Norwegian Epic - 27 April 2019 - TransAtlantic to Barcelona

Flybear

Greetings to all!

I could have sworn that I had previously come across a roll-call for this sailing coming up, but for the life of me, I can't locate it......

With that said, here goes.........

I'm Greg, and along with my husband Jeremy, we'll be enjoying this 15nt crossing.

We have previously done this (nearly) identical itinerary back on 01April 2017.  In fact, we even have the same exact Spa Mini-suite!  (the one with the super-wide, cocktail party sized balcony......  hint, hint!!)

While on past cruises, we've never much engaged with others, as we both rather enjoy the anonymity of being unknown in a sea of 5000 other cruisers.....  haha....  but last year, we did something a little different;  we cruised on Princess, and decided to enjoy the LGBTQ evening events.  We were hooked.  We met such a diverse group of people, and found that we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know so many nice people.  

As such, we've decided that we'll be making a point of attending as many events onboard this sailing coming up.  If there is already another roll-call in existence, please feel free to send me the link and I'll join that one.....

In the photos, you'll see the bowling alley sized balcony, and a photo of Jeremy (L) and myself (R).

Looking forward to setting sail on 27th of April.......

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Greg! Where are you departing from? I'm on a 15 day transatlantic to Barcelona starting April 27, but I'm departing from Miami, and my ship is Norwegian Star. Is there a second transatlantic happening departing the same date and going to the same place?

We are Bill, Arthur and John and we will be coming from Seattle to go on the Epic transatlantic as well.  We did a transatlantic on the Norwegian Getaway a few years ago and the LGBT events were so active the cruise director ended up having to find a bigger venue to hold the meetup each night.  We made several friends we are still close with.  We are hoping this cruise is just as active.

The Norwegian Star and the Norwegian Epic are doing nearly identical cruises.  The only differences are the embarkation and disembarkation ports.  We will be in the same ports of call on the same day the rest of the cruise.

Unfortunately we won’t be sailing with you but I did want to let you know that friends who sailed Epic’s spring TA a few years ago said their was a huge gay group aboard -not Atlantis or anything, just guys who met over the years and have made it a tradition to sail Epic’s Transatlantics. Our friends were unaware of the group but said they were friendly and they got to know some of them.  With your great balcony I am sure you will end of with many new friends!

Have a great cruise-we will be ahead of you by about two weeks on Viking-we will try not to ruin the ports or Europe before you arrive! LOL