Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dchoney

Mardi Gras Repositioning 15- Day Southern Caribbean September 30, 2020

Recommended Posts

I decided to change this cruise. I have no desire to go on a ship of this size. Maybe one day. Hope y'all have a GREAT cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, skrufy said:

Thought the Bruins were a lock before the finals began. But now I think the Blues are on a roll. They have pretty much shutdown the Bruins offense. I think it’s over on Sunday. Blues Stanley Cup champs. Islander fan here

Missed it by one game. Bruins a major disappointment. Blues defense was awesome tonight. Do you have tears in your eyes tonight. Marchant  is a good player but takes cheap shots. Maybe Bruins—- Islanders next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skrufy said:

Missed it by one game. Bruins a major disappointment. Blues defense was awesome tonight. Do you have tears in your eyes tonight. Marchant  is a good player but takes cheap shots. Maybe Bruins—- Islanders next year?

Cryed in my cheerios this morning.  The better team won.  The Blues goalie was on his game.  I was here in Boston for the game.  At least we didn't burn down the city.  We're not uses to loosing.  Nothing left to do but the crying.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Cryed in my cheerios this morning.  The better team won.  The Blues goalie was on his game.  I was here in Boston for the game.  At least we didn't burn down the city.  We're not uses to loosing.  Nothing left to do but the crying.  LOL

 

20190613_091517.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked this cruise yesterday.  Hubby and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, so we decided to go big and book one of the excel suites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Mitchum’s been named as CD, so that’s a win, and there’s a great little preview video of the Lido on YouTube. I like the two-tier Red Frog, and the Pig & Anchor looks huge on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!! So excited to join this roll call! We booked yesterday :-) My husband retires from 30 years of duty in the Coast Guard on Sep 30, 2020 so obviously we had to get him on a ship ASAP 😂

 

We will be traveling from VA, we are experienced cruisers in our late 40s, and are totally excited about this ship and itinerary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gnocchi_mommy said:

Hello!!! So excited to join this roll call! We booked yesterday 🙂 My husband retires from 30 years of duty in the Coast Guard on Sep 30, 2020 so obviously we had to get him on a ship ASAP 😂

 

We will be traveling from VA, we are experienced cruisers in our late 40s, and are totally excited about this ship and itinerary!

Welcome,

 

My wife and I are from VA, and, we retired not too long ago.  FYI, during my younger  life, I served a little bit USCG Duty at the 5th Coast Guard District in Portsmouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, gnocchi_mommy said:

Hello!!! So excited to join this roll call! We booked yesterday :-) My husband retires from 30 years of duty in the Coast Guard on Sep 30, 2020 so obviously we had to get him on a ship ASAP 😂

 

We will be traveling from VA, we are experienced cruisers in our late 40s, and are totally excited about this ship and itinerary!

So he's retiring from the coast guard on the 30th & will be boarding a different type of ship the same day.  Oh my LOL  Welcome aboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we have a neighbor on this cruise @DCHONEY.  We are also from Woodbridge, Va.  Looking forward to the new ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tre_220 said:

Looks like we have a neighbor on this cruise @DCHONEY.  We are also from Woodbridge, Va.  Looking forward to the new ship.

Yep...Va is "in  the house".  Or, "on the ship"!!!

Edited by Arabia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, we are so excited to board this new ship.  I am loving retirement so far - less than a week - but still enjoying it.  We couldn't wait til Sept 2020, so we booked the Vista for this Sept & already had the Breeze booked for this Nov.  We'll be "Diamond" before long- 124 days by end of this cruise.  Looking forward to the extra perks. 

Smooth seas to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the world of retirement! It opens up a whole new world of cruising possibilities. We do work part time to fuel our cruise addiction, but we're allowed off whenever we want, for as long as we want. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there!  My DH and I are booked along with 2 other couples.  We are both 63, and love to cruise.  In April I completed my 51st cruise overall.  We have 3 sons, and 3 grandkids.  All of them live within an hour of us, so we get to see everyone quite often.  We take the family on a cruise every 3 years, so my grandkids are racking up the cruise points.

 

We will be flying in to NY a day earlier to visit with my step-mother, then board the ship for a fantastic cruise!  Our friends live in Ohio so they will meet us on the ship.  We have a balcony on deck 11, mid-ship.  I have been on over 25 Carnival cruises, but this is the first one this long...and a Journeys cruise as well.  I am beyond excited!  I have always wanted to cruise out of NY and now I will be able to cross that off my list.

 

Looking forward to getting to know some  of my fellow cruisers before we set sail.  I have been reading everything I can about the ship and about Journeys cruising. 

 

This is going to be a heck of a way to celebrate my retirement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

Hi there!  My DH and I are booked along with 2 other couples.  We are both 63, and love to cruise.  In April I completed my 51st cruise overall.  We have 3 sons, and 3 grandkids.  All of them live within an hour of us, so we get to see everyone quite often.  We take the family on a cruise every 3 years, so my grandkids are racking up the cruise points.

 

We will be flying in to NY a day earlier to visit with my step-mother, then board the ship for a fantastic cruise!  Our friends live in Ohio so they will meet us on the ship.  We have a balcony on deck 11, mid-ship.  I have been on over 25 Carnival cruises, but this is the first one this long...and a Journeys cruise as well.  I am beyond excited!  I have always wanted to cruise out of NY and now I will be able to cross that off my list.

