NCL Escape Very Uncomfortable Seats

allener58

First let me say I had a great 12 day cruise on the Escape last December. Food was great, staff was great, but I found many of the seats very uncomfortable. Bar stools with no backs, seats flat with no contour to my butt. The seats up by the back TV were very deep and now I don't remember the rest. But like I said it was a great cruise. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

Sailed Escape in July and don't recall feeling that way.

Maybe the bar stools in the Skyline bar were not the best but then we sat on the couches and they were fine.

The Waterfront had comfy seats and we were good in the Atrium too.

And now I'm booked on the Encore and the seating I've seen in the Observation Lounge on the Bliss makes me think I'll like it on the Encore.

It's vacation and I'm always comfortable.

For real ... our "complaint" was those regular atrium sofa chair hogs and they didn't even use their blue beach towels to claim their seats while they're away ... got a mutual-watch buddy system safeguarding their prime spots :classic_laugh:  As a result, DW and I sometimes ended up with those folding, padded chair - some were okay but the ones with thin padding, not as good.  

The long sofas, starboard side were a problem, too big for 2 to share and the middle spot not good for 3 strangers :classic_biggrin: but 4's company only if you are friends.  

Then, this ... (but, there was a reason for her to do so,  I suppose)  It's an imperfect world we live in and ship life mirrored what we see & don't recognize everyday.  Moving on and not be troubled by it. 

IMG_20190111_202638120.jpg

P.S.  Plus, we didn't spot the "Washy Washy" teams there wiping down the furniture ... ahhh.  It's only 5 deg. F outside now, sunny (wind chill, real feel is - 20 below ... not too terrible, could be a lot worst) - rather be back on a cruise, sooner and not later.  

Edited by mking8288

11 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

You are too late for Encore:

Yep, look at that yellow chair in the background. The seat is way too deep, and the back is way too short. To fit comfortably in that yellow chair, you'd need to have twice the length from lap to knee and then only half the length from knee to ankle since the chair is so low to the ground. Who is built like this, anyway? You have to sit "indian style" in this chair to get some level of comfort.I also saw some people bring bed pillows and pillows from their stateroom sofa to try to compensate for this terrible design .

Edited by blcruising

It is a significant issue for many.   Here's a quote from a current review of the Breakaway.  I agree.

The chair arrangements are awkward, particularly if you wanted to watch the entertainment.    And the chairs are unbelievably uncomfortable.  In the atrium, for example, 75% of the chairs are so deep that average height people cannot sit back without legs lifting off the floor.  If you look around, all the women under 6ft tall are sitting forward in these stupid things.  Other chairs, some with pillows, are at a premium and taken first.

The worst are those stupid folding chairs in the atrium. If they would just utilize The Supper Club for things like Trivia and Games, there would be comfortable seating for all. The Supper Club is so under-utilized IMO. No one should have to sit on those horrible folding chairs.