Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
beachgirl32931

Mardi Gras December 12 2020 Western sailing!

Recommended Posts

New Carnival Terminal 3 at Port Canaveral

Inside View - Artist Impression.

i1.jpg

 

 

i3.jpg

 

 

i2.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Carnival Terminal 3 at Port Canaveral

Current Inside View - January 15th 2020

688bb74a-4f8d-41d7-9199-d6bbc342568a-The_New_CT3_Cruise_Terminal_Under_Construction_4.jpg

 

 

6874ee41-60c9-47f1-a245-966a3d6025ca-The_New_CT3_Cruise_Terminal_Under_Construction_8.jpg

 

 

bac0f53c-66a9-4343-b8dd-6de8380d463d-The_New_CT3_Cruise_Terminal_Under_Construction_n11.jpg

 

 

318baff3-e15e-4d53-b1a4-59f7c6519687-The_New_CT3_Cruise_Terminal_Under_Construction_n25.jpg

 

 

7dbb9cc1-191d-40b9-a8e7-c917d98e270d-The_New_CT3_Cruise_Terminal_Under_Construction_1.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival Terminal 3 Location.

Christopher Columbus Dr.  (next to the Jetty Park).

Looks like we're in the front row !!:classic_ohmy:

We should be the 1st ship out on departure day.  :classic_wink:

4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...I see "Mardi Gras" and "Carnival"  :classic_biggrin:

 

This is a good sign. :classic_laugh:

1_LatJan-sternshot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse

 

 

You know the old saying, “There’s no such thing as a free lunch?” Well, that’s not the case here. If you hit the Pig & Anchor between 12 and 2:30 p.m. on embarkation and sea days, you’ll find a complimentary menu that features items like brisket, dry rubbed chicken, pulled pork, and sausage, as well as side dishes like mac and cheese, collard greens, coleslaw, and beans. (It’s actually fairly similar, although not as extensive, as what you’ll find on the a la carte dinner menu.) 

IMG_7707-1030x773.jpg

 

 

IMG_9582-1030x773.jpg

 

 

IMG_7708-1030x773.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse

1) Smoked Porter - 2) Farmhouse Ale -  3)Toasted Amber Ale -  4)West Coast IPA

29789979_1404792202960148_6178399640016914544_n.jpg

29791498_1404791979626837_566574590723677437_n.jpg

29694789_1404792016293500_4311371571439248659_n.jpg

29543244_1404791889626846_5462377989075090383_n.jpg

29791451_1404792179626817_3756680122742237257_n.jpg

29594904_1404791802960188_752440676909275567_n.jpg

29594554_1404792112960157_2080091094964567830_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks DD for posting the menus ( hope you don't mind the abbreviated version of your user name)

Shiska. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shiska said:

Thanks DD for posting the menus ( hope you don't mind the abbreviated version of your user name)

Shiska. 

Of Course...:classic_laugh:

 

Big fan of double "D's"...:classic_ohmy: :classic_rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like a management decision. :classic_wink: 

(is this decision within my pay grade ?)  :classic_cool:

 

Fact: You can't drink all day, unless you start in the morning. :classic_wink: 

         

10 Reasons Eating Fruit for Breakfast Can Completely Transform Your Health  :classic_ohmy:

  1. Enhance The Detoxification Phase.                           
  2. Perfect Way To Break Your Fast.                               
  3. Stimulate The Digestive Tract.                                
  4. Wake Up The Body.                                                   
  5. Lose Weight.                                                              
  6. Boost The Immune System.                                     
  7. Create An Alkaline Environment For The Body.
  8. Feel Full and Satisfied.                                            
  9. Strengthen The Heart.                                             
  10. Banish Belly Bloating.                                              

e2f48797278ca3326888701eb70f3873_800.jpg

l_c9e67a94a3c38b2b31037d2c629f2b37.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILITARY APPRECIATION

A Carnival cruise features special ways we recognize the service of U.S. and Canadian military members and veterans. It begins with military discounts on cruise fare... but it doesn't end there! Whether you're active or retired, come out and join us at the Military Appreciation Gathering — held on absolutely every cruise — where we honor the courage and commitment made by soldiers... and of course, their families as well. In addition to the event, there's also a chance for veterans, and the folks who matter to them, to gather around the reserved table and share stories at the Veterans' Tea Time Meet & Greet.