 

Looking forward to getting to know some  of my fellow cruisers before we set sail.  I have been reading everything I can about the ship and about Journeys cruising. 

 

This is going to be a heck of a way to celebrate my retirement!

Welcome DaisyGirl55. We were neighbors until just recently. Sold our Deltona house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello everyone, we are so excited to board this new ship.  I am loving retirement so far - less than a week - but still enjoying it.  We couldn't wait til Sept 2020, so we booked the Vista for this Sept & already had the Breeze booked for this Nov.  We'll be "Diamond" before long- 124 days by end of this cruise.  Looking forward to the extra perks. 
Smooth seas to all.
Can't wait for this cruise we have never been on cruise longer than 10 days. You will love Vista I was on it last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Jamman54 said:

Welcome to the world of retirement! It opens up a whole new world of cruising possibilities. We do work part time to fuel our cruise addiction, but we're allowed off whenever we want, for as long as we want. 😃

Sounds like the perfect life.  Work when you want & only when you want.

I am just waiting to get all my pension, health insurance, etc settled... then we will be on the road.  We enjoy road trips as much as cruising.  We are enjoying spending time with our grandkids.  We bought our 100 shares of CCL stock last week- looking forward to the $250 OBC for this cruise.  We haven't received confirmation yet, hopefully by the end of this week.  We owned the stock a few yrs back, but for whatever reason, cashed it in.  We'll hold on to it this time- hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, DaisyGirl55 said:

Hi there!  My DH and I are booked along with 2 other couples.  We are both 63, and love to cruise.  In April I completed my 51st cruise overall.  We have 3 sons, and 3 grandkids.  All of them live within an hour of us, so we get to see everyone quite often.  We take the family on a cruise every 3 years, so my grandkids are racking up the cruise points.

 

We will be flying in to NY a day earlier to visit with my step-mother, then board the ship for a fantastic cruise!  Our friends live in Ohio so they will meet us on the ship.  We have a balcony on deck 11, mid-ship.  I have been on over 25 Carnival cruises, but this is the first one this long...and a Journeys cruise as well.  I am beyond excited!  I have always wanted to cruise out of NY and now I will be able to cross that off my list.

 

Looking forward to getting to know some  of my fellow cruisers before we set sail.  I have been reading everything I can about the ship and about Journeys cruising. 

 

This is going to be a heck of a way to celebrate my retirement!

welcome to the roll call.  We have sailing out of NY on our bucket list too.  It's nice to cross those things off & hold on to the memories.  Cruising has allowed us to cross several things off our list, like visiting Hawaii & the Panama Canal.  Happy sailing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sue1260 said:

Can't wait for this cruise we have never been on cruise longer than 10 days. You will love Vista I was on it last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
 

Thank you.  You will love the longer cruise, I know we do.  The Vista has been having some issues recently, hopefully they are all fixed now.  It will be our 1st time on that class of ship & our 1st Premier Casino cruise.  Can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, skrufy said:

Welcome DaisyGirl55. We were neighbors until just recently. Sold our Deltona house.

 

We are you living now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My longest cruise so far has been 8 nights.  Sometimes they can be very port intensive, so I have learned to pace myself and stay on the ship when in port to break up the pace.  Last thing I want to do is get off the ship absolutely exhausted.

 

I am looking at the itinerary and seeing 5 ports in a row, a sea day, then 2 more, another sea day, then Grand Turk.  For those of you that have done a cruise like this, do you also pace yourself or do you get off the ship in every port and rest on the sea days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

My longest cruise so far has been 8 nights.  Sometimes they can be very port intensive, so I have learned to pace myself and stay on the ship when in port to break up the pace.  Last thing I want to do is get off the ship absolutely exhausted.

 

I am looking at the itinerary and seeing 5 ports in a row, a sea day, then 2 more, another sea day, then Grand Turk.  For those of you that have done a cruise like this, do you also pace yourself or do you get off the ship in every port and rest on the sea days?

We are in Northern Illinois now, but are looking to move to the Alabama coast. Back to warm weather. We also have done a few cruises with 5 ports in a row. They do get a little exhausting. We get off at all ports, sometimes we do an excursion  and sometimes just wander the port. The sea days are a nice break, just to recharge the batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DaisyGirl55

Saw your post over on the other board. We have been on 3 Journeys cruises. One to the Caribbean where there were quite a few people dressed up. Fancy dresses but not to many tux’s. Mostly sports coats and tie, some in suits. Many others casual but looking good.  Then there’s the minority who show up looking like beach bums. The other two were to Alaska and it was super casual. Elegant night really did not exist. Wife wears nice pants and top, I wear a jacket or sweater with tie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks skrufy for letting me know about the dinner attire.  Living in Florida, we generally drive to the port so there isn't much of an issue regarding packing.  Flying to the port, plus the additional days sailing may provide a bit of a challenge to packing.  But I know that I am up to that particular challenge! At least I have cruised enough to realize I don't need several outfits each day, and that it is okay to wear something more than once!  LOL

 

For a cruise that is this long, do you know how many dressy nights there are?  And are there any theme nights on a Journeys cruise?  Thanks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...