Cruise Critic Community
cggurl

Breakfast Pizza

I'll be on the Dream in a couple weeks. I know pizza is 24/7...is breakfast pizza, which I love, served in the morning? 

I'm pretty sure she's asking if there's a different type of pizza available at breakfast. I can't answer that for certain, but I don't recall ever seeing different options at different times of day.

4 minutes ago, Bahbert said:

I'm pretty sure she's asking if there's a different type of pizza available at breakfast. I can't answer that for certain, but I don't recall ever seeing different options at different times of day.

No different options at breakfast.  I suppose you could get cheese pizza & customize it with items from the buffet...

17 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, regular menu in effect 24/7.

I've seen someone like it on the buffet once, but as far as the pizza place goes, nope, only regular pizza. 

1 hour ago, cggurl said:

I'll be on the Dream in a couple weeks. I know pizza is 24/7...is breakfast pizza, which I love, served in the morning? 

That's actually a great idea as my dad and husband ate pizza for breakfast almost everyday on our cruise last week lol. They don't have an actual pizza w/ eggs/ bacon & what not on it..... but they do have the normal pizza available. 

I'm an early riser.  On my last cruise we were having some rough seas, and I was up about 4am and feeling a little queasy.  So, to get something in my stomach, I got some pizza.  It was great and did the trick.

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

No different options at breakfast.  I suppose you could get cheese pizza & customize it with items from the buffet...

I will definitely do that!! That leaves a bunch of options! Thanks!!

I love breakfast pizza! But the toppings would need to be baked on, not added later from the buffet (to then-cold pizza).

3 hours ago, naxer said:

I'm an early riser.  On my last cruise we were having some rough seas, and I was up about 4am and feeling a little queasy.  So, to get something in my stomach, I got some pizza.  It was great and did the trick.

I remember reading several years ago that a person is more likely to experience sea sickness if they have an empty stomach than if they've recently had something to eat. Maybe that's why Carnival has food available 24 hours a day, either from room service or the pizza station.

13 hours ago, ElCrappyTan said:

I've seen someone like it on the buffet once,

but as far as the pizza place goes, nope, only regular pizza. 

-

- and it's not great.

Carnival's pizza has always disappointed and underwhelmed.

It's the one food dept. they could seriously improve upon.

I make a point of eating pizza all over the world if I can

and Carnival's pizza (on all ships I've ever been on)

rank about as low as that tiresome thing that came to table in Genoa....

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

-

.......Carnival's pizza has always disappointed and underwhelmed.......

I used to feel that way too, but enough people seemed to love it so I just wrote it off as a personal choice thing. 

Then a few years ago they actually changed the pizza and I find it a lot better than the old pizza.  It's not my favorite by far, but I can actually enjoy it now.  If they're currently serving personal sized pizzas they might have changed it once again...... guess I'll find out in about 10 days.