MeandHer1968

Halloween cruise Oct 31 2020

Donna and I (Drew) are booked, along with 8 other family members.  

:classic_biggrin:  I think we'll be the 7th cruise for the Mardi Gras.

So I assume she'll still have that new car smell. :classic_huh:

I'm hoping to be the first one to break something on the ship. :classic_laugh: 

Being Halloween, I'm going to dress up as an Iceberg.  :classic_ohmy:

625 Days Left. 

(looking forward to looking back and reading this posting in 600 days from now):classic_smile:

I work in Boston.. Wicked Cool :classic_cool:

Edited by DD474

We also booked this sailing, it will be 4 of us.  Cannot wait to see this beautiful ship

welcome to all. We are Scott & Karen. We live in Utah but I (Scott) am from Massachusetts.

This will be our first time on Carnival I have done 4 RCCL and 2 NCL Karen has done 1 RCCL and 1 NCL so we are curious as to what CCL has to offer.

13 hours ago, MeandHer1968 said:

welcome to all. We are Scott & Karen. We live in Utah but I (Scott) am from Massachusetts.

This will be our first time on Carnival I have done 4 RCCL and 2 NCL Karen has done 1 RCCL and 1 NCL so we are curious as to what CCL has to offer.

What part of Mass are you from?  Both Donna and I grew up here. Donna from Somerset and me from Bridgewater. 

Looking forward to a new type of cruising experience.   

For a New Ship,  Surprisingly there's still plenty of rooms available 

9 hours ago, DD474 said:

What part of Mass are you from?  Both Donna and I grew up here. Donna from Somerset and me from Bridgewater. 

Looking forward to a new type of cruising experience.   

For a New Ship,  Surprisingly there's still plenty of rooms available 

I was born in Boston but lived most of my life in Attleboro.

Never thought I would try CCL but with the new ship we figured we would give it a shot.. LOVE Royal though.

I was born in Roslindale and moved to Bridgewater when I  was 10.  Donna and I are RCCL fans, but with CCL getting a new huge ship, we're giving them another try. 

Hopefully over the next 20 months, or 80 weeks , or 610 days, or 14640 hours.:classic_ohmy:

We'll get a few more members to join our Island of misfit toys AKA Motley Crew. :classic_cool:

Here by Cape Cod, we're getting about 10 inches of snow tomorrow. :classic_sad:

Posted (edited)

Things are starting off kinda slow on this one.  - Like watching grass grow.:classic_wink:

Home > Search for a Meet & Mingle

Carnival Mardi Gras

The following Cruise Critic members have signed up to this Meet & Mingle party:

DD474 # in party: 2

The current party tally is 2. If the party reaches a tally of 25 Carnival Cruise Line will hold a Meet & Mingle party onboard!

Hmmm...Luckily we got time..:classic_tongue: Talking about dodging a wrench. (if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball).

Edited by DD474

Home >

Carnival Mardi Gras Meet & Mingle

Carnival Mardi Gras Meet & Mingle

Your Meet & Mingle will be hosted by Carnival Cruise Line on all sailings that are 7 nights or longer in duration, and you'll be able to register to attend as soon as the booking schedule opens.

If a minimum of 25 members are registered 14 days prior to your sail date, you will receive a confirmation email and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on Carnival Cruise Line. If the minimum of 25 is not met prior to your sail date, you will receive an e-mail advising you that the minimum has not been met.

You will receive an invitation delivered to your stateroom which will contain the date, time & location of the party!

Carnival Cruise Line will be providing a private lounge (or other venue) as well as an soft drinks and light refreshments. Registering will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted on your cruise with fellow cruisers whom you've communicated with online! Share information and tips, make plans in advance of your cruise - and then meet your new friends on board during your private, complimentary Meet & Mingle!
** Party Registration is limited to 5 people per reservation **

Fill out the form below and click "Submit" to attend a Meet & Mingle on your cruise!

I guess we’re the Original cast members, aka Founding Members.

MeandHer1968 - Scott & Karen        - Utah

DD474               - Drew & Donna      - Dighton Mass.

MPJCH              - Mike & Pam          - Georgia

SoMDGirl           -                              - St. Mary's County Maryland

Lamar20            - Lamar & Emily      - Georgia

lele100               -

sammyd44         -

P.S. – Let me know of any additions and corrections.