 

Being a Veteran..This is nice of Carnival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restraunt Reservation  on Mardi Gras starting February 29, 2020.

 

 

Faster to the Fun starting with departures on Mardi Gras, starting in 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 11:12 AM, DD474 said:

MILITARY APPRECIATION

A Carnival cruise features special ways we recognize the service of U.S. and Canadian military members and veterans. It begins with military discounts on cruise fare... but it doesn't end there! Whether you're active or retired, come out and join us at the Military Appreciation Gathering — held on absolutely every cruise — where we honor the courage and commitment made by soldiers... and of course, their families as well. In addition to the event, there's also a chance for veterans, and the folks who matter to them, to gather around the reserved table and share stories at the Veterans' Tea Time Meet & Greet.

 

Being a Veteran..This is nice of Carnival. 

I have attended the military events on Carnival, they are really nice. I retired in 1988 21years 5 month and 7 days  Army.

If I am not mistaken your user name is connected to the military.  Thank you for your service. 

The drinks look awesome.

Shiska.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shiska said:

I have attended the military events on Carnival, they are really nice. I retired in 1988 21years 5 month and 7 days  Army.

If I am not mistaken your user name is connected to the military.  Thank you for your service. 

The drinks look awesome.

Shiska.

 

Thank You for also serving, especially during Vietnam.  THAT'S THE FACT JACK!

I was at NORAD (Air Defense Command) back in the late 70's.  I was a FF/EMT for 10 years in the 80's

Now I've been a member of Law Enforcement for 23 years now.

Guys like us, serving our country. :classic_cool:

 

I found an Army Training Video. :classic_biggrin:

 

 

strpis1.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meyer Turku floats out Carnival Mardi Gras

Carnival Cruise Line’s 180,000 GT, LNG-fueled future flag ship Mardi Gras was on Saturday floated out at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland.

With the float-out, the giant ship’s six themed zones are also beginning to take shape with the interior build out of spaces like Emeril’s Bistro 1396 created by famed chef Emeril Lagasse and a groundbreaking new atrium concept with spectacular three-deck-high floor-to-ceiling windows and moveable LED screens

 

 

mardigras_float6.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mardi Gras was repositioned to a new location at the yard to finalize its interior

TURKU, FINLAND – Carnival Cruise Line’s Mardi Gras was “floated out” at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland in anticipation of its debut later this year at Port Canaveral. :classic_smile:

 

Following the float out, Mardi Gras was repositioned to a new location at the yard to finalize its interior and exterior outfitting, including the installation of BOLT, the first roller coaster at sea in the coming weeks, part of the Ultimate Playground outdoor recreation area. :classic_laugh:

The ship’s more than 2,600 staterooms, including 180 suites across 11 different categories, have been installed and workers will begin putting the finishing touches on these unique accommodations. :classic_biggrin:

mardi-gras-meyer-turku-600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DD474 said:

Thank You for also serving, especially during Vietnam.  THAT'S THE FACT JACK!

I was at NORAD (Air Defense Command) back in the late 70's.  I was a FF/EMT for 10 years in the 80's

Now I've been a member of Law Enforcement for 23 years now.

Guys like us, serving our country. :classic_cool:

 

I found an Army Training Video. :classic_biggrin:

 

 

strpis1.jpg

Such a funny Movie!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 New Terminal:  CT-3 

  • 186,986 square-foot, two-story cruise terminal.
  • Ground floor has a 10,000-bag lay-down area, and a fully compliant CBP facility.
  • Second floor has a state-of-the-art check-in area with 17 check-in kiosks, 10 counters, 1,200 general seats and 500 VIP seats. 
  • 691,596 square-foot, six-level ground transportation with parking garage above with 1,793 spaces.
  • Ground transportation area for 30 buses and personally owned vehicles
  • Stand-alone bag drop building

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DD474 said:

