Honolulu Disembarkation

aussiecruiser275

Does anyone know how long it takes to disembark in Honolulu (getting off/ pick of bags / clear immigration and customs)

We are arriving off the Ovation of the seas at 6am on the 2nd May. We are Australian citizens.

I have a Johnny cab pick up at 0845am for a 1045am inter-island flight to Hilo.

We did come off a cruise in LA San Pedro from Princess cruises in 2016 and it was a very quick procedure and was quite surprised.

Welcome all information as we are just planning on what time to disembark.

Cheers

Malcolm

aussiecruiser275

I took a trip from Sydney to Honolulu on Celebrity, my experience is that we didn’t get processed until 8 am (you may want to change your flight time to after 11 am).  The ride to the airport is at least 20-30 minutes.

First thing, get to the area to where you have to present your passport early, I do mean early, it was done on the ship (not sure if they changed that from April, 2016).  If you purchased jewelry on board over a certain dollar amount, you’ll get processed first (my experience when we got to Honolulu on the Millie).  

If you have baggage, you can only hope it’s ready when you get down to the debarkation area. I took a bus to the airport, so we had to wait for everyone, looking back at the ship when we pulled away, the entire top deck was a long line snaked from the Cosmos Lounge to the other side of the ship.

Someone in your party should forgo breakfast and get in line, or have someone bring you something while you or the other person save a space in line.