Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

I am relatively new to RCL, so apologize in advance for my stuuuupidity!

We are booked on Odyssey And we're excited about a new Quantum class ship. I know that there are still a number of unknowns, but if anyone wishes to speculate, I'm all ears!

it appears that there are only 4/5 specialty restaurants...Chops, Izumi, Wonderland and Giovanis (I will get to Teppanyaki in a bit). Does anyone think they will add any more....like Jamie's, Hooked, Johnny Rockets or a hot dog place?

It looks like Izumi and Teppanyaki are separate restaurants as they are on different decks. I'm confused as how Teppanyaki will work. If I have the UDP, there is a $35 credit, but nothing on the menu appears to be under $40. If there is a $10 cover charge, that brings the price up to $45, but I can buy entrance for $45. What does the $45 cover that my $10+35 doesn't? Also, no where on the website does it actually SAY that Teppanyaki has a $10 cover charge with the UDP (or did I miss it?)

There are restaurant symbols on deck 5 next to Next Cruise and on deck 14 near Teppanyaki and El Loco Fresh. Does anyone know what will be in those locations? Maybe a Patisserie?

Anyone's crystal ball out of the shop yet?

17 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I am relatively new to RCL, so apologize in advance for my stuuuupidity!

We are booked on Odyssey And we're excited about a new Quantum class ship. I know that there are still a number of unknowns, but if anyone wishes to speculate, I'm all ears!

it appears that there are only 4/5 specialty restaurants...Chops, Izumi, Wonderland and Giovanis (I will get to Teppanyaki in a bit). Does anyone think they will add any more....like Jamie's, Hooked, Johnny Rockets or a hot dog place?

It looks like Izumi and Teppanyaki are separate restaurants as they are on different decks. I'm confused as how Teppanyaki will work. If I have the UDP, there is a $35 credit, but nothing on the menu appears to be under $40. If there is a $10 cover charge, that brings the price up to $45, but I can buy entrance for $45. What does the $45 cover that my $10+35 doesn't? Also, no where on the website does it actually SAY that Teppanyaki has a $10 cover charge with the UDP (or did I miss it?)

There are restaurant symbols on deck 5 next to Next Cruise and on deck 14 near Teppanyaki and El Loco Fresh. Does anyone know what will be in those locations? Maybe a Patisserie?

Anyone's crystal ball out of the shop yet?

There won’t be a Jamie’s and I doubt that there will be hooked.

hibachi is included with the UDP but there is a $10 surcharge.  The $35 applies to Izumi only.

pretty sure there will be the hot dog place and Sorrentos (free for everyone)

34 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

There are restaurant symbols on deck 5 next to Next Cruise ...

That's Two70 Cafe next to the NextCruise, and Jamie's Italian is being replaced by Giovanni's restaurant on deck 5.

20201229_220616.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dalee21860 said:

It looks like it was there in your post from December 12  thought it was kinda strange when i saw it 

I didn't notice it. That's even earlier than usual. 😋

📷 Karl-Hermann Hartmann    

211367321_Karl-HermannHartmann.jpg.bc41a7a3f0fb48dc9ef4d223081c70b4.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think there was any timetable listed for that publicly - the shipyard would want to hand it off ASAP to RCI so they can get paid. 

Correct, the shipyard would want to deliver as soon as possible to get paid and replenish that construction cash pool. Perhaps the timeline has changed or been updated now that there is a vaccine. 

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

This is primarily a video of the Disney Wish block being floated into Hall 6. You can see Odyssey at the outside dock. Also, I thought it was interesting to see how they pull the lead Tug out of the Hall.

Interesting video - have a couple wonderings, but primarily around the Disney block.  One thing I DID notice about Odyssey is that this was done prior to the conveyance bumper being attached to the bow...

Oh, and at 1:54 - anyone have a pool skimmer?

Edited by hallux

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Interesting video - have a couple wonderings, but primarily around the Disney block.  One thing I DID notice about Odyssey is that this was done prior to the conveyance bumper being attached to the bow...

Oh, and at 1:54 - anyone have a pool skimmer?

Yeah it could be that the conveyance bumper was put on then taken off and perhaps now back on. I saw some photos were the bumper was by itself near the dock.

I think they need a big pool skimmer for all that floating around 😀

A7C2023C-53F0-4729-9DC4-5DD0AF80BA80.jpeg

07469BB7-85BD-47A3-96FC-5DD3AA3780D7.jpeg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, Lloyd555 said:

Jamie's Italian is being replaced by Giovanni's restaurant on deck 5.

I did not if know this. The new Jamies with the pizza ovens sounded good but I am SO EXCITED

for Giovann's to come back.  I've had some of my favorite cruise meals at Giovanni's

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I did not if know this. The new Jamies with the pizza ovens sounded good but I am SO EXCITED

for Giovann's to come back.  I've had some of my favorite cruise meals at Giovanni's

It will be a different menu at Giovanni Kitchen table. More casual than the original Giovanni’s. There will also be the pizza ovens. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jax129 said:

I still miss the old Portofinos as well.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be a different menu at Giovanni Kitchen table. More casual than the original Giovanni’s. There will also be the pizza ovens. 

Hmmm...kind of like Jamie's...without paying for the name use?  😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

I still miss the old Portofinos as well.  

Oh Portofinos!!! That's what I was thinking, we actually didn't care for Giovonnis the one time we ate there....lol.  I'm probably gonna stick with Main dining room & the buffett anyway on this cruise