 New Terminal:  CT-3 

  • 186,986 square-foot, two-story cruise terminal.
  • Ground floor has a 10,000-bag lay-down area, and a fully compliant CBP facility.
  • Second floor has a state-of-the-art check-in area with 17 check-in kiosks, 10 counters, 1,200 general seats and 500 VIP seats. 
  • 691,596 square-foot, six-level ground transportation with parking garage above with 1,793 spaces.
  • Ground transportation area for 30 buses and personally owned vehicles
  • Stand-alone bag drop building

I question that 10 counters... :classic_mellow:

Hopefully each counter has several check-in windows. Otherwise, we're looking at long lines. :classic_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7,000 people held on cruise ship after passenger develops suspected coronavirus symptoms :classic_ohmy:

 

The Costa Smeralda cruise ship is docked in the Civitavecchia port near Rome

About 6,000 passengers and 1,000 crew aboard Costa Cruises’ Costa Smeralda ship were being held in an Italian port after a passenger from Macau, China, came down with flu-like symptoms on Wednesday night amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. :classic_sad:

As of Thursday morning, Smeralda passengers are being kept on board, pending checks, to determine the type of virus. According to The Telegraph, if the woman indeed has the coronavirus, passengers and crew could be quarantined for two weeks aboard the ship. :classic_sad:

 

Costa Smeralda cruise ship is from the new Helios-class vessels ordered by Carnival Corporation.

The new Costa, Carnival and AIDA sister ships are industry's first fully LNG-powered cruise vessels.

 

Costa Smeralda is the Sister Ship of Mardi Gras.  She was built in Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland).

She was the one being built directly in front of Mardi Gras, and was delayed 2 months. 

She went in to service on Dec 21th, instead of October 20th. :classic_mellow:

 

costa.jpg

 

Costa Smeralda  being built in Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland). 2019

costa1.jpg

 

Costa Smeralda is in the front and Mardi Gras is behind her.

1847702799.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 8:15 AM, DD474 said:

Thank You for also serving, especially during Vietnam.  THAT'S THE FACT JACK!

I was at NORAD (Air Defense Command) back in the late 70's.  I was a FF/EMT for 10 years in the 80's

Now I've been a member of Law Enforcement for 23 years now.

Guys like us, serving our country. :classic_cool:

 

I found an Army Training Video. :classic_biggrin:

 

 

strpis1.jpg

My office at Ft. Knox was just down the street from where some of the sense were filmed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shiska said:

My office at Ft. Knox was just down the street from where some of the sense were filmed.  

We all had a mission too accomplish and we did it with pride. we worked as a team

even if we did not know each other, it was for the good of country, I know that sounds corny now days.

I was assigned to the State Department in 85-86 in Egypt Our mission was to monitor the border between Egypt and Israel.

Loved every minute of it.

 Stay safe

Shiska

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shiska said:

We all had a mission too accomplish and we did it with pride. we worked as a team

even if we did not know each other, it was for the good of country, I know that sounds corny now days.

I was assigned to the State Department in 85-86 in Egypt Our mission was to monitor the border between Egypt and Israel.

Loved every minute of it.

 Stay safe

Shiska

 

Not crony at all.   We've chosen to up hold our oath and protect the United States of America.

 

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

 

I worked Egypt Air (flight 990 - Boeing 767) that crashed off of Block Island in 1999 killing 217 passenger's.

I also worked 9/11 and the Boston Bombing.

 

SO, We're team mates.

Sate Safe

DD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, beachgirl32931 said:

Aloha!  Booked a Havana Cabana cabin on this sailing.  We are Marie and Rob and we live in Merritt Island Fl.  We usually cruise either the second or third week in December and try to sail from Port Canaveral!

 

I know it's a way to go but we will be looking for others to share a snorkel adventure with radical adventures in Roatan.  It's a 6 person minimum!  We've done this before and want to do this again.  

 

Looking forward to chatting with others on this cruise.

 

 

This was posting #1 on January 31th 2019.   :classic_biggrin: One year ago today. 

Back then we had 681 days or (1 year, 10 months and 11 days) till our cruise.

Now it's 316 days or (10 months and 11 days) till our cruise. :classic_laugh:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...