Cruise Critic Community
fyree39

Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Confused...

I'm booked to sail on Crystal OCS191108-09 from 8 to 17 November 2019 to the Caribbean.  When I go to Crystal's website, it says I sail out of Miami.  When I look at other sites, like cruise timetables, it says sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. In my notes I put down Ft. Lauderdale just after I booked. I don't know when the Crystal website changed to say Miami. Do you think it's possible the Crystal website is wrong?

I'm going to ask my TA this same question, but I thought I'd check with you good folks as well.

Please see the other recent thread on this subject.

It looks like your embarkation port has been changed from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Your TA should have received notification from Crystal to pass onto you and if not should be getting it shortly.

Keith

Cindy, hopefully your TA will get with you soon.

Since Rob is on the next cruise and posted that they begin in Miami it looks like your cruise should do the same.

You could also call Crystal Cruises directly to close the loop on this or just wait for your TA to respond.

Keith

I guess you need a good T/A, mine forward the following yesterday.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

We look forward to welcoming your clients aboard Crystal Symphony’s November 17, 2019 “Tropical Escape” cruise.

Please be aware that we have made some slight adjustments to the itinerary for your clients’ voyage. Due to port constraints, the embarkation and disembarkation ports are changing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Miami, Florida.

Please note that Crystal Symphony will be berthed at Terminal J for each call:

Terminal J
1120 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

map

Original Itinerary:

Day

Arrive

Depart

Nov 17

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

6 pm

Nov 18

Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

-

-

Nov 19

Costa Maya, Mexico

8 am

6 pm

Nov 20

Belize City, Belize

7 am

6 pm

Nov 21

Cozumel, Mexico

8 am

8 pm

Nov 22

Cruising the Caribbean Sea

-

-

Nov 23

Key West, Florida, USA

8 am

4 pm

Nov 24

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Disembark AM

NEW Itinerary:

Day

Arrive

Depart

Nov 17

Miami, Florida, USA

6 pm

Nov 18

Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

-

-

Nov 19

Costa Maya, Mexico

8 am

6 pm

Nov 20

Belize City, Belize

7 am

6 pm

Nov 21

Cozumel, Mexico

8 am

8 pm

Nov 22

Cruising the Caribbean Sea

-

-

Nov 23

Key West, Florida, USA

8 am

4 pm

Nov 24

Miami, Florida, USA

Disembark AM

Our website will be updated within the coming days to reflect this change.

For guests who have already booked flights into or out of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, it will be our pleasure to provide them with a complimentary transfer to and from the ship at Terminal J in Miami. Please make sure your clients enter their flight information into PCPC (Priority Check-In & Planning Center) so that we may plan for this transfer. For any future flights booked, please ensure that your clients will arrive at and depart out of Miami International Airport rather than Fort Lauderdale.

We appreciate your taking time to share this important information with your clients. We look forward to welcoming them aboard.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

I actually have a wonderful TA used by some of the more well-traveled on this site. She said the team was putting together a package for the Crystal clients affected by this change.

Husband & I are booked on OCS191201-10 and the following segment.  Yesterday morning we made air and hotel arrangements based on Fort Lauderdale being port of embarkation.  That very afternoon I received a call from our ta that embarkation will be in Miami but Crystal will offer complimentary transfer from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami for guest already having booked air to FLL.  This am she she called Crystal for any more information on this "complimentary transfer" and was told that pertained only to those guests who had Crystal book their air.  Nowhere on the email from Crystal to my ta did it say only for guests who booked air thru Crystal.  We shall see how this evolves.

Mary

34 minutes ago, firstcruise91 said:

This am she she called Crystal for any more information on this "complimentary transfer" and was told that pertained only to those guests who had Crystal book their air.  Nowhere on the email from Crystal to my ta did it say only for guests who booked air thru Crystal.  We shall see how this evolves.

Mary

Mary, this appears to be an evolving adventure. Our TA is currently clarifying and negotiating, too. Stay tuned....

Rob

5 hours ago, firstcruise91 said:

Husband & I are booked on OCS191201-10 and the following segment.  Yesterday morning we made air and hotel arrangements based on Fort Lauderdale being port of embarkation.  That very afternoon I received a call from our ta that embarkation will be in Miami but Crystal will offer complimentary transfer from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami for guest already having booked air to FLL.  This am she she called Crystal for any more information on this "complimentary transfer" and was told that pertained only to those guests who had Crystal book their air.  Nowhere on the email from Crystal to my ta did it say only for guests who booked air thru Crystal.  We shall see how this evolves.

Mary

You have until the end of tonight to cancel reservations with air carriers with no penalty.

Though in most cases, flying into FLL is cheaper. Even if you have to pay for a transfer, it may still be cheaper. My guess is they will transfer you at no cost.