Posted (edited)

So we'll have Guy Ramsay Fieri and Emeril John Lagassé III restaurant's on Mardi Gras. Talk about top quality.

Emeril grew up in the town next to me (Fall River).  Our Kids went to school together in Somerset Ma. 

P.S. Any one know if the Cheers Beverage Package is worth it?

Edited by DD474

On 3/7/2019 at 7:51 AM, DD474 said:

P.S. Any one know if the Cheers Beverage Package is worth it?

We had the ultimate beverage package on the Harmony this  past November and thought it was WELL worth it..

CCL package limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks a day where as RCCL is truly UNLIMITED. But we only averaged about 9 drinks each a day so should be fine. (Average $10.00 a drink 9 drinks a day so $90.00 PP and sells for $54.00 PP + gratuity ) Looks like a deal to me. We will be getting it.

P.S. 600 days and counting..WOOHOO

P.S.S. Welcome aboard Saydees

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MeandHer1968 said:

We had the ultimate beverage package on the Harmony this  past November and thought it was WELL worth it..

CCL package limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks a day where as RCCL is truly UNLIMITED. But we only averaged about 9 drinks each a day so should be fine. (Average $10.00 a drink 9 drinks a day so $90.00 PP and sells for $54.00 PP + gratuity ) Looks like a deal to me. We will be getting it.

P.S. 600 days and counting..WOOHOO

P.S.S. Welcome aboard Saydees

I did love the Ultimate Package on RCCL. It was worth it.  BUT as for the Cheers Package, not to sure.

Being the Cheers Package is $429.11 per person, and your required to purchase two packages, it'll be $858.22.

With a limit of 15 drinks a day.  So 7 days divided by $858 is $122.00 a day for drinks.  If you get an average of 9 

drinks at $10.00 a day with 10% gratuity, your looking at approx. $100.00 per day. So $100.00 for 7 days is  

$700.00, a saving of $158.00.  I'm kind of leaning to pay as you go for drinks. 

BUT then if you throw in Bottle Water, Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, now we're leaning back to purchasing the package. :classic_ohmy:  I'm so confused.  

I need a drink to figure this one out.:classic_wink:

P.S. Tomorrow We'll be below 600....599 :classic_biggrin:

Edited by DD474

I guess we’re the Original cast members, aka Founding Members.

MeandHer1968 - Scott & Karen        - Utah

DD474               - Drew & Donna      - Dighton Mass.

MPJCH              - Mike & Pam          - Georgia

SoMDGirl           -                              - St. Mary's County Maryland

Lamar20            - Lamar & Emily      - Georgia

lele100               -

sammyd44         -

SayDees            -                              - Toronto Canada

P.S. – Let me know of any additions and corrections

P.S.S.     597 days till our cruise!

carnival-cruise-line-breaks-ground-on-ne
Carnival Cruise Line Breaks Ground on New Port Canaveral Terminal (Photo: Gina Kramer)

Carnival Cruise Line Breaks Ground on New Port Canaveral Terminal

March 18, 2019

(3:40 p.m. EDT) -- A major milestone for both Carnival Cruise Line and Orlando's Port Canaveral took place today as ground was officially broken on Terminal 3 -- the single largest project in the port's history and the future home of Carnival's forthcoming Mardi Gras, which will be the largest ship in the fleet.

"Port Canaveral gives us such great accessibility with people coming from all over the Southeast, [there is] a great and friendly community here, and that's why we believe this is such a great spot for us to deliver Mardi Gras," Carnival president Christine Duffy said during a ground-breaking ceremony held at the terminal's construction site. Duffy and dignitaries from the port posed with shovels to signal the beginning of construction.

The new terminal -- set to open mid-2020, just in time for Mardi Gras' launch -- will feature a contemporary design and technology aimed at speeding up the embarkation process. Terminal 3 will be able to accommodate up to 6,500 passengers, while an adjacent parking facility will hold around 1,800 vehicles

Did you know that in 2020, Mardi Gras at 183,900 Gross Tonnage & 1130 feet long will the 5th largest cruise ship in the world.  :classic_biggrin:  Just behind the four RCI Oasis Class ships. 

Did you know, a lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. :classic_tongue:

Just remember, no matter what room you walk in to, it'll always be room temperature. :classic_huh: 

Edited by DD474