Cruise Critic Community
azmay1

Carnival Mardi Gras Transatlantic September 9-23, 2020

Same here! My wife and I were on the Carnival Horizon TA and will be on the Mardi Gras TA. I'm so disappointed that they are not booking passengers on the Panorama TA but I've heard they might take that on a Transpacific route to get to Los Angeles, still with no passengers. It may depend on the weather at sea when it is ready to make the transit as to which way the ship will go to Los Angeles.

Ponta del Gada Azores small group tour participants needed!!

I have room for 6 people on a small group full day tour to Furnas. It is €60 per person, lunch included. It will be in an 8-passenger minivan. Everybody will pay Pedro, the driver/guide, the €60 per person price on the day of the tour. Exact change. Gratuity extra.

The tour is offered by Azores-Tours.      www.azores-tours.com

Look at tour #2,  which is the 6 hour tour to Furnas.

I am planning on about an 830AM pick up time from the ship..  I took a tour with Pedro of Azores Tours earlier this year when I was in Ponta del Gada and am happy to go on a tour with him again. He is awesome!

If you are interested, please EMAIL me your real names (first & last), cruise critic name and cabin number .  CruisinJen at aol dot com

When I have my 6 tour buddies I will post again that the tour is full.

Thanks and see you in a year!

Jennifer aka Cruising Ginger

New Hampshire USA

Edited by Cruising Ginger
forgot to add my email address

My Ponta del Gada, Azores small group tour is filled.  If you want to be on the waitlist, you are welcome to email me and I can put you on the waiting list. 

Thank you!

Jennifer / Cruising Ginger

cruisinjen at aol dot com

10 hours ago, lovetheallure said:

Bill and Laura from Ontario, CAN joining you on our first TA...we are so looking forward to this ship!

We're from Ontario also.(London)  Our first trans-Atlantic too. Can't wait.

HI everyone, we are Jack and Cathie from Kitchener Ontario Canada.  This will be our seventh Transatlantic cruise.  I expect we will be bumping into some familiar faces on this cruise.  We are travelling with our friends Pat and Larry and are contemplating bring a couple of our adult children with us.  Our last T/A on a Carnival ship was on the Vista. 

23 hours ago, jackandcathie said:

HI everyone, we are Jack and Cathie from Kitchener Ontario Canada.  This will be our seventh Transatlantic cruise.  I expect we will be bumping into some familiar faces on this cruise.  We are travelling with our friends Pat and Larry and are contemplating bring a couple of our adult children with us.  Our last T/A on a Carnival ship was on the Vista. 

Have you done Transatlantic (to Northeast i.e., NY) in September?  Is it very rough seas?  Just curious.

This is the earliest TA yet.  Usually they were in October on November.  Only once were the seas really rough, from Bermuda to New York city the end of a hurricane was blowing up the coast.  I think we were on the Carnival Dream.  Most of the crossings were smooth sailing.

We booked this cruise a week ago, scored the last interior spa cabin. It will be our first TA voyage and a crossover cruise for us. We will become hit the Gold VIFP level during this cruise. I am so excited. Planning to get into london a few days early and do some sightseeing. 

Edited by Mazyjcruiser

I'm so excited to get to go to London. Unfortunately my husband and I can not take any more days off from work than we already are. I hope to do some kind of sight seeing the day before the ship leaves. 

hello everyone, we just booked this cruise last night. We are from Connecticut and only 90 miles from NYC so it will be nice to only have a International flight one way.....While we have been on many cruises this is our first transatlantic and we are looking forward to it. We are flying into Paris for a couple days then taking the Eurostar to London for a day or 2 before the cruise, sooooo  much planning but looking forward to it!! 

33 minutes ago, tlreze said:

hello everyone, we just booked this cruise last night. We are from Connecticut and only 90 miles from NYC so it will be nice to only have a International flight one way.....While we have been on many cruises this is our first transatlantic and we are looking forward to it. We are flying into Paris for a couple days then taking the Eurostar to London for a day or 2 before the cruise, sooooo  much planning but looking forward to it!! 

I am from Md. and 2 weeks ago we booked our flight one way on Norwegian Air, flying into Paris for 3 days then plane or train to Copenhagen for 3 days before cruise the cost per person with luggage and meals $309 I think we got a good deal.

32 minutes ago, telebax51 said:

I am from Md. and 2 weeks ago we booked our flight one way on Norwegian Air, flying into Paris for 3 days then plane or train to Copenhagen for 3 days before cruise the cost per person with luggage and meals $309 I think we got a good deal.

wow, that is an amazing rate......I saw very cheap non stop flights out of NYC on Norwegian air into Paris, just waiting to book.  We just got back from Europe out of NYC on Delta and the prices were crazy, I assume Norwegian air just didn't fly into Amsterdam as I never saw them. Have you ever flown them? I am looking at the Premium as I have to sleep a little lol ...I did Delta One to Amsterdam and was spoiled, but Premium looked decent, just never flown them before.

