Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
fuzzychop1

Jet skis in Cabo

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know where we can rent "unguided" jet skis for an hour or so in Cabo?

Please and thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you get ashore, grab a water taxi to the beach -- Medano Beach.  They have jet skis available there.  I have never rented them there, and I have no idea of the cost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head to The Office on the beach. Jet skis run around $130-175 for an hour (iirc from my trip in 2016 to Cabo). Cash, USD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Head to The Office on the beach. Jet skis run around $130-175 for an hour (iirc from my trip in 2016 to Cabo). Cash, USD. 

Can we walk there from port? This is our first time in Cabo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can walk, but it'll be much faster via water taxi.

 

i highlighted in yellow you walk path and dark red the water taxi usual path.

 

we've walked and water taxi'd. walking back to the boat is nicer in that you can shop along the port where there's lots of stores (tequila, mexican art, mexican glassware, clothing and most importantly, margaritas, beer and amazing food).

 

we also always eat at The Office. it's a family tradition. their guac is amazing, food is top notch and margaritas STRONG.

 

along the beach in front of The Office you will find many vendors renting jet skis. you can negotiate some with them. be careful tho as some will try stick you with "damages" BS if they think you're abusing their jetski. as in, don't flip it over and waterlog it and don't hit other objects (other jetskis).

 

you'll be jetskiing in the same area near your ship. it's pretty cool to see how massive these cruise ships are while on a jetski.

 

just googlemaps The Office Cabo. Here's a zoomed out link so you can see your proximity from beach to ship: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Office+on+the+Beach/@22.884405,-109.9084171,2476m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86af4ae2d8be41b9:0x70d020c18ede8679!8m2!3d22.8870473!4d-109.9050993

 

 

CSL.png

Edited by CA_Cruzing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, thank you CA_Cruising! This is very helpful. We are so looking forward to a new port. We have family in Mazatlan and have been to PV several times so we know exactly what we are going to do at both of those stops. In Cabo we are just looking for a relaxing on our own day with good food, good drinks and good beach and hopefully some jet skiing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuzzychop1 said:

WOW, thank you CA_Cruising! This is very helpful. We are so looking forward to a new port. We have family in Mazatlan and have been to PV several times so we know exactly what we are going to do at both of those stops. In Cabo we are just looking for a relaxing on our own day with good food, good drinks and good beach and hopefully some jet skiing!!!

have a great trip and make some memories! enjoy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are thinking about The Office.  Do you get hounded with beach vendors there?  Would you recommend anywhere else that is not as crowded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ciship said:

We are thinking about The Office.  Do you get hounded with beach vendors there?  Would you recommend anywhere else that is not as crowded?

Cabo is a busy town. Depending on when you visit will determine how busy Cabo is. 

 

Yeah, there’s beach vendors. We’re used to them. If you’re inside The Office’s seating area the vendors are not permitted inside to bother you. 

 

As as for food or drink, you can cruise google maps while home and read reviews of other restaurants. We like The Office as their food and drinks are nearly perfect. Living in CA mex food is prevelant here. The Office is a notch better and their seafood is top notch. 

 

Cabo is very CA pricing. Mazatlan and PV are much better values for food and beer. 

 

It all depends on the vibe and scene you’re looking for in Cabo. There are lots of choices. IMO, the Marina restaurants are more tourist traps. The Office while still touristy has authentic food, in a nice setting (on the beach), and their margs are strong. Like very strong. I’ve experienced the bottoms of many margs glasses there. 

 

Feel free to ask away with any other questions. Happy to help or guide you. 

 

 

Edited by CA_Cruzing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Cabo is a busy town. Depending on when you visit will determine how busy Cabo is. 

 

Yeah, there’s beach vendors. We’re used to them. If you’re inside The Office’s seating area the vendors are not permitted inside to bother you. 

 

As as for food or drink, you can cruise google maps while home and read reviews of other restaurants. We like The Office as their food and drinks are nearly perfect. Living in CA mex food is prevelant here. The Office is a notch better and their seafood is top notch. 

 

Cabo is very CA pricing. Mazatlan and PV are much better values for food and beer. 

 

It all depends on the vibe and scene you’re looking for in Cabo. There are lots of choices. IMO, the Marina restaurants are more tourist traps. The Office while still touristy has authentic food, in a nice setting (on the beach), and their margs are strong. Like very strong. I’ve experienced the bottoms of many margs glasses there. 

 

Feel free to ask away with any other questions. Happy to help or guide you. 

 

 

Thank you for the great information.  We will be in Cabo on a Monday.  First Parasailing with HappyFlights at Noon and then they said they would drop us off wherever we wanted to go.  I was worried with it being that late in the afternoon that The Office or anything on Medano Beach would be crazy crowded.  Guess we will just have to take our chances.  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 7:00 AM, ciship said:

Thank you for the great information.  We will be in Cabo on a Monday.  First Parasailing with HappyFlights at Noon and then they said they would drop us off wherever we wanted to go.  I was worried with it being that late in the afternoon that The Office or anything on Medano Beach would be crazy crowded.  Guess we will just have to take our chances.  Thanks again!

You’re very welcome. Have a great cruise and watch for whales in Cabo. They’re plentiful right now.  We’ll be in Cabo on the 11th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, ciship said:

We are thinking about The Office.  Do you get hounded with beach vendors there?  Would you recommend anywhere else that is not as crowded?

 

We were at Melia Me and didn't have a problem at all https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ maybe because the pool deck is some stairs from the beach and there was security so no one really bothered us and it wasn't crowded at least the day we were there. Beds/ loungers were spread out so you dont' get that crowded feeling.  They were renting jetskis just down the beach btw. 

Edited by crossfitmama
add info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just decided to forego a planned excursion and we are winging it.  My husband's boss recommended The Office (coincidentally) so we will probably walk there, taxi back.  

 

We have never rented Jet Skis (as adults, together) because we have always had 3 small kids/medium kids/large kids and the numbers didn't work.  This is our first solo trip in YEARS.  Looking forward to whooping it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...