Updated Elite Cocktails

begood2me

I received this as a Zenith Member.......It says the exact same thing.....Which is strange as we receive free Premium Drink Packages?  or is this a change they are telling us about now.???  Anyone know about these changes?  

6 minutes ago, cruiseerf said:

I received this as a Zenith Member.......It says the exact same thing.....Which is strange as we receive free Premium Drink Packages?  or is this a change they are telling us about now.???  Anyone know about these changes?  

Just received the email called the January Newsletter for a Elites & Up. That is where the changes are.

Edited by If only

Got off the Summit on Tuesday  and they put 3 drinks on our card. They also had unlimited drinks at the Revelations lounge 5pm to 7pm. The drinks loaded on your seapass can't be used at the martini bar or in the dining rooms.

I guess this means no 3 drink coupons on your seapass.  Just show your seapass eligibility at one of the bars and you get unlimited drinks between 5-7pm.  That's the way I read it -- no more seapass coupons and no paper coupons anywhere.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The email also clarified the benefit for access to Persian Gardens on S and M class ships.

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I did not realize there was any confusion....

Thank you for posting regardless.

bon voyage

Yes, there was a lot of confusion over the last month or so as to what the benefits were, both the happy hour and Persian Gardens access.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

56 minutes ago, keesar said:

Just wondering what percentage of cruisers have the beverage package.  

Unless you book last minute, most Celebrity cruises offer one perk.  Most take the beverage package.  If you don't drink, maybe the grats or OBC, whatever is the higher amount.  

Unless it was a last minute cruise, I don't think I would book Celebrity without the beverage package.  I drink mostly beer & wine, and a few after dinner drinks, so they make money on me.

• Thanks 1

I think it's a very good change and allows for the benefit to be taken advantage of more readily with more bars/lounges.  I think it's much better than the 3 drinks on the sea pass and I do not always want to go to the sky lounge between 5 and 7.  Now there is more flexibility and we still have the benefit for those times when you don't have a beverage package.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is good for many, but for some of us who dine late (8:30 or later)  5-7 is a no go; 5-7 is too early to have pre-dinner drinks.   We have been Elite/ E+ for 7 years and have never used a drink coupon or a drink loaded on our sea pass.  

For us extending the time to 5-8 would be a plus. 

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

We always do but still enjoy going up to the CC HH for drinks and a snack before heading to the MDR.

On our last cruise, there were about 10 of us in the Sky Lounge and we had the beverage package.  The views were spectacular and we were able to have appetizer after appetizer after....    We felt bad for the servers.   

9 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Unless you book last minute, most Celebrity cruises offer one perk.  Most take the beverage package.  If you don't drink, maybe the grats or OBC, whatever is the higher amount.  

Unless it was a last minute cruise, I don't think I would book Celebrity without the beverage package.  I drink mostly beer & wine, and a few after dinner drinks, so they make money on me.

I always keep track of our alcohol spending. Prior to becoming elite, we spent about $500 total for the two of us for a 15 day cruise.  We mostly drink wine and don't drink until happy hour.  After becoming elite, our average is about $250.

We never want the drink package on any cruise (we don't drink bottled water, expensive coffee or soda) and now only book cruises like TransAtlantics or Repos that don't price bundle.   

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I always keep track of our alcohol spending. Prior to becoming elite, we spent about $500 total for the two of us for a 15 day cruise.  We mostly drink wine and don't drink until happy hour.  After becoming elite, our average is about $250.

We never want the drink package on any cruise (we don't drink bottled water, expensive coffee or soda) and now only book cruises like TransAtlantics or Repos that don't price bundle.   

The "break even" point is, of course, $300 (or the price of gratuites)....if you drink more than that $ amount, then the drink package is a good deal.  For a 14 night cruise (TA typical length), that's $10.75 a day pp break even point.  That's pretty much a glass of wine at dinner.  

Not suggesting that your decision isn't right for you, but we still take the drink package just for that wine and the occasional bottle of water.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

The "break even" point is, of course, $300 (or the price of gratuites)....if you drink more than that $ amount, then the drink package is a good deal.  For a 14 night cruise (TA typical length), that's $10.75 a day pp break even point.  That's pretty much a glass of wine at dinner.  

Not suggesting that your decision isn't right for you, but we still take the drink package just for that wine and the occasional bottle of water.

How do you figure that's the break even point?  I'm confused.