Edited by tlreze
typo

38 minutes ago, tlreze said:

wow, that is an amazing rate......I saw very cheap non stop flights out of NYC on Norwegian air into Paris, just waiting to book.  We just got back from Europe out of NYC on Delta and the prices were crazy, I assume Norwegian air just didn't fly into Amsterdam as I never saw them. Have you ever flown them? I am looking at the Premium as I have to sleep a little lol ...I did Delta One to Amsterdam and was spoiled, but Premium looked decent, just never flown them before.

I

We flew Norwegian last year for our Horizon cruise and had no problem so we compared prices with other airlines and they were still the lowest. By booking when our date became available was able to get a row right behind first class N/C now those same seats are $50 extra so i would not wait to long.

53 minutes ago, tlreze said:

We also booked Norwegian Premium class seats San Francisco to London. Have never flown with them before, but believe there was a post here from someone who frequently flys to London from LOS Angeles. Their rate was far less expensive than others. Time will tell if we’re new fans of Norwegian?

5 hours ago, S148TOY said:

We also booked Norwegian Premium class seats San Francisco to London. Have never flown with them before, but believe there was a post here from someone who frequently flys to London from LOS Angeles. Their rate was far less expensive than others. Time will tell if we’re new fans of Norwegian?

We've flown Norwegian Air Shuttle a number of times over the last couple of years. We always just fly steerage (regular coach) and have been happy with that. We've done round-trip and one-way trips to London, Paris, Barcelona and Copenhagen. On each trip they offered one-way for under $200 per passenger. We have always paid an extra $100 to get to pick our seats, get 2 meals, and one free checked bag per person. So each of our trips from LAX to Europe has been under $300 per person each way. I always compare the prices to United as we have enough points on United to go anywhere but they often do not fly non-stop from LAX to Europe unless I were to use an astronomical number of points. I'm happy with regular coach seats in Norwegian.  I just hope they stay in business as they've been having financial troubles and have cancelled a lot of routes.

6 minutes ago, CruiseRookieSteve said:

We've flown Norwegian Air Shuttle a number of times over the last couple of years. We always just fly steerage (regular coach) and have been happy with that. We've done round-trip and one-way trips to London, Paris, Barcelona and Copenhagen. On each trip they offered one-way for under $200 per passenger. We have always paid an extra $100 to get to pick our seats, get 2 meals, and one free checked bag per person. So each of our trips from LAX to Europe has been under $300 per person each way. I always compare the prices to United as we have enough points on United to go anywhere but they often do not fly non-stop from LAX to Europe unless I were to use an astronomical number of points. I'm happy with regular coach seats in Norwegian.  I just hope they stay in business as they've been having financial troubles and have cancelled a lot of routes.

They just got funds to keep them in business for 2 yrs. this will be my second time flying with them I hope they can survive love the prices.

15 minutes ago, telebax51 said:

They just got funds to keep them in business for 2 yrs. this will be my second time flying with them I hope they can survive love the prices.

That's the issue I'm concerned with....can they stay in business.  Look at what happened to Thomas Cook. Also they have very few back-up flights if there is a cancellation. I'll admit their fares are very attractive but am concerned whether they can stay in business at these prices.  Coming from an airline family where the airline went "under," I understand there are always risks.

Just finished looking at Ponta Delgada Azores excursions thru Carnival is up and for those that are looking at flights from New York Airports JFK, LG and EWR, they have Carnival transportation to each airport. Just a FYI 

Thought I had signed up for this thread.  Maybe I did something wrong.  We will by joining you all for our 7th transatlantic.

We did the TA on the Dream, Breeze, and Vista

On 2/4/2019 at 10:57 AM, Cruising Ginger said:

Oh CAROL!

You are awesome and right on the ball.  Thanks for doing it. I  look forward to seeing you again.Jennifer

On 2/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, azmay1 said:

I remember you. It will be nice to see you. I have the spreadsheet created. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1deKC_MDPrxwtOEBZL9Sp9c5F9xKm_-kNG-JxD_J7s_A/edit?usp=sharing

Carol

Carol

I just looked at the spreadsheet and don’t see us on it, so here’s our info.

John & Denise CC S148TOY, cabin 11347 8J standard balcony, meet and greet, many TA’S, plus on inaugural Horizon TA. Staying two pre nights Ennio’s Boutique Hotel Southampton. Fly into London on 8/25, pre tour England and Scotland. Think that’s all you need. Also for first time the spreadsheet won’t load on the Google Sheets App?? Any ideas.

37 minutes ago, S148TOY said:

Carol

I just looked at the spreadsheet and don’t see us on it, so here’s our info.

John & Denise CC S148TOY, cabin 11347 8J standard balcony, meet and greet, many TA’S, plus on inaugural Horizon TA. Staying two pre nights Ennio’s Boutique Hotel Southampton. Fly into London on 8/25, pre tour England and Scotland. Think that’s all you need. Also for first time the spreadsheet won’t load on the Google Sheets App?? Any ideas.

This cruise is Sept.9-23. You fly into London on the 25th?