Cruise Critic Community
Cruisegirl6

CURRENT PLATINUM GIFT

We got blankets on the Elation in April 2018.  In August it was the beach bags and November it was the grey cross-body bags.

Was on the Inspiration last weekend and I received the Tervis cup. Hope to get the blanket when I cruise in a few weeks.

On the Freedom now and received the new blankets...blue, not grey like the blankets of 2018.

Garnett

11 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

On the Freedom now and received the new blankets...blue, not grey like the blankets of 2018.

Garnett

Nice!  Is it otherwise the same design?

1 hour ago, obx_fintoo said:

Nice!  Is it otherwise the same design?

Similar, but somewhat different...if memory serves me.  Hard to compare without having the original grey blanket (which is at home) in front of me.

I’m not complaining because as a Platinum cruiser  I don’t cruise for the gift but the blankets are very thin.

i gave one to my son’s roommates daughter and saved one for the dog’s kennel. 

We are cruising again in two weeks so will most probably give them to someone with kids on the cruise. 

Do you think that they'll still have the blankets in March when we cruise during Spring Break?

Because lord knows I've only got 84,000 freaking blankets around here and we seem to acquire at least 3 new Mexican blankets every time we go to Cozumel somehow but I still want one of the Carnival ones if that's what we end up getting.😄

4 hours ago, Enggrl said:

I’m not complaining because as a Platinum cruiser  I don’t cruise for the gift but the blankets are very thin.

i gave one to my son’s roommates daughter and saved one for the dog’s kennel. 

We are cruising again in two weeks so will most probably give them to someone with kids on the cruise. 

Mine fluffed up nicely in the wash with some fabric softener. I took it with me on a 24 hour international flight journey and used it instead of the germy paper thin airplane blankets. I enjoyed it 🙂

I like the idea of the blanket better than alot other past carnival platinum gifts that were given out.  I still have Pam Am blankets worth money too!

The new blue blankets have the have fun be safe logo, the grey ones have only the vifp logo. Just got the blue ones this past week also.

Does anyone have pictures of the above mentioned Platinum gifts?  We turn Plat in March so just curious as to what we might get.  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, HockeyFamilyCruisers said:

Sailing next week. Is it still a blanket? Thanks

1703333165_vifplanyard.thumb.jpg.8c6d4e83fdafd5be8f748fc757182090.jpg