IMG_7539_zpswdhlygz5.jpg

IMG_7571_zpsne5busrr.jpg

and all too soon it was time to start making our way back to the ship

IMG_7598_zpscal5puxu.jpg

IMG_9539_zpslxvvlpvx.jpg

We also saw some small rodents here under the brush

IMG_9949-002_zps914bf85f.jpg

• Like 1

Have been following all of your outstanding images.  We are doing this cruise in 2020.  It appears that most of your shore excursions were private/small group and not through the ship.  Is this the case?   If you have time please share the companies that you used as we normally don't do ship tours.   Thanks again for these great images.

27 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Have been following all of your outstanding images.  We are doing this cruise in 2020.  It appears that most of your shore excursions were private/small group and not through the ship.  Is this the case?   If you have time please share the companies that you used as we normally don't do ship tours.   Thanks again for these great images.

Thank you.

Yes, we usually use private tours and rarely use ship tours. 

For Puerto Montt and Buenos Aires, we used Toursbylocals.

We joined a small group from CC in Castro and Chacabuco, Top Private Tours. 

We used Solo Expeditions, in Punta Arenas, but it was hardly a "private tour". We can not say we would recommend. This may be a case where you take the ships tour or someone else.

We had booked with Patagonia Explorer, we missed Ushuaia, and they refunded our deposit. We have used them in the past and were happy.

Stanley, we used Estancia Excursions. You book private but you do share with 2 other people. They have a total of 4 per vehicle.

In Puerto Madryn, we used Sentir Patagonia.

15 hours ago, Shebba said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread. Your pictures are beautiful and I love reading about your experiences. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adventure with us!!

Thank you for coming on the trip with us .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shebba said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread. Your pictures are beautiful and I love reading about your experiences. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adventure with us!!

Thank you for your kind words , they are greatly appreciated !

• Like 1

I will really miss your reports and pictures.  I know I will go through withdrawal after following your trip and viewing in my opinion Best Pictures “Oscar” for cruise ship photograpy.  When I feel I need a fix will just have to reread your posts.  Safe travels home.

Mary

7 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I will really miss your reports and pictures.  I know I will go through withdrawal after following your trip and viewing in my opinion Best Pictures “Oscar” for cruise ship photograpy.  When I feel I need a fix will just have to reread your posts.  Safe travels home.

Mary

You are extremely kind and generous with your words Mary . It means a lot to us . 

On 3/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you.

Yes, we usually use private tours and rarely use ship tours. 

For Puerto Montt and Buenos Aires, we used Toursbylocals.

We joined a small group from CC in Castro and Chacabuco, Top Private Tours. 

We used Solo Expeditions, in Punta Arenas, but it was hardly a "private tour". We can not say we would recommend. This may be a case where you take the ships tour or someone else.

We had booked with Patagonia Explorer, we missed Ushuaia, and they refunded our deposit. We have used them in the past and were happy.

Stanley, we used Estancia Excursions. You book private but you do share with 2 other people. They have a total of 4 per vehicle.

In Puerto Madryn, we used Sentir Patagonia.

Thank you so much.  I have really enjoyed your excellent images and I hope that we see some of the same wild life on our trip in 2020.  Be Well!

Soup before broth

DSC05228_zpsxllzz7l9.jpg

DSC05234_zpskqcvtzdl.jpg

DSC05236_zpsxgfslecd.jpg

DSC05239_zpsimayrrjw.jpg

The sunset before Montevideo

DSC05245_zps9xrktz9x.jpg

We received several pieces of information :

After almost 3 weeks we could pick up our passports .

We learned the name of the hotel that HAL booked for us as part of the Signature Experience Package . We were given 2 nights in the hotel and the tour and transfers by HAL after we booked the Neptune Suite 

DSC07671_zpsny6vsjxs.jpg

We received this letter from the Captain before arriving in Buenos Aires

DSC05782%202_zpswpsxr9yr.jpg

• Like 1

We still remembered Montevideo from our previous trip there in 2013 . We would like to share some memories from that trip before we share our most recent trip .

In Montevideo we found our friend from Ushuaia , the ADIA cara had already docked

IMG_2723-001_zps67f4dcac.jpg

We had decided to DIY in Montevideo with our friends Daniel and Sarah. We were greeted by some people on quay offering a free ride to a leather factory located at Plaza Independencia which is where we began our walking tour. This is approximately the route that we walked

Screenshot%202019-04-02%2007.25.16_zpsn2

After leaving the shop , we saw this statue of Artigas "the father of Uruguayan nationhood"

IMG_2730-001_zpse1a3d50a.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Gervasio_Artigas

At the end of the square is this beautiful building , Palacio Salvo

IMG_2731-001_zps2fe9589a.jpg

Our next stop was at the Plaza Constitution where a flea market was being set up. They had some interesting antiques with good prices , but we were very limited weight in the amount of weight that we could carry on the upcoming flights.

IMG_2744-001_zps78bfa322.jpg

As we walked a little farther down the Sarandi pedestrian mall we saw a lot of excitement going on. I couldn't resist videoing this happy couple's big moment !!

4cfb4cc1-79dc-4d4d-a34b-4096ab2bf331_zpsawnky0rw.jpg

• Like 2

Many of the shops on the street that we walked by , and went into , had a distinctly European feel. Except for all of the Coke signs that we saw everywhere !

IMG_2754-001_zpsee2176fc.jpg

L1100565_zps1379c442.jpg

And a solo Pepsi sign at the Beatles BAR

IMG_2765-001_zpsa3d61e2c.jpg

We wandered into the Estancia del Puerto at 11:30 am , and the place was empty

IMG_2775-001_zpse95e5f50.jpg

And found what we really wanted - Asado on the Parrilla !!

L1100572-001_zps07bf3e08.jpg

The grilling process is better appreciated in this video clip :

We found a table and ordered drinks , steak and chorizo . We were enjoying our drinks and our friend's company when we noticed that the place was filling up - Fast . Soon , our lunch arrived and the smell was incredible !! After tasting we realized that we had found meat heaven . It was more than just a lunch. It is the Quintessential dining experience of South America.

As you can see in this video - We were not alone !

Before we knew it , it was time to re board the Zaandam. And set sail for Buenos Aires .

IMG_2779-001_zps207d9268.jpg

• Like 1