Coco Cay

Hello friends, Coco Cay is still tendering correct? I’m sailing on a mariner on a 2 day and Coco Cay is the only stop. Was a on a cruise a few years and coco Cay was skipped because we we unable to tender. Hope it doesn’t happen this time! 

40 minutes ago, L0VES2travel said:

Hello friends, Coco Cay is still tendering correct? I’m sailing on a mariner on a 2 day and Coco Cay is the only stop. Was a on a cruise a few years and coco Cay was skipped because we we unable to tender. Hope it doesn’t happen this time! 

When is your cruise.  I don’t see any 2 day cruises listed for Mariner...only 3 and 4 day cruises.

We were at CocoCay last week. The pier looks to be about 50 percent completed. There is a lot of construction going on with the noise that usually goes along with being in a construction zone. There seems to be a lot less shade than there used to be. Shade umbrella are $25 each. A lot of the island is walled off. There used to be a lovely, quiet section that you could walk to, but it is now blocked. I know Royal is 'improving' the island, but for us, we enjoyed the peace and tranquility of what CocoCay used to be.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When is your cruise.  I don’t see any 2 day cruises listed for Mariner...only 3 and 4 day cruises.

I am not the OP but we have a 2 night scheduled for February 22. My guess is there was a 5 night charter and our 2 night helps get the ship back on correct schedule. 

Our only stop is Coco Cay

Op - If you are on the FEB 22 cruise, the pier will not be ready.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

34 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

We were at CocoCay last week. The pier looks to be about 50 percent completed. There is a lot of construction going on with the noise that usually goes along with being in a construction zone. There seems to be a lot less shade than there used to be. Shade umbrella are $25 each. A lot of the island is walled off. There used to be a lovely, quiet section that you could walk to, but it is now blocked. I know Royal is 'improving' the island, but for us, we enjoyed the peace and tranquility of what CocoCay used to be.

We were there yesterday.  No beach sections were blocked. There is new fencing, and a section of some beach chairs has been removed, but the beach remains untouched and the “ quiet” areas are still there. 

M

11 hours ago, psternklar said:

Was there a few days ago on Anthem.  Captain announced the pier should be completed end of April, early May but construction is very weather dependent.

HMMMMMM, I thought that Perfect Day was supposed to be completed in May.  😄

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am not the OP but we have a 2 night scheduled for February 22. My guess is there was a 5 night charter and our 2 night helps get the ship back on correct schedule. 

Our only stop us Coco Csy

Op - If you are on the FEB 22 cruise, the pier will not be ready. We were there yesterday, and there is s lot to complete. 

M

Thanks, the online site I use didn’t list it and Royals site for TA’s didn’t show the charter after it so I missed it.  

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were there yesterday.  No beach sections were blocked. There is new fencing, and a section of some beach chairs has been removed, but the beach remains untouched and the “ quiet” areas are still there. 

M

The spot we used to like to go to is blocked. It was beyond where the current beach beds are located. We discovered it a few years ago. There were a couple of lounge chairs there and a picnic table with a little thatched roof. We would go there every time we went to CocoCay. The walking trail behind the beaches would also get you there. That whole area, including the trail, is now blocked. Last week we did manage to find some chairs in a shaded area, but it turned out it was right next to the path where all the golf carts and shuttle vans go back and forth. It was like sitting in the middle of an interstate. (OK, I exaggerate).

2 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

The spot we used to like to go to is blocked. It was beyond where the current beach beds are located. We discovered it a few years ago. There were a couple of lounge chairs there and a picnic table with a little thatched roof. We would go there every time we went to CocoCay. The walking trail behind the beaches would also get you there. That whole area, including the trail, is now blocked. Last week we did manage to find some chairs in a shaded area, but it turned out it was right next to the path where all the golf carts and shuttle vans go back and forth. It was like sitting in the middle of an interstate. (OK, I exaggerate).

Thx. Sorry,  we only went as far as the beach beds/bungalows.  I thought you meant the beach just past the wave runner area. 

M

1 hour ago, Envelope21 said:

Feel exactly the same.  Theme park score one...Mother Nature zero.  😞  Heading there in a couple of days on EN.  Will not be spending as much time on the island as we would in the past.  Lost our favorite thing to do, nature trail to other end.  Sad.  

55 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Yup, know the spot.  We used to call it "the point".  Loved hanging there, great view, nice breeze...quiet.   They started removing things, the table, then the chairs, not even sure if

the little tiki pole umbrella is there any longer.  Will check it out in a couple of days, but agree...I don't think there is a way to get up there now.  Not a fan of the changes.  

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, know the spot.  We used to call it "the point".  Loved hanging there, great view, nice breeze...quiet.   They started removing things, the table, then the chairs, not even sure if

the little tiki pole umbrella is there any longer.  Will check it out in a couple of days, but agree...I don't think there is a way to get up there now.  Not a fan of the changes.  

When we were there last week, it was low tide and you could actually get to that point by walking on the beach. But there was a sign there that says you can't go there and I didn't want to push it. 

2 hours ago, SRF said:

HMMMMMM, I thought that Perfect Day was supposed to be completed in May.  😄

I was looking at booking a cruise.  The sailings I looked at in may were advertising they are perfect day sailings but if you scrolled all the way down there was a blurb that Perfect Day won't be fully operational until the of the year.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If not, heads will roll. There are many  larger ships scheduled to stop there as early as May.   We have a mid May Harmony cruise scheduled to stop there. 

M

It might turn in a sea day if the pier isn't done yet.

15 hours ago, L0VES2travel said:

Just an FYI - We missed Castaway Cay twice with DCL because we were unable to dock due to weather. The captain told us that had it been a tender port, we'd have been fine. So you just never know. There's seems to be this belief that people won't miss the port once the dock is completed, and that isn't necessarily the case.

We had a stop there last week.  While we didn't go ashore, we spent a lot of time looking at it through binoculars.   The workers are working on "island" time.  Work is going very slowly.  I don't think the water park will be completed before the end of the year at the earliest.  I would be surprised if the pier is ready for May.  The barges that were doing work for the end of the pier took a lot of time setting up and ended the work after a few hours to return to the other side of the island.

Wish they would stop advertising the 'Perfect Day at CocoCay" until it is close to completion.  It's making cruisers expect a lot more than what is currently available.

6 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Just an FYI - We missed Castaway Cay twice with DCL because we were unable to dock due to weather. The captain told us that had it been a tender port, we'd have been fine. So you just never know. There's seems to be this belief that people won't miss the port once the dock is completed, and that isn't necessarily the case.

Agree, this is what lot of people don't realize...

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Probably because most newer ships don't outfit any of their ships with Tender lifeboats like the older ships had. We were in St. Maartan this week and of the four ships in port, only the Celebrity Summit had Tenders.