Cruise Critic Community
azmay1

Carnival Mardi Gras Transatlantic September 9-23, 2020

Just now, Doyle1042 said:

Scroll Up this page - just above the name of the forum you will see a line of topics (in blue font)  Click the MEET & MINGLE .  

It shows up for me on both my desktop and my tablet.  Hope You find it alright.

1 minute ago, Doyle1042 said:

It shows up for me on both my desktop and my tablet.  Hope You find it alright.

I think I found the problem: 

• Our Roll Call Tool is experiencing technical difficulties; new Roll Calls are not being added to the tool.  Locate your Roll Call by browsing the specific ship Roll Call forum; then don't forget to "bookmark", favorite or follow the topic.

I did as that said and I think I'm now registered in the Roll Call for this cruise.

Ahoy, I'll join you on this 'maiden transatlantic'!  Probably will arrive London a few days beforehand--may stay in Southampton the night before departure.  I enjoy trivia and similar games and will look for a team.  Will  put together a group transfer from the NYC dock to either BWI or IAD [depending on my departure airport] the day we return to NYC.   Usually do that a few months in advance. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Australis-76 said:

On that transfer--intended to say from NYC dock to EWR or LGA depending on which one I'll use!

Edited by Australis-76
spelchek

On 4/9/2019 at 11:13 AM, Funzies said:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to roll call.

Carol

Hi everyone. Butch and I booked this cruise back in February but I’m just getting around to roll calls. I do taxes so January to April 16 is crazy busy. We booked the inaugural trip from Copenhagen, this cruise, the New England/Canada and the repositioning cruise. Looking forward to meeting y’all 

Hello everyone.  My wife and I booked this trip, and we are very excited about it.  We have done 2 Pacific crossings, but this will be our first TA. 

On 4/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, grannyjo1952 said:

Hi everyone. Butch and I booked this cruise back in February but I’m just getting around to roll calls. I do taxes so January to April 16 is crazy busy. We booked the inaugural trip from Copenhagen, this cruise, the New England/Canada and the repositioning cruise. Looking forward to meeting y’all 

8 hours ago, Thebosn1 said:

Hello everyone.  My wife and I booked this trip, and we are very excited about it.  We have done 2 Pacific crossings, but this will be our first TA. 

Welcome to Roll Call. 

Carol

WooHoo, we just booked this cruise!

Its the longest cruise we have taken yet, by 4 days, can’t wait for all those glorious sea days on the new Mardi Gras Cruise Ship, so much to explore and experience!

We have sailed from Hawaii, but this definitely will be an ocean crossing.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, jgeraci7 said:

Unfortunately, I have had to cancel this cruise.  There is a family occasion conflicting with these dates.  The good thing is that I will be able to cruise to Cuba a month earlier.  Cuba is on my bucket list.  And it's 9 days out of New York!

Joyce

Sorry you will not be sailing with us! You will love Cuba! We liked it so much on the Paradise last August, we went again the end of March on MSC. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, lasekeye said:

WooHoo, we just booked this cruise!

Its the longest cruise we have taken yet, by 4 days, can’t wait for all those glorious sea days on the new Mardi Gras Cruise Ship, so much to explore and experience!

We have sailed from Hawaii, but this definitely will be an ocean crossing.

Welcome to Roll Call.

Carol

Hi everyone. My husband and I booked this cruise and the inaugural one, the day they were released. We booked a Cove balcony as usual.

If anyone organizes shore excursions please let us know at clairesouligny@gmail.com. Looking forward to another wonderful cruise.

It appears that our sailing is almost full.   I called Carnival to check on a stateroom for family that wants to join us ( Carnival web site no longer shows our cruise), and had to be connected to a different sales department, who said the sailing is almost sold out.

Sure glad we booked when we did.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, lasekeye said:

It appears that our sailing is almost full.   I called Carnival to check on a stateroom for family that wants to join us ( Carnival web site no longer shows our cruise), and had to be connected to a different sales department, who said the sailing is almost sold out.

Sure glad we booked when we did.

Since it is more than a year in advance I would think that quite a few people have to cancel their cruise for family or job reasons. 

I am surprised that cruise lines don't have waiting lists for cruises. Every cruise has quite a few cancellations between the time people book a cruise and the time the ship departs. I guess they just wait for the deadline of the final payment to see how many get automatically cancelled from non-payment and then relist the cruise and start promoting it again, but with full payment required at time of booking. Years ago we used to almost always get an automatic upgrade to a better room or at least an upgrade for very little money. I see that all the cruise lines have learned they can get a lot more for those unbooked rooms by putting the upgrade up for auction instead of just giving the upgrades away for free or for very little. I sometimes bid on the upgrades but the cruise lines always rate what I'm willing to pay as "Very Unlikely" to be enough to win the bidding. None of my bids has ever been accepted.

Does Carnival offer these upgrade auctions? I know NCL does. That's the only cruise line we ever got an offer from. 

Hello,

My husband and I just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be out first TA and we could not be more excited.This will be our first cruise since 2011 and can’t wait to get back in the saddle.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:00 PM, maxxmarc said:

Hello,

My husband and I just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be out first TA and we could not be more excited.This will be our first cruise since 2011 and can’t wait to get back in the saddle.

Welcome to Roll Call.

Carol

Don't forget to sign up for the Meet and Mingle.

Carol

This is our first T/A cruise, and we are very excited for the new adventure! I can't wait to see the new ship.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, warcon said:

hi  do you know if carnival has a transfer from Gatwick as well as heathrow??? 

They are going to service both airports for this cruise!

Shuttle Options.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 7:53 AM, LoveTheBoats said:

They are going to service both airports for this cruise!

Shuttle Options.jpg

WOW!  ....    Cheaper alternatives with about the same or better service certainly exist.   

Examples:  Heathrow to Southhampton pier [www.viator.com] direct travel in dedicated transport  4 pax $175;  8 Pax $260.

From NYC pier to Newark by GOairlinkShuttle [www.goairlinkshuttle.com] at $24 each [possibly with intermediate stops]; or  6 pax SUV $153  [$25 each but dedicated without intermediate stops]; 11 pax van $171 [$16 each &  dedicated without intermediate stops];

All plus tips, of course.   Have used these services several times:  At Heathrow sometimes up to 45 minute wait for transport which was about the same for cruise line organized transfer.  NYC have had to wait up to 40 minutes for the van to arrive when traveling as single but no more than 15 minutes for 6 pax on up.   Used Carnival's NYC shuttle once with a 35 minute wait [was about the fifth to board] for the bus to get completely full before departure.   

Pickup at Heathrow was near location for cruise line bus; in NYC must cross street from terminal to pick up point. 

I'd expect that Carnival would do better with wheelchairs, at least once there was a dedicated bus with large lift for wheelchairs.  Carnival transfers permit [unless there's a change] up to 4 bags per person while Viator, GOairlinkShuttle and similar allow just 1 carryon and one suitcase.  Solution --  book 4  pax in 6 pax transport.

I probably will be in Southhampton the day before our cruise but definitely will organize transfer from NYC to either Newark or LaGuardia depending on my onward flight.   

Good Morning, All!  We are doing the first cruise with friends, but the TA we are on our own as they are all getting off in England!  Looking forward to the Canary Islands as we have never been there.   Did a TA last year and went to the Azores - absolutely beautiful!   Any excursion ideas are welcome! 

Hello, everyone ! I just booked this TA and I am on the waiting list for the first European segment. This will be my first time cruising as a solo, but my husband can’t get anymore time off work. Together we are doing the TA from NY to Dover in early June. I am a bit nervous about sailing solo. Does anyone have experience doing that ?