Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

On December 30, 2019 at 10:06 AM, Lloyd555 said:

We'll have to wait until mid February 2020 until the P&O Iona floats out and the Odysseys of the Seas' first mega block floats back in. Right now the second mega block is waaayyy over there in front of Iona.

Updated webcam image from Hall 6 on 1/7/2020

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live close to Meyer Werft and saw that you can do a tour there. Since I am sailing on Odyssey I would like to see the ship being build. 

Does anyone know what would be a good month / period to go do the tour and be certain of seeing this particular ship? 

37 minutes ago, Marga.Anders said:

Does anyone know what would be a good month / period to go do the tour and be certain of seeing this particular ship? 

If you want to see the Odyssey you should tour the ship yard after the Iona has docked out (mid February). Then the mega block which is currently in the wharf basin will go back into the building hall and be "married" with the other mega block still inside. After that the bow and aft blocks are being added.

Latest might be September... I assume the float out of the Odyessey will be in the first two weeks of September. Then app. two weeks in the wharf basin and then the Ems river conveyance.

So somewhen in spring or early summer would be a good idea.

Papenburg Marketing is doing the tours.

steamboats

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but it appears they are missing a davit for the additional life boat. There is a need for two davits on either side to secure the lifeboats in place, but I’m not seeing that. I see enough to hold the smaller speed rescuer and the smaller life boat, but no additional davit to secure the left side of what would be the larger lifeboat. However, I do see the additional David to secure the right side. Again, I may be mistaking, and I’m only curious as I was looking to reserve a cabin in this area. Any additional info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 hours ago, onecoolchic said:

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but it appears they are missing a davit for the additional life boat. There is a need for two davits on either side to secure the lifeboats in place, but I’m not seeing that. I see enough to hold the smaller speed rescuer and the smaller life boat, but no additional davit to secure the left side of what would be the larger lifeboat. However, I do see the additional David to secure the right side. Again, I may be mistaking, and I’m only curious as I was looking to reserve a cabin in this area. Any additional info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I had noticed the same thing a couple of months ago and assumed the other side wasn't installed yet. 

We interrupt this program with some photos. 😜

I guess that they'll be painting all the ship hulls blue from now on?

First Voyager of the Seas, and now Freedom of the Seas.

📷 @cruceros_pr

blue freedom.JPG

blue freedom 1.JPG

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

We interrupt this program with some photos. 😜

I guess that they'll be painting all the ship hulls blue from now on?

First Voyager of the Seas, and now Freedom of the Seas.

📷 @cruceros_pr

That seems to be the paint color of choice for a bit now...so all drydock updates will likely continue to feature it as well.

At least they don't have Mrs. Jones 3rd Grade class doing their hull painting swiggly multi-colored lines as featured on that other cruise line... 😱 😝 🤣

21 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

That seems to be the paint color of choice for a bit now...so all drydock updates will likely continue to feature it as well.

At least they don't have Mrs. Jones 3rd Grade class doing their hull painting swiggly multi-colored lines as featured on that other cruise line... 😱 😝 🤣

I happen to like the beautiful colorful hull of Encore.  The more you see the better it gets.

I don't like the fact that all RCI ships are getting same color as Oasis and Quantum.  I think they should pick a different hue.

I do like the dark color of Celebrity and it is not the same dark as say HAL or DCL/