May be our last Carnival Cruise, poor customer service.

Have you tried the Fly2Fun for flights right from your Legend booking in Carnival website? I didn't have a return flight since I could rive home from NYC, so after I booked the Legend I went into Fly2Fun and booked my return flight from Barcelona to NYC. It didn't allow we me to do do my Paris to Venice (we were headed to Paris for a few days before we were going to London),  but you can book those easily by checking KAYAK.COM, then book direct from there or go straight to the airline you choose. 

Edited by tlreze

8 minutes ago, tlreze said:

when I rebooked they just moved my $$ paid to my new cruise. Have you checked to see if they did that? I didn't get the refund since it was applied to the new booking. 

That's the other thing that irritates me about they way they have handled things. They should have automatically refunded everyone that purchased, then given the 25% if you booked again. It looks like they are handling each person differently.

21 minutes ago, AngelinaVP said:

That's the other thing that irritates me about they way they have handled things. They should have automatically refunded everyone that purchased, then given the 25% if you booked again. It looks like they are handling each person differently.

But I was applying my 25% to a new cruise so why would I not want the $$ applied to that? They may of refunded me if I asked but I called to rebook so it made sense my $$ went to the new booking. 

1 hour ago, tlreze said:

when I rebooked they just moved my $$ paid to my new cruise. Have you checked to see if they did that? I didn't get the refund since it was applied to the new booking. 

I specifically told the Carnival representative to refund my money to me.  I let her know that if I decided to cancel my new cruise, I didn't want to go through the same refund process again.  I originally planned on waiting for the refund before booking a new cruise, but was frustrated with the time it was taking.  It's been more than the 3 weeks promised.

Joyce

2 hours ago, jgeraci7 said:

I specifically told the Carnival representative to refund my money to me.  I let her know that if I decided to cancel my new cruise, I didn't want to go through the same refund process again.  I originally planned on waiting for the refund before booking a new cruise, but was frustrated with the time it was taking.  It's been more than the 3 weeks promised.

Joyce

I decided on doing the same not book another cruise until I get all my refund, I had the Radiance booked before the Mardi Gras but did not cancel so will do that cruise been to most ports on the Horizon. I hope on the new build for 2022 they have more cruises before T/A back to the states if not I may pass don't want to go thru this again.

UPDATE—-

Overnight we had most of our original payments refunded to our Visa, I also used an alternate MasterCard (for pts) and a prepaid USD Visa for the 2nd of the B2B cruise that we are still waiting to be refunded.  

As I previously said, it took 2 phone calls to get the cruise refund process started (seems they were counting on everyone rebooking right away).

Now.....how long will it take for cheques to arrive by mail for hotel and airfare we can’t use?

19 hours ago, AngelinaVP said:

I still haven't heard anything from Carnival. 🙄 All I've gotten so far is the email about the cancellation. It's very frustrating!

We have non-cancellable airfare and hotel also, or at least the cancellation fee is so high as to not make it worth cancelling. I did get my Carnival charges credited back to my credit card a couple of weeks ago or so. I would have missed seeing that if I hadn't searched through my credit card charges to find it.  Since we really like London and usually visit there once or twice each year (my wife's best friend has lived near London for like the last 40 years or so), we just decided to keep our flight to and hotel in London and then just fly back home on the date we would have been boarding the ship. I suspected a lot of people would be having trouble getting refunded on non-refundable airfare and hotel payments.

Still have no refund from Carnival.  I'm just going to keep calling them every few days with a reminder. They are quick with our payments to them, not so much their payments to us!

Joyce

Refund on one credit card finally posted.  Still waiting for other, larger one to another card.  Also waiting for my 25% discount on future Panama Canal cruise to to be deducted from balance.  Baby steps, but at least something.

Joyce

On 1/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, jgeraci7 said:

Refund on one credit card finally posted.  Still waiting for other, larger one to another card.  Also waiting for my 25% discount on future Panama Canal cruise to to be deducted from balance.  Baby steps, but at least something.

Joyce

Finally got my money all refunded.  Called about the FCC and was told that the 2 persons I had talked with before had filed the wrong paperwork.  This representative refiled the correct ones and within 2 hrs. my FCC showed up on my new booking.  So if you are still having trouble getting results, be persistent.  I think they were just tired of hearing from me every few days!

Joyce

It seems like such a long time ago that our TA cruise was canceled. Would never have guessed that cruising would come to a screeching halt in just a couple of months. I am really hoping that we can get back to cruising without much further delay, I’ve had two consecutive cruises canceled though this one was first. I did book the inaugural and wondering how many of us here were also able to get on the first cruise.  Come on November!

I rebooked a Alaskian after Mardi Gras was cancelled. I would have gotten back 4 days ago if not for the virus. I have rebooked again for a 2 week to Hawaii at the end of November. If that one gets cancelled then I give up !

After the Mardi Gras was cancelled i got the FCC because i also booked the Radiance which was also cancelled so i decided to wait until all the ports around the cruise world are open for cruise ships thats when i plan to book my next cruise to Europe.

2 hours ago, tree.critter said:

It seems like such a long time ago that our TA cruise was canceled. Would never have guessed that cruising would come to a screeching halt in just a couple of months. I am really hoping that we can get back to cruising without much further delay, I’ve had two consecutive cruises canceled though this one was first. I did book the inaugural and wondering how many of us here were also able to get on the first cruise.  Come on November!

We were on the inaugural Carnival Horizon Transatlantic cruise. We enjoyed that so much, and it is so rare that Carnival has a brand new ship do an inaugural Transatlantic, that we decided we'd try to do every future one. That didn't work out so well. Carnival decided to deliver the Carnival Panorama to Los Angeles without any passengers. Then the Carnival Mardi Gras construction was delayed, they cancelled the inaugural Transatlantic, and then decided they would deliver it without passengers to the US, as they did with the Panorama. 

I wonder if there is a chance that Carnival might change their mind and decide to do an inaugural Transatlantic on the Mardi Gras with passengers. It is the biggest ship that Carnival will have when it launches and could hold a lot of passengers even if they want to sail without a full ship. It could even sail with few or no port stops from the UK or Europe to US having few ports to worry about if they will be open. It also minimizes the risk of any passengers catching Covid-19 or any sickness on a shore excursion and bringing it back onto the ship. Seems an ideal cruise considering the circumstances of the times.

My wife and I did get a chance to do a 7 Day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Carnival Panorama in January this year. We had another one scheduled for November, but I think that is now out the window. I heard that Carnival has cancelled all Carnival Panorama cruises until December 2020. That maybe makes sense since right now it is still near Manila, Philippines, still trying to get their crew home. There is something like a couple of dozen ships from many cruise lines just off Manila. Evidently they are requiring crew to quarantine for 14 days on shore before allowing them to go home. Thus they can only take so many crew off each ship at a time. It sounds to me like with this method it will take forever for each set of crew to quarantine for 14 days before they can take the next set of crew off the ships.

I agree with everything said also info. from TWB on youtube was told European ports will open soon but only to European citizens cruising and Not Americans have you heard the same?