Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
johnatsis

Chairs removed to make more room?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Has anyone ever experienced Princess reversing a decision? Is anyone in head office listening ( or caring )?

 

Yes. When the Regal (I think) first sailed, Princess tried to institute a $10 cover charge for eating in Alfredo's. (It did include a glass of wine whether you wanted it or not.)

 

That was reversed relatively quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been reading this thread and agree that the young people working at Princess made a very poor and unsensitive decision.  We have passed our 80th birthdays  and some days just need a chair WITH arms.  We have always missed the small sofas found on other lines but booked Princess anyway at times relying on the 2 chairs.  We have a cruise coming up soon on Regal and are hoping to find the chairS.  The ship has no deluxe balconies left so will stay in our regular and hope for the best.  I hesitate to write Princess now since I do not know what we will find, but I definitely will write a letter of complaint after the cruise if we do not find 2 chairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TracieABD said:

I am not happy about this. Does anyone know if they are taking out the aux chair in a mini on the Coral?

I think it's interior and standard balcony cabins only. We did not have a chair in our standard balcony on the Crown last week, but the table was still there. Missed it terribly.
I think mini suites and up are ok. For now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TriumphGuy said:

I think it's interior and standard balcony cabins only. We did not have a chair in our standard balcony on the Crown last week, but the table was still there. Missed it terribly.
I think mini suites and up are ok. For now.

 

Thank you... It will be a long 34 days with just a couch and a desk chair... not that I am complaining (well, too much)- the extra comfy chair would be very nice to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 3:53 AM, caribill said:

 

If that is the reason, we had better hope nobody trips on the bed frame.

Too late. Been there, done that. Painful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This and the many other changes Princess has made over the past few years is causing us to cancel our Princess Alaskan cruise.  It would have been our 30th Princess cruise.  We have 355 days on Princess but I'm afraid we not accrue any more.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with Viking Ocean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreasier said:

This and the many other changes Princess has made over the past few years is causing us to cancel our Princess Alaskan cruise.  It would have been our 30th Princess cruise.  We have 355 days on Princess but I'm afraid we not accrue any more.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with Viking Ocean.

 

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Revenue talks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Has anyone ever experienced Princess reversing a decision? Is anyone in head office listening ( or caring )?

 

At one time they started charging for Alfredo's but had such an outcry that they reversed that decision.  If enough people contact Jan Swart's office and not the regular customer service dept. they may reverse this decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ep010835 said:

 

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Revenue talks!!

Absolutely agree!  Send correspondence to Jan Swartz.......the more the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

 

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Revenue talks!!

Done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

At one time they started charging for Alfredo's but had such an outcry that they reversed that decision.  If enough people contact Jan Swart's office and not the regular customer service dept. they may reverse this decision. 

That change only required a simple notification to the Regal’s staff to eliminate the fee.  When rescinding that policy change they said the fee was eliminated due to a lack of providing advance notice before adding a fee.  That was a financial decision not disclosed to passengers but making physical changes does not require advance notice.

 

Restoring the table & chairs which are probably somewhere on land or have already been disposed of is different than a quick policy change.  Space on ships is limited & it’s doubtful to me they would store any chairs onboard for anyone requesting one.

 

Initially when they decided to follow the industry norm by requiring prepayment for tours they didn’t allow using OBC.  They received pushback on that change & eventually modified their policy to use OBC to pay in advance.  That’s another example of a policy change that didn’t require any physical changes such as the removal of tables & chairs.

 

I’m also upset by the removal of the chairs in balcony & interior cabins and hopefully the effort to have them replaced or at the very least to stop removing them is successful.  However the logistics of this situation is not the same as the simple policy change rescinding the fee for Alfredo’s.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

 

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Revenue talks!!

and Done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward.  She also said that they were tracking emails on the subject but could not say whether anything would change.  At least they do read them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mreasier said:

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward.  She also said that they were tracking emails on the subject but could not say whether anything would change.  At least they do read them.

Thanks Wayne...those CSRs have always been pleasant with me when I respectfully disagree with some aspect of my cruise experience.  However they don’t make policy & have the job of being a conduit between passengers & management who make the decisions.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mreasier said:

This and the many other changes Princess has made over the past few years is causing us to cancel our Princess Alaskan cruise.  It would have been our 30th Princess cruise.  We have 355 days on Princess but I'm afraid we not accrue any more.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with Viking Ocean.

 

Is your cabin on the Viking Ocean cruise in a similar category and at a similar price to a balcony or ocean view cabin on Princess? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the CSRs in the U.K. replied to my email on this subject.  She said the removal of the chair was being trialled on 2 ships but from this thread it is apparent that that is not the case.  She did say she had got her info from Princess USA and that they were monitoring any complaints that were received.  Another case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mreasier said:

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward.  She also said that they were tracking emails on the subject but could not say whether anything would change.  At least they do read them.

Did you tell her that if they removed the beds they could save even more space and it would make just about as much sense?

Edited by mnocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Did you tell her that if they removed the beds they could save even more space and it would make just about as much sense?

 

Do you really think that making a smart-aleck remark like that is going to do any good at all?  Why give the poor person who has to answer the phone any grief he/she has absolutely no control over the situation at all so why be sarcastic with them?  The only thing that does, besides maybe make you feel better is to make their job more stressful.

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

The email does not work. Can you check it to be sure it is correct?

The jscwartz@princesscruises.com email addresses does not appear to be functional. Got a bounce back saying it does not exist. 

 

Edited by TriumphGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

The jscwartz@princesscruises.com email addresses does not appear to be functional. Got a bounce back saying it does not exist. 

 

 

 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Remove the "c".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Neither the jscwartz@princesscruises.com nor the customerrelations@princesscruises.com email addresses appear to be functional. Got a bounce back on both. They don't want to hear from us. Typical customer service response here in the US these days.

 

If that’s the email address you’re using for Jan Swartz that’s why it got bounced back because you misspelled her last name...it’s jswartz@princesscruises.com 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...