Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Really can’t go wrong with any drink at the Alchemy.

 

Oh yes, you can. While I enjoyed most of the drinks I've gotten there, I still won't forget the first drink I had there, the Alchemist's Sidecar. Since we were doing pay as you go and I hate wasting anything (especially an 11 dollar drink), I forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't easy. DH on the other hand thought it was good, but then he didn't like the Caribbean Manhattan we tried next that I thought was awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first drink on board is the Cruiser

 

Ingredients

1 oz skyy vodka
1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1 1/4 oz Cranberry Juice
1 1/4 oz Orange Juice
1 1/4 oz Pineapple Juice

Directions
1. Shake all ingredients with ice
2. Pour into a glass, garnish with a orange slice and cherry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, schazzy said:

 

Oh yes, you can. While I enjoyed most of the drinks I've gotten there, I still won't forget the first drink I had there, the Alchemist's Sidecar. Since we were doing pay as you go and I hate wasting anything (especially an 11 dollar drink), I forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't easy. DH on the other hand thought it was good, but then he didn't like the Caribbean Manhattan we tried next that I thought was awesome.  

Stinks when we get a drink or meal anywhere that doesn’t make our mouths want to do a happy dance.  I like to recommend the Alchemy as the mixologists will create a drink based off your preferences.  They did that for DH who is mainly a beer guy and he didn’t leave the bar for quite a while after that concoction 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

My “kick-off” drink used to be Strongbow, but Carnival got rid of that several years ago. So I turned to Bud Light Lime to start off every cruise, only to find out on Miracle in December that Carnival got rid of that beer. So now I am faced with a big decision to make when I board Sunshine in less than two weeks. 

 

Carnival carries Angry Orchard.  It's a bit sweeter than Strongbow (yum) but still a decent cider.  I think you get a little more in an AO can vs. Strongbow too.

 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:42 AM, babe97 said:

I really love a Red's Remedy from the rum bar. I have no idea what is in it but it's delicious! My old go to was the green iguana from the tequila bar, but after realizing I was having sudden but mild asthma attacks after drinking them, I discovered I'm allergic to midori. So I know it has tequila and midori in it, but not sure what else. 

 

That's so sad, I enjoy a lot of midori based drinks on Carnival.  Glad you were able to find something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sidecar at the Alchemy bar. Chocolate Martinis at the atrium bar.  We also have had a bartender make a green tea shot not sure what was in it but it was good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, RTR 21-0 said:

Stinks when we get a drink or meal anywhere that doesn’t make our mouths want to do a happy dance.  I like to recommend the Alchemy as the mixologists will create a drink based off your preferences.  They did that for DH who is mainly a beer guy and he didn’t leave the bar for quite a while after that concoction 😂

Looking forward to trying Alchemy for the first time on the Breeze next week since I have Cheers for the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiss on the Lips is my first "go to" drink when I board. That frozen mango/peach goodness says "It's cruise time!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC (Baileys Banana Colada)

Not sure what’s in it but it’s creamy and frozen and delicious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mimxmom said:

BBC (Baileys Banana Colada)

Not sure what’s in it but it’s creamy and frozen and delicious!

Ummmmm yeah this will definitely be had 1st instead of my usual pina colada on our April cruise.   Sounds so good! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, GMRPHRN said:

Looking forward to trying Alchemy for the first time on the Breeze next week since I have Cheers for the first time.

Wishing you a fun & safe cruise. 

Edited by RTR 21-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always start with a Funship special, then I switch to a Miami Vice (half Pina Colada and half Strawberry Daiquiri) and alternate with a Twilight Zone1 oz Bacardi Light Rum. 1/2 oz Melon Liqueur. 1 1/2 oz Coconut Cream. 5 oz Crushed Ice. Float of Blue Caracao.

 

I also like a good Mojito and hope the Havana Bar on the Sunshine next week makes a good one.  Also looking forward to trying more than The Deal Closer at the Alchemy Bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

My “kick-off” drink used to be Strongbow, but Carnival got rid of that several years ago. So I turned to Bud Light Lime to start off every cruise, only to find out on Miracle in December that Carnival got rid of that beer. So now I am faced with a big decision to make when I board Sunshine in less than two weeks. 

 

Any feedback from your recent trip?  Did they have the bud light lime by chance?  Fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start with a bucket of Bud light, and then a nice sipping drink like a Manhatten or rusty nail, and another bucket...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually start with either a Long Island or a Kiss on the Lips.  More so the Long Island as it packs more of a punch :classic_biggrin:.  DH always starts with a Funship Special.  It's a Funship Special and a Guys burger - never fails!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I always get the Cheers package. I have three favorites. Kiss on the Lips is my first drink on board, Its very sweet so I can not drink too many, Its the "I am finally back on board drink". I also love the Lynchburg on Serenity deck. It is very strong and you can not have any worries after this drink.

 Lynchburg Lemonade Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Patrón Citrónge and Lemonade.

I also love the Spicy Re-Mix its on the NightClub menu but other bars on board will make it. 

Spicy Re-Mix  Jack Daniel’s, chipotle peppers, lemonade, pineapple juice and cool mint leaves.

But I have to admit that I can not drink many of these drinks and my goto drink Is Titos and diet Sprite in a tall glass.

We also like to go to Alchemy Bar and get special just for us drinks made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 6:21 AM, tonyhb12 said:

 

Any feedback from your recent trip?  Did they have the bud light lime by chance?  Fingers crossed...

 

Carnival no longer carries/sells Bud Light Lime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Fashioned

 

Even better when the Alchemy staff makes their own version of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Old Fashioned

 

Even better when the Alchemy staff makes their own version of it. 

 

I just looked it up, I'm gonna have to try that! I don't know why I missed that one last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...