Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I am new to the forum but I booked the TA aboard the Mardi Gras which originates in London.  The problem is the Carnival main page says London (Dover) and my itinerary on the Carnival booking says Southampton.  Does anyone know which port Carnival will sail out of, Dover or Southampton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hogs1985 said:

I am new to the forum but I booked the TA aboard the Mardi Gras which originates in London.  The problem is the Carnival main page says London (Dover) and my itinerary on the Carnival booking says Southampton.  Does anyone know which port Carnival will sail out of, Dover or Southampton?

.

Two years out? and the ship isn't even built yet?

And you expect firm details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puschi1906 said:

On the German Carnival website it says Southampton. But who knows.... 🙂

.

CAN Dover even accommodate such a large ship?

 

I have no idea -just asking a question..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  I went and looked just now and mine now has Southampton.  Appreciate the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

.

CAN Dover even accommodate such a large ship?

 

I have no idea -just asking a question..

I don't know. But all cruiseships which go to Dover so far are much smaller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved sailing out of Southampton.  We took the train down the morning before and stayed at the Ibis Inn withing sight of the cruise ship docks.

 

Thanks to a Rick Steves guide book we went straight to the local laundromat and had a grand time talking with the locals while we did our wash - we'd been touring the UK for 2 weeks since doing laundry in Inverness Scotland after our first week and 1/2 😀 It's a great way to meet real locals.

 

We checked in at the hotel then went to a museum near the docks with a lot of sailing history.  We then wandered up toward town and stumbled upon the Red Lion Inn built in the late 15th/early 16th century, at 55 High Street.

After a couple of pints at the Inn where the barkeep was happy to entertain us with the history of the place we strolled farther in land and finally hailed a cab for the hotel after a quick stop in a shop for Cornish Pastys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, summersigh said:

Loved sailing out of Southampton.  We took the train down the morning before and stayed at the Ibis Inn withing sight of the cruise ship docks.

 

Thanks to a Rick Steves guide book we went straight to the local laundromat and had a grand time talking with the locals while we did our wash - we'd been touring the UK for 2 weeks since doing laundry in Inverness Scotland after our first week and 1/2 😀 It's a great way to meet real locals.

 

We checked in at the hotel then went to a museum near the docks with a lot of sailing history.  We then wandered up toward town and stumbled upon the Red Lion Inn built in the late 15th/early 16th century, at 55 High Street.

After a couple of pints at the Inn where the barkeep was happy to entertain us with the history of the place we strolled farther in land and finally hailed a cab for the hotel after a quick stop in a shop for Cornish Pastys.

Thanks.  We were planning on flying in to Gatwick the day before and taking the train to Southampton. I appreciate the hotel and pub recommendations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...